Results 1 to 18 of 18

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Bumping up that Metacritic score I see! I feel sorry for casuals who buy the game based on the score alone. Or not sorry, this could open up a whole world of hardcore RPGs to them.

  3. Post
    #3
    I think this review qualifies as "gushing".

  4. Post
    #4
    Gwarden wrote:
    I think this review qualifies as "gushing".
    And that after a massive number of superlatives have been excised in previous drafts. I have never been as impressed or entertained by a game than I have playing OSII. It's smart without being pretentious, and challenging without being a dick about it. I really cannot say enough good things about this game.

  5. Post
    #5
    Not a single mention of Witcher 3, Planescape: Torment or early Fallouts in terms of moral ambiguity, choice and consequence, characters richness and storytelling.

    Does that mean this game rated so much higher it left them all below clouds?

    Repeating the now old, used and abused pitch about choices and story bla bla, means nothing without comparing.

  6. Post
    #6
    There is a Witcher comparison in there, and I feel my other statements stand on their own and require no additional comparison. If "There is a moral complexity here that is unrivalled in any game I have played" doesn't tell you enough, then I really don't know what to say. Thanks for the feedback.

  7. Post
    #7
    Awesome review. 100% agree.

  8. Post
    #8
    It tells me you're super happy with it, but since we didn't spend 20 years as prison cell roommates, I can only guess what that means.

    Examples how is it better than a certain game's aspect, or perhaps example from the game itself, without mentioning names, would've served as a nice yang to your generic gushing ying, that's all.

    I'm not disputing your claims, or review in general, just musing if it was impossible to paint the picture without spoilers?

  9. Post
    #9
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Not a single mention of Witcher 3, Planescape: Torment or early Fallouts in terms of moral ambiguity, choice and consequence, characters richness and storytelling.

    Does that mean this game rated so much higher it left them all below clouds?

    Repeating the now old, used and abused pitch about choices and story bla bla, means nothing without comparing.
    mintyOnion wrote:
    It tells me you're super happy with it, but since we didn't spend 20 years as prison cell roommates, I can only guess what that means.

    Examples how is it better than a certain game's aspect, or perhaps example from the game itself, without mentioning names, would've served as a nice yang to your generic gushing ying, that's all.

    I'm not disputing your claims, or review in general, just musing if it was impossible to paint the picture without spoilers?
    Constructive feedback is always welcome, but if you start with "Not a single mention of...", call a review "generic", and then proceed to coldly tell a volunteer reviewer (who has nonetheless reviewed dozens and dozens of games) how to review a game the way you think it should be done, you do come off like a bit of a knob.

    If you ask things in a friendly manner, we are always happy to oblige with more info. You can even criticise us, but keep it friendly eh. And if being polite is just too difficult for you, maybe just move on to one of the 1000 other reviews at your fingertips.

    Bloodline wrote:
    Awesome review. 100% agree.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I did too

  10. Post
    #10
    A 10, holy sheet

  11. Post
    #11
    Yep sick game for sure. Wouldn't say the learning curve is super steep, but now I'm worried I'm missing something!

  12. Post
    #12
    100% agree, would also add would like the camera speed upped by a good 50% even: but it's fine as it is (once you get used to it).

    It's keeping me from Destiny 2, which is no mean feat I tell you

  13. Post
    #13
    Agree with review. Amazing game and stories.

  14. Post
    #14
    ChrisB wrote:
    smart without being pretentious, and challenging without being a dick about it.
    This is the best, most succinct description of a game's strengths I've heard in a long, long time

  15. Post
    #15
    Mattie wrote:
    This is the best, most succinct description of a game's strengths I've heard in a long, long time
    Now I really want to ninja edit it into the review.

  16. Post
    #16
    Great review, thanks a lot Chris.

    The first chapter on the prequel when played on hard difficulty prior to the difficulty nerf was one of my greatest RPG experiences ever so this sounds absolutely amazing.

    Collectors box still not arrived though
    Last edited by Mikos; 2nd October 2017 at 10:48 am.

  17. Post
    #17
    it is gud

  18. Post
    #18
    Going back through Fort Joy and

    Spoiler: