1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Bumping up that Metacritic score I see! I feel sorry for casuals who buy the game based on the score alone. Or not sorry, this could open up a whole world of hardcore RPGs to them.

3. Post
    I think this review qualifies as "gushing".

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I think this review qualifies as "gushing".
    And that after a massive number of superlatives have been excised in previous drafts. I have never been as impressed or entertained by a game than I have playing OSII. It's smart without being pretentious, and challenging without being a dick about it. I really cannot say enough good things about this game.

5. Post
    Not a single mention of Witcher 3, Planescape: Torment or early Fallouts in terms of moral ambiguity, choice and consequence, characters richness and storytelling.

Does that mean this game rated so much higher it left them all below clouds?

Repeating the now old, used and abused pitch about choices and story bla bla, means nothing without comparing.

6. Post
    There is a Witcher comparison in there, and I feel my other statements stand on their own and require no additional comparison. If "There is a moral complexity here that is unrivalled in any game I have played" doesn't tell you enough, then I really don't know what to say. Thanks for the feedback.

7. Post
    Awesome review. 100% agree.

8. Post
    It tells me you're super happy with it, but since we didn't spend 20 years as prison cell roommates, I can only guess what that means.

Examples how is it better than a certain game's aspect, or perhaps example from the game itself, without mentioning names, would've served as a nice yang to your generic gushing ying, that's all.

I'm not disputing your claims, or review in general, just musing if it was impossible to paint the picture without spoilers?

9. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Not a single mention of Witcher 3, Planescape: Torment or early Fallouts in terms of moral ambiguity, choice and consequence, characters richness and storytelling.

Does that mean this game rated so much higher it left them all below clouds?

Repeating the now old, used and abused pitch about choices and story bla bla, means nothing without comparing.
    mintyOnion wrote:
    It tells me you're super happy with it, but since we didn't spend 20 years as prison cell roommates, I can only guess what that means.

Examples how is it better than a certain game's aspect, or perhaps example from the game itself, without mentioning names, would've served as a nice yang to your generic gushing ying, that's all.

I'm not disputing your claims, or review in general, just musing if it was impossible to paint the picture without spoilers?
    Constructive feedback is always welcome, but if you start with "Not a single mention of...", call a review "generic", and then proceed to coldly tell a volunteer reviewer (who has nonetheless reviewed dozens and dozens of games) how to review a game the way you think it should be done, you do come off like a bit of a knob.

If you ask things in a friendly manner, we are always happy to oblige with more info. You can even criticise us, but keep it friendly eh. And if being polite is just too difficult for you, maybe just move on to one of the 1000 other reviews at your fingertips.

Bloodline wrote:
    Awesome review. 100% agree.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I did too

10. Post
    A 10, holy sheet

11. Post
    Yep sick game for sure. Wouldn't say the learning curve is super steep, but now I'm worried I'm missing something!

12. Post
    100% agree, would also add would like the camera speed upped by a good 50% even: but it's fine as it is (once you get used to it).

It's keeping me from Destiny 2, which is no mean feat I tell you

13. Post
    Agree with review. Amazing game and stories.

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    smart without being pretentious, and challenging without being a dick about it.
    This is the best, most succinct description of a game's strengths I've heard in a long, long time

15. Post
    Mattie wrote:
    This is the best, most succinct description of a game's strengths I've heard in a long, long time
    Now I really want to ninja edit it into the review.

16. Post
    Great review, thanks a lot Chris.

The first chapter on the prequel when played on hard difficulty prior to the difficulty nerf was one of my greatest RPG experiences ever so this sounds absolutely amazing.

Collectors box still not arrived though
    Last edited by Mikos; 2nd October 2017 at 10:48 am.

17. Post
    it is gud

18. Post
    Going back through Fort Joy and

Spoiler: