A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 11,701 to 11,725 of 13043

  1. Post
    Point out to me where in that definition it says "exclusively", because I can't see it. And then when you've done that stfu forever.

  2. Post
    lol...

  3. Post
    imagine thunderpants shock when he finds out the British invented concentration camps and not the Germans

  4. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    no it ****ing isn't you're making things up
    Jesus tap dancing Christ it’s unreal.

    Here you go TS, as was provided earlier, which you either didn’t read or didn’t understand, the British used concentration camps in the Boer War from 1900 to 1902. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit...ntration_camps

    Now, surely you can agree that 1900 came before the 1940’s. Therefore a type of concentration camp existed prior to the Nazi camps. Therefore a Nazi concentration camp is not the only type of camp, and in fact the earlier type should define what the meaning captures. Indeed, we find this is the case. Using this definition https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...tration%20camp, we see that it fits what happened in 1900, and it fits what happened in the Cuba war for independence in the 1800’s, and it fits what is happening now on the US border.

    Specific examples of what happened during WW2 doesn’t mean that that is all of the examples

    Edit -oh I see there’s been a couple of replies since I started that

  5. Post
    Hey Siri - How do definitions work?

  6. Post

  7. Post
    Ok so we have examples NK's, Nazi. and British concentration camps, but the migrant/refugees should instead come under the definition of detention center. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ntion%20center

  8. Post
    They are both.

  9. Post
    oh it's the butthurt guy again

  10. Post
    frio wrote:
    They are both.
    how can they be both? they have two separate definitions, detention centers is the correct name for them on the border.

  11. Post
    frio wrote:
    They are both.
    the people that don't mind the camps call them a term that normalises it
    the people against the camps use the term that sensationalises it.

    everybody should agree on that and move on?

  12. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    how can they be both? they have two separate definitions, detention centers is the correct name for them on the border.
    Sigh.

  13. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Attachment 225378

    Dear usurper, how did you come to like Trump in the first place?
    Is 4 months enough time to come up with an answer?

  14. Post
    I'm done engaging with ts. dude is either intentionally obtuse or has trouble with his shoelaces. neither one reflects well on him.

  15. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Is 4 months enough time to come up with an answer?
    probably, is Mutton still around?

  16. Post
    usurper wrote:
    probably, is Mutton still around?
    Is he the only one you will tell?

  17. Post
    frio wrote:
    Sigh.
    pfft

    gneiss wrote:
    Is 4 months enough time to come up with an answer?
    I don't think mutton is around any more, hes kinda disappeared.

  18. Post
    No, but he seemed like a reasonable person that I could sit down, have a beer with and chat politics. Are you genuinely interested?

  19. Post
    usurper wrote:
    No, but he seemed like a reasonable person that I could sit down, have a beer with and chat politics. Are you genuinely interested?
    I’m genuinely interested, especially in anyone who 1) liked Trump pre-election, 2) still supports him now, and 3) who can string a sentence together.

  20. Post
    usurper wrote:
    the people that don't mind the camps call them a term that normalises it
    the people against the camps use the term that sensationalises it.

    everybody should agree on that and move on?
    Sweet Baby Jesus.

    Nail on head finally.

    Don't bother reading the last 10 pages of retardation and just read this post instead.

  21. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Sweet Baby Jesus.

    Nail on head finally.

    Don't bother reading the last 10 pages of retardation and just read this post instead.
    This.

  22. Post
    TIL definitions can only apply to one thing at a time, my understanding of human language has been utterly shattered.

  23. Post
    It started with me liking Bernie during the primaries, due to (from what I can remember) his view on breaking up monopolies, his anti war rhetoric and his stance on wealth inequality.
    (Looking back I disagree with the way he wants to fix the issues I care about)

    When Bernie was battling in the primaries, Wikileaks exposed the corruption in the DNC. He was up against a machine that was NEVER going to let him win.
    He had a choice to either call out their corruption and fight it, or accept it. For whatever reason, he chose to accept it and even endorse Hillary Clinton.

    This was a pivotal moment for me, his character was laid bare for all to see.

    Now the US was left with two choices, Hillary or Trump and I didn't like either of them.

    This isn't coming out how I want it to, but hopefully it makes sense so far and lays out a starting position.

    I wonder was anyone else here in the same position as me?
    Last edited by usurper; 16th July 2019 at 12:03 am. Reason: accidentally a word

  24. Post
    No, because it makes absolutely no sense to go from supporting Sanders to Trump.

  25. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    No, because it makes absolutely no sense to go from supporting Sanders to Trump.
    Plenty did in 2016.