1. Post

Questionable Moderating Practice

I don't like Fella or his posts, never thought I'd be defending him. He was arguing as always in The NZ Politics General Discussion Thread. He was posting on topic.

Gar responded to his on-topic post with a childish insult: https://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/4...6#post11077366

Fella responded calling Gar out on trying to bait him, Gar continues to bait him further derailing the thread and exercising his moderator status - Fella once again calls him out on it and Gar suspends him.

Never thought I'd say this, but please revert the suspension from Fella, and if a rule that deserves a suspension was broken then Gar broke it, not Fella.

It's got nothing to do with me but still made me pretty damn nauseous just seeing it.

2. Post
    "Cognitive dissonance" is a childish insult?

3. Post
    Except that Fella I take it has been warned over and over not to whinge about or derail threads into a moderation rant and there he was trying it again, he could have kept the argument going but he dove straight into the personal mod shot.
    I guess if he wasn't known for going into pages and pages of that sort of crap, he may have got away with it. :P

4. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Except that Fella I take it has been warned over and over not to whinge about or derail threads into moderating and there he was trying it again.
    I guess if he wasn't known for going into pages and pages of that sort of crap, he may have got away with it. :P
    That is what Gar was doing though, and Gar derailed it, Fella was entirely on topic until then. This is incredibly sketchy at best.

5. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    That is what Gar was doing though, and Gar derailed it, Fella was entirely on topic until then. This is incredibly sketchy at best.
    :P I saw it like this

Gar quotes Fella. 'cognitive dissonance' i.e. your opinions have changed based on erratic behavior.
    Fella: Gar you're a dick, you're a shit mod who likes to control.
    Gar: You can raise issues with my moderation, just not here
    Fella: Gar you're a dick, your moderation sucks, what a crap contribution.

Probably take out the control freak insult, the moderation complaints and he'd be fine.

6. Post
    trying to claim that Labour is going to raise income tax is enough of a reason for a ban

7. Post
    Can't see any problems here. Ban OP.

8. Post
    If he's been warned for it before in other places then I understand.

9. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    If he's been warned for it before in other places then I understand.
    see: almost every thread fella has ever posted in

10. Post
    I criticised his argument and he replied with an off topic post about moderation, then persisted when warned.

Had it been someone who hasn't been banned for that kind of posting before, and/or been outside of CEPP there would be a good argument for leniency.

11. Post
    Yeah all good. (@KevinL) I actually don't read fella's posts, I just can't, they're so long and worded strangely.

12. Post
    I wish I had your self control.

13. Post
    Gar is not afraid to get in there with no gloves

14. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    Yeah all good. (@KevinL) I actually don't read fella's posts, I just can't, they're so long and worded strangely.
    Ignore list works wonders.

15. Post
    GaR wrote:
    I wish I had your self control.
    I'm just too lazy to read his walls of odd text

mintyOnion wrote:
    Gar is not afraid to get in there with no gloves
    I'm glad he's not working at airport customs

MXRecord wrote:
    Ignore list works wonders.
    My brain does it automatically