A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)

1. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    I'm aware of the facts, I'm just saying eventually in a state like New South Wales or perhaps even in New Zealand the police commissioner eventually will say enough is enough with regard to how much ammunition you have at some point.
    Why? Are you psychic?

Also AFAIK parliament passes law, not the police commissioner.

2. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Why? Are you psychic?

Also AFAIK parliament passes law, not the police commissioner.
    Yes, the police commissioner maintains the laws, the parliament makes the laws. That's a bit obtuse....

The case with New South Wale is that there is a "reasonable amount" of ammunition before you get a knock on the door by the police now, according to recent regulations on the matter. I was just cherry picking any recent example, I probably could have used something else but that's just one case of a shit storm in a tea cup that has most law abiding gun owners in New South Wales get up in arms about (figuratively of course).

I'm not psychic, I used the analogy of money. There is a reasonable amount of money that you can have stashed under your mattress before you get a knock on the door from the police also. This happens regularly with drug money and proceeds of crime.

I don't need to be psychic, it happens.

3. Post
    If you're not psychic, how do you know how much cash/ammo is stashed in someone's mattress?

4. Post
    Cash is easy, when enough notes go out of circulation you do the maths on the serial numbers and you work out where that money has gone out of circulation, you might even use the originating point where that money was withdrawn to give you some sort of idea. People falsely believe (such as drug dealers) that hording large amounts of cash is safe. It really isn't. If a Narc is bored enough you will eventually get a knock on your door as to why you have so much cash under your mattress.

If enough of these ones go out of circulation they start to get even more suspicious:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100-Dollar-Note-Of-New-Zealand-1999.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	219389

This is also why people tend to try to "clean" their money by using whatever process (say for example a legitimate business enterprise) as a front for recirculating their money so the narcs don't get suspicious of how much cash is actually under their mattress (this happens regularly).

Ammunition is not much more difficult, you go to your gun shop you have a register of the amount of bullets/clips you have bought. In the state of New South Wales in Australia, once that reaches whatever made up threshold in some police officers head that is bored enough to investigate why you have so much ammo they knock on your door.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 7th October 2017 at 3:44 pm.

5. Post
    You know that people don't put ammo under their mattress, in some cases they've been known to actually shoot it.

6. Post
    • I realise people don't put ammo under their mattress generally (some people plan for the zombie apocalypse).
    • I was throwing around a few hypotheticals with a mate last night
    • I was also throwing around ways that might be able to regulate how much ammo is out there for one person.

7. Post
    Shit look at m knight shamalamalam over here

8. Post
    Was in the states recently. Holy ****ing homeless and drug addicts, batman. Really sad.

9. Post
    I don't have to be a drug dealer, movie director, or narc. One days this will happen to you. You go to your usual coffee shop its shut down. Enough word goes around it was a laundering front. Shit happens... you find another coffee shop to go to.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 7th October 2017 at 4:49 pm.

10. Post
    i bought 100 rounds every 2 months for the last 5 years, how many rounds have i got?

11. Post
    You would have had something close to 3000 rounds at some point if you didn't use them. I don't know how many of them are spent because no one records spent ammo (except yourself, when you need to get more) especially if you're shooting privately. However, it's nothing out of the unusual particularly by American standards. Lets just pick on .22 caliber ammunition for the fact its quite common.

https://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-22-lr-...tchpsswin-3000

The New South Wales police would be more interested if you started buying those quantities of ammo, in those numbers frequently. Something around 10000 rounds or so is what I've heard before they start asking you what you're doing with it.

12. Post
    purplez wrote:
    Was in the states recently. Holy ****ing homeless and drug addicts, batman. Really sad.
    I blame the mexicans for the drugs

13. Post
    JRS wrote:
    i bought 100 rounds every 2 months for the last 5 years, how many rounds have i got?
    Are they under your mattress?

14. Post
    I don/t know about you but I keep everything under my mattress.

15. Post
    How many degrees can you stash under your mattress before the police commissioner comes knocking on your door?

