A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 10315

1. Post
    TRump will win. He's still riding the economic recovery horse. The recession should kick in at the start of his next term and then the whole world is in for a ride.

I hope I'm wrong.

2. Post
    we can't let china keep doing chinese things to the ozone layer
    they already steal our ip

their entire population is under some psuedo-totalitarian regime with zero (0) freedom
    we cannot negotiate with these **********

i have had this theory re chinese pollution for years ((and been shunned by randos for no evidence based logic)) and now it has been revealed they have been circumventing the rules the whole time

no shit trump wanted to leave paris climate accord
    if there is no even playing field you don't play the game. it's pretty simple stuff br4s and baes

3. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    are you unironically defending china
    'cuz unless china does something about their pollution we have problemos
    Read it again champ. I'm pointing out to our mutual friend that CFC emissions won't cause lung cancer/toxic air for the local populace, they'll scorch us. In no way is that a defence of China lmao

4. Post
    Abo wrote:
    you post here everyday complaining about trump

you care a lot
    I don’t care about what TS thinks or posts is what I meant.

5. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    no shit trump wanted to leave paris climate accord
    if there is no even playing field you don't play the game. it's pretty simple stuff br4
    Situation 1: the Montreal accord. China's factories have been shown to be violating it, and now the international community has a legal framework to deal with them.

Situation 2: pulling out of something completely different: the Paris accord. Now the US is free to pollute and noone on the planet can legally deal with them.

This is a shitty take lol.

6. Post
    frio wrote:
    Situation 1: the Montreal accord. China's factories have been shown to be violating it, and now the international community has a legal framework to deal with them.

Situation 2: pulling out of something completely different: the Paris accord. Now the US is free to pollute and noone on the planet can legally deal with them.

This is a shitty take lol.
    that framework is nonenforceable.
    it really isn't a shitty take
    the united states is energy independent and has been reducing emissions consistently

7. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    the united states is energy independent and has been reducing emissions consistently
    It's literally the most successful climate accord ever and when we're less than, what, 48h from one member state being exposed, apparently it's now a failure. **** the factories for doing what they're doing, but we stomped it out when Russia did the same back in the 90s so it seems a bit premature to give up on enforcement.

Unless you're talking about the Paris accords and I've misread that.

8. Post
    frio wrote:
    It's literally the most successful climate accord ever and when we're less than, what, 48h from one member state being exposed, apparently it's now a failure. **** the factories for doing what they're doing, but we stomped it out when Russia did the same back in the 90s so it seems a bit premature to give up on enforcement..
    yeah. total failure. it has not been enforced.
    when china pubically publish their emissions (legitimately), we can come to a resolution
    they won't and we'll patiently wait
    for a while.

9. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    The “energy independent” USA is currently importing Russian oil to make up for the ban on Venezuelan oil.

10. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    The “energy independent” USA is currently importing Russian oil to make up for the ban on Venezuelan oil.
    energy independent: output pollution < input pollution
    i just invented that definition so if it's incorrect pls correctio

but if you want to be serious venezuela has recently crumbled so what do you expect

11. Post
    I expect a county that is “energy independent” to not import energy, hence, the independence bit.

12. Post
    le expectation was re: venezuela

US energy independence relates to the goal of reducing the United States imports of petroleum and other foreign sources of energy. ... In total energy consumption, the US was between 86% and 91% self-sufficient in 2016. In May 2011, the country became a net exporter of refined petroleum products.
    yeah, they're energy independent br4

13. Post
    my definition was constructed by my brainlet (that's a neurotransmitter reference, really bad taste)
    b-b-but if someone wants to actually reference that concept please do so now sometime
    probably domain of climate sci tbh

14. Post

15. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I donít care about what TS thinks or posts is what I meant.
    If you really don't care then why do you bother replying to my post instead of just ignoring it?

16. Post
    I love how China is one big spooky place

17. Post

18. Post
    It's actually hilarious how often this has to be stated. By this point peoples brains have 100% melted, or maybe they always were melted who knows?

Thunderstorm wrote:
    If you really don't care then why do you bother replying to my post instead of just ignoring it?
    I don't really care about your posts either but I can still reply to them because sometimes it's funny and it takes a few seconds at most? Although honestly I kinda like hearing your pov, I just wish it was one or two steps closer to reality sometimes.

NaCh0 wrote:
    I love how China is one big spooky place
    well buckle up because it's gonna get scarier

19. Post
    Richest country in the world...

Name:  005AC625-1A6C-422B-B202-31D6DFCB0369.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  224.6 KB

20. Post
    17 new espionage charges from the US on Julian Assange.

21. Smile
    You know gneiss, If i was a US president I'd start paying that debt off..... NOW!

22. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    You know gneiss, If i was a US president I'd start paying that debt off..... NOW!
    Why pay off debt when you can buy more military toys for your ongoing wars??

Let’s not forget that Trump promised to completely eliminate the national debt over two terms in office (if he got them).

23. Smile
    gneiss wrote:
    Why pay off debt when you can buy more military toys for your ongoing wars??
    I saw the aircraft carrier that got sent to the middle east and all the F-18's, I just thought they were a little old and some countries are buying F-35's.

wrote:
    Let’s not forget that Trump promised to completely eliminate the national debt over two terms in office (if he got them).
    Two terms my arse, Where the hell does he expect to get 20 tril when they earn less than 5?
    I don't know what running the country costs too. :/
    Last edited by Magic Robertson; 24th May 2019 at 10:21 am. Reason: spelling

24. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    I saw the aircraft carrier that got sent to the middle east and all the F-18's, I just thought they were a little old and some countries are buying F-35's.
    They're still trying to get the F-35 to not suck.

25. Post
    superhornets are boss as **** anyway