A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 13043

1. Post
    Will people tip at macdonalds now? /lol @ america

2. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    then you are ****ed for signing up your details to FB etc. Time to make that decision of what you give to a company which makes money from selling your info to others.
    Yea this is why I have never had a facebook account ever. It been my policy for years not to upload personal data to servers on the net.

3. Post
    i like to say the same but tbh i was not careful when i was younger, i am sure there is a wealth of info on me online which i am aware off even tho i tried my dardest to delete and remove it all , i still get spam email targeting my likes from years ago. The same is said for my credit card data etc. The banks have full access to my spending habits. what i buy etc .

I dont have a FB, snapchat, twitter etc social media account but that also means i do not have a method of checking what exactly is online about myself

4. Post
    i have never entered my real name or date of birth on the Internet, never been or joined a social network site and i dont have a credit card or bank account in my name , it all goes through my wife or children and i have never managed to find any record of me when i search google. from day 1 i always was reluctant to give out any personal details to anyone .

5. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    i like to say the same but tbh i was not careful when i was younger, i am sure there is a wealth of info on me online which i am aware off even tho i tried my dardest to delete and remove it all , i still get spam email targeting my likes from years ago. The same is said for my credit card data etc. The banks have full access to my spending habits. what i buy etc .

I dont have a FB, snapchat, twitter etc social media account but that also means i do not have a method of checking what exactly is online about myself
    If your still getting spam emails from years back why don't you simply start a fresh delete your old email and get a new email address?
    True that banks have all your spending habits but they are certainly more secure with your private info than things like facebook or other 3rd party internet servers., you could always instead use an anonymous prezzy card. PH and texting is sufficient for me to keep up with friends and family.

6. Post
    I expect, at some point in the future, putting fake personal information onto social media / corporate web sites will be made a crime.

7. Post
    Lots of stuff happening today. Anyone want to go halves on a fallout shelter?

8. Post
    The guy Trump has chosen to replace McMaster is terrible, an absolute war monger who is keen on a pre-emptive strike on North Korea and still believes the Iraq War was a good idea.

How anyone can think that Trump is doing anything good is beyond me.

9. Post
    LOL "Bolton has spoken in favor of the People's Mujahedin of Iran (also known as the Mujahedin-e Khalq, or MEK), "an armed Islamic group with Marxist leanings" : Oh look Taliban Mk 2.

The guy is like some sort of bad political movie character dredged out of the 70s.

Here you go EraD...

In 2013, Bolton set up the John Bolton Super PAC. It raised $11.3 million for Republican candidates in the 2014 and 2016 elections and spent $5.6 million, paying Cambridge Analytica at least $650,000 for voter data analysis and digital video ad targeting in support of the
    Oh dear... brb buying lead walls.

10. Post
    **** me. Shit's about to get serious.

11. Post
    If shit's gonna happen then it's going to happen soon, because in November the Democrats are going to be in charge and Trump won't be able to pick his nose without permission.

12. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    The guy Trump has chosen to replace McMaster is terrible, an absolute war monger who is keen on a pre-emptive strike on North Korea and still believes the Iraq War was a good idea.

How anyone can think that Trump is doing anything good is beyond me.
    Even the hardcore Trump supporters seem iffy on this one.

Feels like we're reaching the end game and all Trump has left is start a war and/or fire Mueller. And the ****ed up thing is that it could actually work, I mean he's got away with everything else so far.

13. Post
    Hey China, its tariff time. About time really.

14. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    Hey China, its tariff time. About time really.
    Trade wars are good and easy to win right?

15. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    China has been doing some underhanded stuff on trade for decades. Poor labour laws, pollution, mass dumping, subsidizing product.

16. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    Considering the position the US are in, the policy of avoiding trade wars at any cost, doesn't seem to be working.

17. Post
    I think i am in the twilight zone, i never thought Roseanne Barr would be the voice of reason.

18. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    Considering the position the US are in, the policy of avoiding trade wars at any cost, doesn't seem to be working.
    The customer is always right, plus they have the upper hand.

China is just a a giant low cost seller in a buyers market, they just can't win a trade war.

That doesn't mean that suppliers like us can't get hurt, but at least we're not trying to sell consumer products that people can elect not to buy..

China is under huge threat, they don't really have anything to sell except cheap labour and products we can get from South Korea or Japan.

19. Post

20. Post
    Pretty funny that Trump called Clinton a warmonger and yet here we are, appoints a guy who's probably spoiling for a war more than Trump himself as NSA. Suppose on the plus side of that NK is likely to do less damage than Russia would in a hypothetical war.

Seems pretty accepted that China has been doing dodgy trade stuff (among other things) for years and years so by all means.. but I can't see it helping America at all. Higher costs = higher prices for US companies and consumers.

21. Post
    It's a low bar.
    If he doesn't start a new, or extend an existing war... He's basically doing better at peace, than any US president during my lifetime (and then some).

22. Post
    Last I checked the US was still in Afghanistan with no plans to leave any time soon.

23. Post
    bmt wrote:
    Last I checked the US was still in Afghanistan with no plans to leave any time soon.
    LOL really, do you think he's going to solve the afghan problem in less than a year? You must have high expectations of trump.

24. Post
    Anyone still following the marches and the Parkland students? https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-nra-is-wrong/

These kids are god damn amazing and doing a great job. It's like the one shimmer of hope in a constantly darkening world.

25. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Anyone still following the marches and the Parkland students? https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-nra-is-wrong/

These kids are god damn amazing and doing a great job. It's like the one shimmer of hope in a constantly darkening world.
    It won't change the real life for these students; "Indebtedness for life" - Student loans, Low-paying jobs, Mortgages

At least it is a good distraction, before real-life hits home.