A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 9247

  1. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    The reason I was talking about her is because CODChimera reckons if no one assassinates her then she'll 100% become president.
    yep and I said you're both being played - he's falling for the hype, you're sharing anti-hype social media

  2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Trump is playing Pelosi like a fiddle

    Sheís so stupid, she sent out a tweet 10 mins before Trumps speech to declare that the a Democrats reject his offer
    Without even knowing what his offer is, when he released his speech it instantly contradicted Pelosis claims of why she rejects it

    Agree those lefty politicians are disgusting racists
    so stupid yet you do her bidding by repeating smears against AOC hmmm

  3. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    yep and I said you're both being played - he's falling for the hype, you're sharing anti-hype social media
    played by who exactly? Not the Republicans, they hate her, not the mainstream Dems because she is a threat to them as well. Do you think AOC is conning us? the old 'we have to fight climate change' scam?

  4. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    He said he'll settle for fences in strategic locations (status quo) not his coast to coast 30 foot wall ya mong
    what are you on about? the word "Fences" wasn't even used in his speech.

  5. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    played by who exactly? Not the Republicans, they hate her, not the mainstream Dems because she is a threat to them as well. Do you think AOC is conning us? the old 'we have to fight climate change' scam?
    played by political interests, could even be from a foreign country. have you learned nothing from 2016?

  6. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    what are you on about? the word "Fences" wasn't even used in his speech.
    You're too stupid to talk about this topic. Why are you so confident when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about on any topic?

  7. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    played by political interests, could even be from a foreign country. have you learned nothing from 2016?
    Please elaborate on what country you think AOC is being used by to promote *checks notes* a better future for all

  8. Post
    The simple fact is that there is a MASSIVE lack of competent/good world leaders at the moment and we either start electing them and fixing things or we don't and the standard of living continues to spiral downwards.

  9. Post
    Do you think she is good/competent?

    Everything so far points to her being completely inept.

  10. Post
    I think the "fence" is the steel slat barrier shit from what I can tell; it's not the "wall" Trump promised but now he's calling his wall what was previously called a fence. This whole debate is painfully nondescript.

    On a related topic, here he is https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status...70677900431360 referring to the wall in San Antonio and saying it's worked wonders for them. Of course, it's 150 miles north of the border and there isn't actually a wall there, so...

  11. Post
    Well she's certainly no Ben Shapiro so I can see why you wouldn't be a fan.

  12. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Please elaborate on what country you think AOC is being used by to promote *checks notes* a better future for all
    i've got no idea and i never said it was a country but it's clear as hell that there's some heavy social media manipulation going on. what she is promoting doesn't even matter, not sure why you are bringing that into it.

  13. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Do you think she is good/competent?

    Everything so far points to her being completely inept.
    She's young, she's new, and sorceror's right that her signal is getting massively amplified currently. Part of that is probably plain old leftists who've been utterly devoid of representation in the US for a very long time; sorceror's probably right that polarising third parties outside the US could be involved too, both in promoting and shitting on her.

    I think she's said some dumb things, but here's Hannity's take on her "nutty" platform:



    So, let's see, we've got...

    * public healthcare (NZ has it)
    * a housing guarantee/social housing (NZ has it)
    * a jobs guarantee (effectively the dole, NZ has it)
    * gun control (NZ and most of the world has it)
    * ending private prisons (NZ had it, )
    * immigration reform (not going to touch this one because we're in very different circumstances, but sure, no matter which side you lean on in the US there's reform to be done)
    * solidarity with Puerto Rico (which is a territory of the USA and is suffering; you could draw an equivalency to our relationship with the Pacific Islands)
    * mobilizing against climate change (NZ has started but is still woefully bad)
    * clean campaign finance (... sounds good to me...)
    * higher education for all (NZ had it, , but is introducing new policies in this space)
    * women's rights (too nebulous to touch, but sure)
    * supporting LGBTQIA+ (too nebulous to touch, but sure)
    * supporting seniors (again, too nebulous, but sure)
    * and reducing the likelihood of financial fraud.

