A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 8,551 to 8,566 of 8566

1. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    What aspects of the Russia conspiracy do you think are fake news? Mueller found that they meddled with the 2016 campaign and it's been shown they had involvement again in 2018.... there's numerous Trump staffers (such as Don Jr) who have been shown to have been in contact with the Russians regarding hacked emails, Manafort sent them polling data, wikileaks involvement with Roger Stone etc... so what part is fake news?
    That Trump colluded with Russia and that's why he won the election

2. Post
    lmao at Avenatti. That guy always seemed like a toolbag.

3. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Im in no way saying that its something that is partisan, both sides do it and the media fuels it (including some of the alternative media ie political youtubers)
    if youre accepting of this point (that i absolutely agree with) then you cant call someone out saying theyre in an acho chamber for not wanting to partake in watching someone doing exactly that. this is exactly my point, one side claims echo chamber while ignoring information, the other side does exactly the sodding same.

4. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    if youre accepting of this point (that i absolutely agree with) then you cant call someone out saying theyre in an acho chamber for not wanting to partake in watching someone doing exactly that. this is exactly my point, one side claims echo chamber while ignoring information, the other side does exactly the sodding same.
    A fair point I had not considered that.

5. Post
    i will also point out that the majority of the "alternative media ie political youtubers" as you put it do it, to a much higher degree than the MSM itself, because they fill their audio studios with people and staff who agree with them on microphone and do little but compound their opinions, and any time that ive seen someone who disagrees with them bought in theyre attacked or barked over until they cbf and some smug looking asshole declares he's won

6. Post
    The whole Barr statement shit reminds me a lot of how they operate at Fox News

- Say one thing which may or may not be truthful
    - Spread it as hard as possible
    - When the full truth comes out people will still believe the original lie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief_perseverance

7. Post
    frio wrote:
    lmao at Avenatti. That guy always seemed like a toolbag.
    He's a professional grifter and like Trump he will wriggle his way out of this jam.

Also all jokes aside, everyone is aware that the Mueller report hasn't _actually_ been released yet right?

8. Post
    Dans wrote:
    The whole Barr statement shit reminds me a lot of how they operate at Fox News

- Say one thing which may or may not be truthful
    - Spread it as hard as possible
    - When the full truth comes out people will still believe the original lie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief_perseverance
    and that is one of the main reasons (before Trump) fox was seen as the joke news network, theyve been like it for ****ing decades, theyre like that shitty tabloid paper you see at the dairy (i cant remember its name, it was called The Truth or something ironic as like that) with headlines like"Michael Jacksons Parents Are Aliens" (was an actual headline i remember seeing on it)

9. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    i will also point out that the majority of the "alternative media ie political youtubers" as you put it do it, to a much higher degree than the MSM itself, because they fill their audio studios with people and staff who agree with them on microphone and do little but compound their opinions, and any time that ive seen someone who disagrees with them bought in theyre attacked or barked over until they cbf and some smug looking asshole declares he's won
    Yeah I have seen that, its not the case with all of them some have valid concerns and criticism. I still find entertainment value in stuff like louder with crowder he is a talented comedian IMHO. I mainly follow extreme political channels because I find them interesting..

10. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    and that is one of the main reasons (before Trump) fox was seen as the joke news network, theyve been like it for ****ing decades, theyre like that shitty tabloid paper you see at the dairy (i cant remember its name, it was called The Truth or something ironic as like that) with headlines like"Michael Jacksons Parents Are Aliens" (was an actual headline i remember seeing on it)
    Well that was The National Enquirer back in the day (Bat-boy, I married an alien, etc). Who knows how they became some sort of actual newspaper over the last little while.

11. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Well that was The National Enquirer back in the day (Bat-boy, I married an alien, etc). Who knows how they became some sort of actual newspaper over the last little while.
    i goggled, it was called "The Truth" in NZ, before it went out of print that human grease pit Cameron Slater was the editor (which explains a shit of a lot)

12. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    It's crazy when you consider just how much of our politics/decision making piggy backs of the USA. You have these outlets like Fox News which shape the political climate in the USA and then that has a direct spin-off effect on other countries. Rupert Murdoch has an insane amount of sway on the world in general, it's pretty disgusting stuff.

13. Post
    Dans wrote:
    It's crazy when you consider just how much of our politics/decision making piggy backs of the USA. You have these outlets like Fox News which shape the political climate in the USA and then that has a direct spin-off effect on other countries. Rupert Murdoch has an insane amount of sway on the world in general, it's pretty disgusting stuff.
    And then NZ media tries to do the same thing by giving dipshit assholes like Mike Hosking a regular show.

14. Post
    Dans wrote:
    It's crazy when you consider just how much of our politics/decision making piggy backs of the USA.
    I saw a slow transition from the more reserved British-style TV to the now crass USA-Style TV we have now had for the last 20+ years. Sad but true. It wasn't me who did says an OWG

15. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    And then NZ media tries to do the same thing by giving dipshit assholes like Mike Hosking a regular show.
    Mike Hosking thrives in the era of "breaking news" and clickbait.
    Dude has about as much journalistic integrity as Alex Jones but still acts like one

16. Post
    Dans wrote:
    Mike Hosking thrives in the era of "breaking news" and clickbait.
    I call Jack Tame 'Mike Hosking'-Lite, as it seems he copies a lot of his style.