A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 14612

1. Post
    more like @FakeNLive

**** off with your bullshit already you cretin

you've been warned a million times, why you are not banned is beyond me.

2. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    more like @FakeNLive

You're behaving far worse than he is.

3. Post
    Ok mum.

We are way past "good behavior"

4. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    more like @FakeNLive

You need to calm down bro.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Run for the hills, here she comes!

Attachment 227445
    Is Thunderstorm some kind of mad genius?

6. Post
    inflammatory context free image - check
    no sources whatsoever - check
    suits the narrative they want it to - check

yep, sirgrim post detected

7. Post
    JRS wrote:
    You're behaving far worse than he is.
    Honestly reading this is depressing. Grim's been successfully trolling these fertile grounds for years.

We seem to have all agreed that we'll just put up with someone smearing shit on the walls, and whenever someone finally breaks and says "hey, stop smearing shit, **** you" it's that person that gets called out.

8. Post
    frio wrote:
    Honestly reading this is depressing. Grim's been successfully trolling these fertile grounds for years.

We seem to have all agreed that we'll just put up with someone smearing shit on the walls, and whenever someone finally breaks and says "hey, stop smearing shit, **** you" it's that person that gets called out.
    It's one of the oldest tactics in the conservatives playbook.

9. Post
    If you believe someone is a troll / trolling and don't want to give them what they want?
    (X) rise up
    (✓) don't rise up

and

10. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    If you believe someone is a troll / trolling and don't want to give them what they want?
    (X) rise up
    (✓) don't rise up
    That's like saying fake news is fine.

Doesn't matter if it's shouty, destroys the narrative and turns people away from otherwise informative dialogue.

Ignoring them is what you do if you're either lazy or don't have the tools to do anything about it.

It's ****s like grim that are the death of forums like this.

And that suits them, because they aren't interested in debating anything, just spouting their line of bullshit.

11. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    inflammatory context free image - check
    no sources whatsoever - check
    suits the narrative they want it to - check

yep, sirgrim post detected
    Actually found the source, it's known for posting fake rubbish.

12. Post
    CEPP is the debate chamber. OD is for flinging poop at each other like apes.

13. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    That's like saying fake news is fine.

Doesn't matter if it's shouty, destroys the narrative and turns people away from otherwise informative dialogue.

Ignoring them is what you do if you're either lazy or don't have the tools to do anything about it.

It's ****s like grim that are the death of forums like this.

And that suits them, because they aren't interested in debating anything, just spouting their line of bullshit.

In my experience you can't correct trolls themselves in any meaningful way, all you can do is put forward counter information as concisely and emotionally neutral fashion as you can in the hope whatever audience there is will see this shine through.

As to grim being the death of the forum - I doubt it, anyone who has been on the internet for 5 minutes knows how it goes and if they are actually interested in debating online they would have to have enough of a hide for that back n forth in the first place.

14. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    (X) rise up
    (✓) don't rise up

and

I don't mind this attitude on places like Twitter or whatever where content moderation is effectively impossible, and I don't mind this attitude when it's a regular ass person who imbibes in the odd shitpost. This is a small community with effective moderating tools, and a dude who just smears shit around the place.

It's not on me to question god's/the moderating team's ineffable plan, but as a polite suggestion, maybe we can just ban the obvious, outright troll from OD (only) forever -- leaving his access to the other forums where he's *not* a twat -- and be done with it. He's been banned so many times for this exact shit and obviously doesn't care.

15. Post
    there's a much more insidious effect that those particular types of 'troll posts' have on a section of the population where they actually ****ing believe them (as we've all found out in recent times).

it's much worse than trolling, it's purposeful disinformation (whether he does it knowingly or unknowingly is irrelevant). ban

16. Post
    Correcting people on the internet and trying to safe-space those that can't tell reality from fantasy seems like a fool's errand to me but I do sincerely wish you the best of luck with it.

17. Post
    Noone's asking for a safe space, we're asking for a regular ass space without shit being actively smeared on the walls.

18. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    Correcting people on the internet and trying to safe-space those that can't tell reality from fantasy seems like a fool's errand to me but I do sincerely wish you the best of luck with it.
    like frio said, it's not about random people on the Internet, this is a small community. it's not exactly difficult to effect change in a place like this, so why not try and better it?

19. Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys, sometimes It’s nice to have this rather than the silence which often follows our comments to the likes of Grim. I’ll look into an action after I finish cooking dinner for the fam.

20. Post
    He's on his last duration ban following my previous process so if you decide to ban him it's permanent.

21. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback guys, sometimes It’s nice to have this rather than the silence which often follows our comments to the likes of Grim. I’ll look into an action after I finish cooking dinner for the fam.
    Always thought mods didn't like people giving them feedback?

22. Post
    They’re usually pretty receptive if you call them god first

23. Post
    Or Dictator, but w/e

24. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    SirGrim wrote:
    Run for the hills, here she comes!

Attachment 227445
    Is Thunderstorm some kind of mad genius?
    Its not farfetched I posted links the other day about Hillary possibly running again. and people want Grim banned all because he posted this, its so ridiculous
    Last edited by Thunderstorm; 8th October 2019 at 6:30 pm.

25. Post
    I mean Joe Bidden is out, Sanders had a heart attack hes too old so he is out.

So that leaves Warren but I don't think she will have much a chance against Trump.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wall...nominated.html

Hillary is really the Dem's best chance against trump
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...n-2020-matchup