    That... all sounds pretty good to me. I'm not denying she's made mistakes, but her broad policy goals are something I'd at least like to see the US tackle. In the meantime, sorceror's right and there's too much bullshit coming from both sides of the aisle to bother paying much attention; it'll be worth checking in in another 10-20 years.

  14. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    i've got no idea
    Oh okay.

    sorceror wrote:
    what she is promoting doesn't even matter, not sure why you are bringing that into it.
    actual lol. wtf?

    frio wrote:
    it'll be worth checking in in another 10-20 years.
    We don't have 10-20 years, especially if it's going to be people like Trump setting us back even further.

  15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    The simple fact is that there is a MASSIVE lack of competent/good world leaders at the moment and we either start electing them and fixing things or we don't and the standard of living continues to spiral downwards.
    Oh please

    Nzherald just put out an article in this yesterday

    3 million people a day are been lifted out of poverty in the world
    The standard of living is going up not down

  16. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Oh okay.



    actual lol. wtf?


    i'm not sure how i can dumb it down further for you dude, sorry.

  17. Post
    The biggest problem in Washington is no term limits
    We should not allow politicians for life - letís set a maximum term of 15 years - letís keep new ideas rolling in instead of the old dirty bags trying to continue the status quo

    New Zealand has the exact same issue

  18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    The biggest problem in Washington is no term limits
    We should not allow politicians for life - let’s set a maximum term of 15 years - let’s keep new ideas rolling in instead of the old dirty bags trying to continue the status quo

    New Zealand has the exact same issue
    Time for old Mitch to get moving then?

  19. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Well she's certainly no Ben Shapiro so I can see why you wouldn't be a fan.
    No you're right. She's not remotely on Shapiro's level. They couldn't be more different.

  20. Post
    frio wrote:
    Time for old Mitch to get moving then?
    Yes and many others

  21. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Oh please

    Nzherald just put out an article in this yesterday

    3 million people a day are been lifted out of poverty in the world
    The standard of living is going up not down
    And yet the average life expectancy in the US is declining, homelessness in the UK is rising, the number of displaced people is the highest it's ever been and many other stats point towards the fact that no things are not getting better. And this is just the beginning of it.

    SirGrim wrote:
    The biggest problem in Washington is no term limits
    We should not allow politicians for life - let’s set a maximum term of 15 years - let’s keep new ideas rolling in instead of the old dirty bags trying to continue the status quo

    New Zealand has the exact same issue
    Agreed, this would be a very very good change.

  22. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    And yet the average life expectancy in the US is declining, homelessness in the UK is rising, the number of displaced people is the highest it's ever been and many other stats point towards the fact that no things are not getting better. And this is just the beginning of it.



    Agreed, this would be a very very good change.
    The official government line for this is that the reason for the decline is the rising drug addiction problems
    Which doesnít mean the standard of living is going down just peoples life choices are worse

  23. Post
    Plus suicides. And also why do you think drug use is increasing?

    Does the government have an official line for the fact the majority live paycheck to paycheck? what about the price of housing?

  24. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Plus suicides. And also why do you think drug use is increasing?

    Does the government have an official line for the fact the majority live paycheck to paycheck? what about the price of housing?
    House is cheap as chips in the US
    Maybe a better way to track it is a measurement that tracks people’s atress levels
    We know stress levels in NZ are going up on the work place each year

  25. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Oh please

    Nzherald just put out an article in this yesterday

    3 million people a day are been lifted out of poverty in the world
    The standard of living is going up not down
    This is a misleading statement, fwiw. The standard of living is going up *globally*. The NZ Herald article doesn't mention the trends in developed countries like the USA or Britain, but it's less true -- I mean, if it weren't, I'd imagine we wouldn't have Trump supporters like yourself lamenting American jobs going overseas?

    CODChimera's right. Unless we get better leaders entering politics in the western world, we're going to see the previous standard of living, and even world order, stagnate. Unless we keep our heads in the sand about climate change and die first, anyway.