A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 9247

1. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    At the risk of imploding another thread... criminals/school shooters/nutcases there don't typically have automatic weapons ( nor have any mass shootings been committed with automatic weapons), see here: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to...Why-or-why-not
    You’ll have to forgive moz and many of us for not distinguishing automatic and semi automatic. There’s probably not much point in bringing up the differences when you’re talking about a guy shooting kids in a primary school. Here’s the gun used in Sandy Hook.
    Name:  465AB4CF-EAE2-4B2A-A52A-9B2FBA1FB920.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  114.5 KB

2. Post
    ^ yeah, soz... I'm not a gun person. I also think the Aurora movie theater shooting was with semi-automatics.

And wasn't there something about bump stocks that make semis more like automatics and they were unregulated in many states?

Anyway I can only speak my opinion from a perspective that grew up with mass shooter drills and knowing people involved in school shootings.

It's a complicated matter and my post was just my frustration with America and its issues with lack of regulations.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

3. Post
    moz wrote:
    And wasn't there something about bump stocks that make semis more like automatics and they were unregulated in many states?
    I think they just recently banned them

4. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    ErAd If you read back in this thread a few day's ago Gar and Gneiss was entertaining the thought in their dreams about Trump resigning, If this actually happened in reality as you can see gneiss suggested I take some medicine but I don't know what type, But the odds are I will never need it anyway, But seen how you obviously need some now I would ask Gneiss what medicine you should start taking.
    https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/take+medicine

back to school

5. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    back to school
    Nah I think they've got another couple of weeks yet don't they?

6. Post
    i'm sure there are some remedial classes you can take during summer, needs all the help he can get there

7. Post
    Another page book marked for Trump 2020

8. Post
    if that's your takeaway i'm 100% serious that you should take adult remedial English classes (at the very least).

9. Post
    Preferably in the US. In a school with an active shooter.

10. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    l like how the main defense for the maga kids is that there was an even worse and more racist group present.
    Did you watch the full video?

Please stop spreading fake news against these kids.

11. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Preferably in the US. In a school with an active shooter.
    $10 on Thunderstorm being the shooter.

SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Did you watch the full video?

Please stop spreading fake news against these kids.
    Don't worry they have God looking after them.

12. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    $10 on Thunderstorm being the shooter.

Don't worry they have God looking after them.
    Its clear from the full video in context that the media lied about them, imagine being them would be a fairly bad situation to be in people trying to dox you etc.

13. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Its clear from the full video in context that the media lied about them, imagine being them would be a fairly bad situation to be in people trying to dox you etc.
    Lol if you think that video excuses their behaviour. The relevant part starts around 1:11, for people tagging along at home; the context is that there's some black Israelites (??) who are there protesting to begin with. Over the course of the first hour, the kids form up, the Israelites shout at them; the kids respond with increasing mocking and hostility, doing what looks like a haka (?!) and chanting at the Israelites.

Then the Indigenous guy from a completely unrelated march walks up to go up the steps and the hostility spills over.

Sorry dude, but the kids here are arrogant, rotten trash. Hopefully in a few years they'll grow, they'll learn and they'll regret this; I pity them the fact that in the modern era their bullshit has been preserved for eternity. As it stands though their actions genuinely aren't defensible.

14. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Good, they clearly are little pricks and hopefully this teaches them a lesson. Religious school btw.

15. Post
    frio wrote:
    This is a misleading statement, fwiw. The standard of living is going up *globally*. The NZ Herald article doesn't mention the trends in developed countries like the USA or Britain, but it's less true -- I mean, if it weren't, I'd imagine we wouldn't have Trump supporters like yourself lamenting American jobs going overseas?

CODChimera's right. Unless we get better leaders entering politics in the western world, we're going to see the previous standard of living, and even world order, stagnate.
    A lot of that stagnation or decline is beyond government though. This is the global market and capitalism. The average person doesn't necessarily get to continuosly improve their lot.

16. Post
    frio wrote:
    Sorry dude, but the kids here are arrogant, rotten trash. Hopefully in a few years they'll grow, they'll learn and they'll regret this; I pity them the fact that in the modern era their bullshit has been preserved for eternity.
    CODChimera wrote:
    Good, they clearly are little pricks and hopefully this teaches them a lesson. Religious school btw.

Personally I don't think trying to shame these folks is going to have a "positive" effect on changing their views.

17. Post
    bradc wrote:
    A lot of that stagnation or decline is beyond government though. This is the global market and capitalism. The average person doesn't necessarily get to continuosly improve their lot.
    True free market capitalism is effectively anarchy; we don't have that (apart from maybe Somalia I guess?). We mostly have a form of capitalism that is regulated by global governments, because the alternative is pretty frightening. If our governments collectively abdicate responsibility, then we're going to lapse back into a system where wealth accumulates at the top, those at the top pass that wealth on generationally, and those at the bottom get nothing but a boot in their face until they decide enough is enough and embark on a violent uprising.

