A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 14,301 to 14,325 of 14575

  1. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    Who thinks Hillary "we came, we saw, he died" Rodham Clinton is going to run again?
    Crazy people.

    https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/2312573002

    Just 25 percent of likely participants in the 2020 Iowa Democratic caucuses think another Clinton candidacy would add to the race, the poll found. Seventy-two percent think a Clinton candidacy would detract from the race, and 3 percent are unsure

  2. Post
    frio wrote:
    For sure, but if the head of the KKK is endorsing you it probably also warrants stopping, taking a step back and looking at your policies and rhetoric.
    The KKK getting behind a Samoan? ha har nice one, totally believable

    She rebutted the unwanted endorsement coverage - and pointed to her vision which is upsetting some of the bloodlusty powers that be

    “Publicizing Duke’s so-called ‘endorsement’ is meant to distract from my message: that I will end regime-change wars, work to end the new cold war and take us away from the precipice of a nuclear war, which is a greater danger now than ever before.”

  3. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    And again, it’s good that their voice is there, but they need to legitimately achieve popularity goals to advance. Stein and Gabbard have achieved those % goals through illegitimate means whether purposeful or not. Bernie is a different kettle of fish, his different voice is popular (obviously). Yang is a classic disruptive voice.
    My point is that democratic candidates have consistently been mouthpieces for the corporate state or military industrial complex and are therefore also voices gotten through illegitimate means, so any discussion of Tulsi Gabbard or Jill Stein outside of that context when they in fact are bringing more to the conversation than corporate-backed candidates do is a telling exercise that speaks to one's priorities and when amplified by astroturfing bluechecks of the mainstream media only demonstrates the corporate capture of political commentary.

  4. Post
    I get your point, and yes the whole system is broken because of the money in it. State level too. A good recent example is the ambassador to the UN caught up in the Ukraine issue, paid for his position with a donation to the Trump inauguration committee despite being woefully unqualified. The whole thing sucks, but Russian influenced changes only benefit Russia.

  5. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Cool visualisation here. The dots represent occupations, not individuals

    Attachment 227534
    Buttigieg's trend is unsurprising. Warren's similar popularity in more elite positions, relative to Bernie, seems to stem from the differences in conceptions of power between Bernie and Warren - in that Warren signals that she is happy to work within the power structure to produce change whereas Bernie wants to redistribute power. So Warren's proposals incite less fear in the Hamptons. Also if understanding from identity politics perspective, Warren clearlly fits the more technocratic model vs Bernie's union appeal.

  6. Post
    https://waldrn.com/candidate-support...ratic-primary/

    Here’s the original data if you’re interested

  7. Post
    Why is russia inherently bad and always wrong?

  8. Post
    i was hoping for more twitter meltdowns from wine moms after the bernie squad endorsement

  9. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Why is russia inherently bad and always wrong?
    It depends who you are. To a kiwi, not so bad, but Russia is the enemy of the US, just more stealthily than they used to be at the moment.

  10. Post
    US losing empire and the rise of a more multipolar world can only mean good things for the american people as a whole. Historically fallen empires have elevated the status of people within them.

  11. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Why is russia inherently bad and always wrong?
    This is a good book, if you’re interested
    https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=YxNCDwAAQBAJ

  12. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    The KKK getting behind a Samoan? ha har nice one, totally believable

    She rebutted the unwanted endorsement coverage - and pointed to her vision which is upsetting some of the bloodlusty powers that be

    “Publicizing Duke’s so-called ‘endorsement’ is meant to distract from my message: that I will end regime-change wars, work to end the new cold war and take us away from the precipice of a nuclear war, which is a greater danger now than ever before.”
    ... but he did though. You just said she rejected his endorsement. For her to reject it... he must've done it, no?

    CODChimera wrote:
    Why is russia inherently bad and always wrong?
    Because they're a corrupt authoritarian state. Journalists and opponents of the regime get murdered regularly. We might be tired of Team America World Police, but... I suspect we'd all be a lot less happy with Teams Russia or China doing the world policing.

  13. Post
    U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper tells reporters travelling with him that all U.S. troops withdrawing from northern Syria will be going to western Iraq.
    So not going home, or even out of the region then

  14. Post
    That's another quality election promise upheld - bringing the troops home

  15. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    So not going home, or even out of the region then
    Lmao

  16. Post
    frio wrote:
    ... but he did though. You just said she rejected his endorsement. For her to reject it... he must've done it, no?
    I am suggesting that it wasn't a genuine endorsement due to closely-held racial beliefs of the KKK ilk

    the endorsement is a distraction/smear attempt amplified by media in service of bloodthirsty industry, as oposed to her policies aligning with the KKK

    frio wrote:
    Because they're a corrupt authoritarian state. Journalists and opponents of the regime get murdered regularly. We might be tired of Team America World Police, but... I suspect we'd all be a lot less happy with Teams Russia or China doing the world policing.
    With the weekly fiascos coming out of Washington Russia's government is looking quite effective/drama free/uncorrupt in comparison

    politicians get murdered in USA too, Seth Rich? If that was in Moscow, for sure Putin did it right?

  17. Post
    frio wrote:
    For sure, but if the head of the KKK is endorsing you it probably also warrants stopping, taking a step back and looking at your policies and rhetoric.
    Well it would be nice if the USA stopped giving Israel a lot of money and aid.

    They stole technology and built nukes despite the USA nuclear umbrella.

  18. Post
    Ohh

    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan reportedly threw President Donald Trump’s letter in the trash upon receiving it
    https://www.politico.eu/article/turk...ent-forgotten/

  19. Post
    Lol

  20. Post
    I hope he made it into a paper plane and lit on fire before chucking it in the trash.

  21. Post
    I would have framed it tbh, the comedy value in receiving a thing like that would last forever.

  22. Post
    Janitor set up for life after rare 2019 printed Trump rant goes at auction

  23. Post
    Turns out that Mitt Romney has been using a shadow twitter account under the pseudonym Pierre Delecto to follow all sorts of dem leaning accounts and Trump critic researchers.

    Name:  BF7A9073-189B-4843-A832-D2936B0A89C8.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  24.2 KB

  24. Post
    380 days until the next election. A reminder of how presidential races can change

    With 380 days to go:
    2008 Dem: Clinton led by 25.8 points.
    2008 GOP: Giuliani led by 8.9 points.
    2012 GOP: Cain led by 0.5 points.
    2016 Dem: Clinton led by 22.8 points.
    2016 GOP: Trump led by 5.8 points.

  25. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    With the weekly fiascos coming out of Washington Russia's government is looking quite effective/drama free/uncorrupt in comparison

    politicians get murdered in USA too, Seth Rich? If that was in Moscow, for sure Putin did it right?
    Except there's no evidence that Seth Rich's death had anything to do with his politics. Don't be confused by the conspiracy theories that were spread around.

    Additionally, the entire reason the US is such a shit show right now is because the entire republican party are compromised. I'm not sure you can say Russia is any less corrupt though, if anything it's far, far worse.