16. Post
    Nobody tell him about reloading...

17. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Are they under your mattress?
    i thought we were talking about buying beer. my bad.

18. Post
    purplez wrote:
    I was in Detroit once.

I hate to say it, but Robocop nailed it.

19. Post
    JRS wrote:
    i thought we were talking about buying beer. my bad.
    Just answer the question.

20. Post
    Grifty wrote:
    I was in Detroit once.

I hate to say it, but Robocop nailed it.
    Wtb: ED-209

21. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    Cash is easy, when enough notes go out of circulation you do the maths on the serial numbers and you work out where that money has gone out of circulation, you might even use the originating point where that money was withdrawn to give you some sort of idea. People falsely believe (such as drug dealers) that hording large amounts of cash is safe. It really isn't. If a Narc is bored enough you will eventually get a knock on your door as to why you have so much cash under your mattress.

If enough of these ones go out of circulation they start to get even more suspicious:

Name:	100-Dollar-Note-Of-New-Zealand-1999.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	219389

This is also why people tend to try to "clean" their money by using whatever process (say for example a legitimate business enterprise) as a front for recirculating their money so the narcs don't get suspicious of how much cash is actually under their mattress (this happens regularly).

Ammunition is not much more difficult, you go to your gun shop you have a register of the amount of bullets/clips you have bought. In the state of New South Wales in Australia, once that reaches whatever made up threshold in some police officers head that is bored enough to investigate why you have so much ammo they knock on your door.
    Answer the question.

22. Post
    Roumelio wrote:

You lost me there.

Even if I'm a drug dealer and the police don't know, why are they more likely to knock on my door as opposed to yours?

Unless I was stupid enough to change the drug deal notes of choice from $20s to $100s, that is.

How is ammunition "slightly more difficult", given you're signing a register every time you buy some?

We drug dealers don't really have a register, and if we did we wouldn't sign it.

23. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    That doesn't limit the quantity of ammunition - and in NZ we have to present our license to buy ammo. But it doesn't stop us buying lots of it.

Quantity of ammunition owned isn't an issue, there are legitimate users that go through thousands of rounds (pest control/ competition/ cullers).

The issues in the USA are:
    - price of guns and ammo is cheap (or the price of guns in ammo in the rest of the world is expensive depending on how you look at it)
    - bumpfire type mods
    - no restrictions of magazine size (you can buy 100 round mags for ARs)
    - culture (and I would say this is 50% of the problem)
    Omg have you seen the gunballs mags for a 10/22? So ugly.

24. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Omg have you seen the gunballs mags for a 10/22? So ugly.
    Anniversary clear 10 rounders on a trimag clip, that's ugly.
    And fun.

Name:	images (4).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	219400

25. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Answer the question.
    What question? I said I don't need to be a psychic. I told you how the system works, what more do you need to know? I am telling you matter of fact as it happened. I have never been there myself, I have no interest in dealing drugs what so ever, but give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

Being around certain aspects of life and having seen people go to court for proceeds of crime in relation to money, the feds very much have a good idea of what you are doing with your money if they are interested enough in finding out.

You are not safe with cash, otherwise these money laundering fronts would have no reason to exist. I'm not about to explicitly state how I know this (its not really any of your business either), However, I am fairly well connected to people who have been there.

Collect enough Benjamin Franklins and/or live a life that doesn't add up to the means of your work/lifestyle and people will figure out eventually where that money is coming from.

I have not, I am a law abiding citizen, have no interest in it but you can have fun not believing me, until either you, your loved one or someone you associate with goes through the whole situation and comes out and tells you the other side of it.

As to the laws about ammunition, here in Australia where I now reside, it's pretty damn simple. Once you hit a magical number, oh I don't know, I believe word of mouth is around 10000 rounds you might get a friendly visit from the boys in blue if you happen to live in New South Wales.

I am not obligated to speak further on this matter, as its a needs to know basis. You don't know me, and I don't need to tell you anything other than the facts of the matter. It doesn't take an ass burglar, or a rocket scientist to work it out beyond that.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 8th October 2017 at 4:56 pm.