If the governments aren't working to prevent stagnation or decline, then they're not doing their job. If the leaders of those governments aren't working to actively improve the lot of their citizens, then why even bother with democracy? Not many of us are voting to make our lives worse, I presume .

18. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    Personally I don't think trying to shame these folks is going to have a "positive" effect on changing their views.
    Neither do I; that's why I said I hope they'll learn; it's pretty fair to say a side effect of learning will be regretting their actions .

19. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I will leave you with a quote from reddit
    For context I deeply oppose trump and think he is a swine but regardless of your political leanings I am committed to the truth and I think it's important people see this. This is gonna be controversial for knee jerk reaction reddit but hear me out.

So here’s the almost 2 hour video out that shows the entire thing from start to end. On t_d this video has been edited into clips to make it look like the natives are at fault which I also think is a distortion.

Bottom line though? The popular narrative of what occurred in this confrontation is inaccurate

I encourage you to watch as much of the video as you can to see what goes on from a first hand source but I understand its long. If you watch the video you will see the following:

A group of 5 “black Israelites” (referred to as “black Muslims” by the mom’s statement but I see how she made this mistake I certainly thought they were Muslim at first too) is there well before the natives and they are spouting absolute hatred. These aren’t typical Christians/Jews/Muslims. They are the equivalent of the crazy hate preacher on your college campus. They sit there yelling about homosexuality and the white devil etc etc. They call the two black teenagers the n-word, they call the white ones crackers, and they repeatedly use the term “******s”....to which the crowd of boys boo’s them emphatically. They also defend their black classmates who the hate preachers call the n word.

The natives then approach (edit: timestamp added. feel free to send me more and ill add them but i dont have more time this morning to go through the entire thing again) timestamp here. The group of black Israelites eggs on the confrontation.They don’t appear to be associated with the hate preachers. The native drummer approaches the kids and they end up face to face. As far as I can tell it doesn't look like anyone is blocking anyone when the native drummer approaches there is a lot of space. He stops and faces the group when the videographer (member of the black Israelite group) says "LOOK AT THE MAGA HATS!" in a seeming attempt to pit the two against each other. It's not until he stops and faces the group that they form around him. The kids break out in a “Indian tomahawk chant” the same one the Florida state football team uses. At first it actually looks like they're "joining in" with the drummer but then it seems to morph into jeering the drummer by the end - perhaps as it dawns on them that this is more of a "confrontation" than just a display of drumming. Then the infamous stare down happens. Then the two groups trade jeers for a few minutes before, it seems, the natives sort of realize the actual baffoons in the room are the “black Israelites” aka the hate preachers.

The natives disperse without further conflict. The hate preachers stick around and yell really vitriolic things at the kids.

This whole confrontation is definitely very different from what the headline and now infamous picture would have you believe. If you go off those you’d think the teens approached and surrounded the natives and then harassed them. Simply not the case.

What is most disturbing about this to me is that this really does seem like the media and social media are running with a narrative that at worst is a purposeful distortion of the facts in an attempt to get “dem clicks” and at best a poor representation of the facts spread like wildfire as journalists attempt to get their story out quickly without fact checking and readers re-tweet and parrot talking points from headlines alone.

This is very very bad. Why? Because every time a MAGA hat wearing conspiracy theorist sees the whole video and reasonably comes to the same conclusion I did and compare that to the headlines and highly voted reddit comments it reinforces their notion that everything anti-trump is “fake news”. Then when a reputable journalist reports on how trump committed such and such crime its a boy who cried wolf situation.

In conclusion I will leave you with this quote by Jonathan Swift "Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it". Please --- remember to think for yourselves and not just see a headline, upvote it because it emotionally reaches you, and spread false information.

20. Post
    If you haven’t figured out who the black Israelites are I’d suggest you’re the one who hasn’t watched it yet .

21. Post
    Wow, that was a massive edit.

22. Post
    frio wrote:
    If you haven’t figured out who the black Israelites are I’d suggest you’re the one who hasn’t watched it yet .
    I do know who they are do you?

- - - Updated - - -

gneiss wrote:
    Wow, that was a massive edit.
    It was not meant to be I ****ed up cause I double posted

23. Post
    You started your post with “who are the black Israelites?” before your edit, which is why I said that.

24. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    I do know who they are do you?

- - - Updated - - -

It was not meant to be I ****ed up cause I double posted
    Lol, no worries. Frio’s comment was based on your deleted post which you could take as you not really knowing who they were. It was worded in a way that was ambiguous.

25. Post
    frio wrote:
    Neither do I; that's why I said I hope they'll learn; it's pretty fair to say a side effect of learning will be regretting their actions .
    If they are to change their minds - it would have to be on their own terms or from people engaging with them without malice - can't see how it would happen otherwise, I think you can guess how likely that is in the current climate.