A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 10317

  1. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    can someone just drive to another state to get the abortion done?
    Georgia Republicans want to charge women who do this with conspiracy to commit murder. Also, it's a barrier to poorer women.

  2. Post
    So in Alabama today whilst debating an the disgusting abortion restrictions they were intending to pass today, Senator Clyde Chambliss was asked if the legislation would provide exceptions for rape or incest victims.


    His answer was "Yes, until they know they're pregnant"

    So in Alabama they want to keep it legal for rape and incest victims to get abortions before they know they're pregnant.

  3. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    So in Alabama today whilst debating an the disgusting abortion restrictions they were intending to pass today, Senator Clyde Chambliss was asked if the legislation would provide exceptions for rape or incest victims.


    His answer was "Yes, until they know they're pregnant"

    So in Alabama they want to keep it legal for rape and incest victims to get abortions before they know they're pregnant.
    common sense would say his meaning was if you get raped you should get checked if you're pregnant.

  4. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    common sense would say his meaning was if you get raped you should get checked if you're pregnant.
    And if they tell you you're pregnant, you can no longer get an abortion, because you now know you're pregnant. And also abortion is now a felony with a 99 year prison sentence. And your rapist gets to walk away laughing.

  5. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    And if they tell you you're pregnant, you can no longer get an abortion, because you now know you're pregnant. And also abortion is now a felony with a 99 year prison sentence. And your rapist gets to walk away laughing.
    *up to 99 years.

  6. Post
    My bad.


    The alabama bill also doesn't mention embryos destroyed during IVF, because "They're not inside a woman. They're not pregnant"

    Which is weird, because if it's intended to protect life from conception... Why would that matter?

  7. Post
    The worst part about debating abortion laws is the people who think where they've drawn the line in the sand as to when its acceptable to terminate is clearly correct and everybody else is a baby murderer or rape enabler. This is possibly the least black and white subject to debate.

  8. Post
    It's pretty simple though. Do you believe people should have bodily autonomy or not?

  9. Post
    like choosing to reproduce?

  10. Post
    Yes. And by extension, choosing not to. And before you say it, choosing to have sex is not choosing to have a baby. At all.

  11. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    It's pretty simple though. Do you believe people should have bodily autonomy or not?
    Its not that black and white

  12. Post
    It is. Should it be legal to handcuff you to a person and force you to take care of them for 9 months?

  13. Post
    yep definitely what america needs, more unwanted children clogging up the already antiquated and broken foster care system

  14. Post
    The Handmaid's Tale is becoming reality...

  15. Post
    1 in 4 women in the US will have an abortion by age 45. Alabama just made abortions a felony. Felons can't vote.

    But sure it's a huge deal that some unviable cells get thrown away even though 10-50% of pregnancies will end with spontaneous abortion or as it's otherwise known, miscarriage.

  16. Post
    They are not piles of trash. Being unwanted is a tragedy not an excuse to abort them. Perhaps we should be fixing that instead

  17. Post
    You're in no position to fix anything. You can say "oh but adoption is available" but you don't even believe that. The fact that orphanages even exist at all proves the lie that anti-choicers do not give a shit about actual existing children, and want to solely to control women.

  18. Post
    More troll comments. Orphanages exist because the social system has flaws not because people want to control women. Simplistic argument as usual

  19. Post
    Orphanages exist because you pro-life people who claim adoption exists as a means to get rid of unwanted kids aren't actually adopting anyone

  20. Post
    Presumably Alabama women can just travel to the nearest US state that doesn't have nonsensical laws like this, it's probably $20 bucks on a Greyhound. Irish women did it for years.

    They should probably stay there on general principle.

  21. Post
    You don't "get rid" of kids. They're not trash. Your views on kids is quite disturbing.

    Also I'm sure you know not adopting kids somehow means you are some women hating monster.

  22. Post
    Bobs, Iíll save you having to repeat yourself with further posts. Just watch this for Bobs thoughts team.


  23. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Presumably Alabama women can just travel to the nearest US state that doesn't have nonsensical laws like this, it's probably $20 bucks on a Greyhound. Irish women did it for years.

    They should probably stay there on general principle.
    I don't know if they have, but there's always the possibility Alabama does what Georgia does, and make leaving the state for an abortion a conspiracy to commit murder charge.

    Bobs wrote:
    You don't "get rid" of kids. They're not trash. Your views on kids is quite disturbing.

    Also I'm sure you know not adopting kids somehow means you are some women hating monster.
    I'm not the person who thinks women should be forced against their will to carry pregnancies to term even in the cases of rape and incest. That appears to be you.

  24. Post
    brand wrote:
    The Handmaid's Tale is becoming reality...
    It's like we couldn't decide on what dystopian future we wanted so we just picked all of them.

    Does anyone here really think Bobs gives a **** about abortion? the guy who's constantly bitching about the unemployed, minorities etc

  25. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    It's like we couldn't decide on what dystopian future we wanted so we just picked all of them.

    Does anyone here really think Bobs gives a **** about abortion? the guy who's constantly bitching about the unemployed, minorities etc
    his opinion on it isnt uncommon amongst republican americans tbh, theyre super anti any form of socialism, until it comes to stuff like abortion, and then the govt should definitely have control.