A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 8378

1. Post
    Trump’s tax cuts working as intended (i.e. not for the normal people, but for billionaires).

The average tax refund this year is down 8.4%, according to data from the IRS.

Ezra Klein says a rule on tax withholding that was rewritten under President Trump's tax cut law is to blame.
    Meanwhile over at Amazon...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6E30A99-F386-4FA2-AECC-462DF8002EBB.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	225141

2. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    This one is an issue because there is no emergency at the southern border. Did you watch the Q&A afterwards? several questions/answers revealed as much.
    but a lot of the previous National Emergencies on the list I posted done by other presidents is also questionable. a lot of them aren't National Emergencies instead they International Emergencies.

frio wrote:
    It’s not that there has to be any agreement on political balance; it’s that this thread is toxic as and maybe we’d be better off trying again. I have no idea if Grim is actually the piece of shit irl he presents himself as here; it’s been obvious for 50 odd pages he’s not interested in an actual discussion. All he does is post low rent, low effort inflammatory bullshit directly copied from t_d and voat in the hopes someone will take the bait and he’ll get a giggle. I might find Weenie, Vulcan, sl1cksta, sika et all varying degrees of wrong and disagreeable, but at least you get the impression with them there’s a light on (sometimes ).

Anyway, all of this is to say: **** you Grim. You’re an uninteresting, uninventive nuisance who brings nothing of value.
    Its as if you just want a thread where only the trump haters can post in it, that way you wouldn't be held accountable for anything. I don't know why you think hes a troll, I find his memes to be comical. why is it that trump haters can post memes and not grim? Its not really about grim in here instead its more about trump haters vs trump supporters.

ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Finally managed to finish up Trumps speech on the national emergency.... it's remarkable how unintelligent he comes across.... "I use many stats, better stats than you!!" wtf was that all about?
    This was when trump was answering Jim Acosta Ironically you have just proved CNN wrong when CNN said that trump didn't answer Jim Acosta. I don't know why Trump still lets Jim Acosta ask questions tbh.

Anyway trump was saying in response to Jim Acosta's question that he uses more sources than him to get stats, why would that be so hard to understand?

ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    also can't wait for the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'ing from Thunderstorm, other Trumpers & Trump himself when Trumps "I didn't need to do this" comment comes back to bite him in the ass in court over the national emergency, what an absolute moron
    you need to come out of your anti trump syndrome mindset and think outside of the square box. Trump said quote
    "I didn't need to do this but I would rather do it much faster" So why would he rather do it much faster ? Don't you think it maybe because of all the illegal activities on the border that it would be better to do it faster ? I can't see how this will bite him in the ass in court. That said I also think trump should of elaborated more when he made that comment but nobody's perfect.

gneiss wrote:
    David French, conservative writer, lays out the legal reasons that Trump’s declaration will probably lose in court.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...le-of-law/amp/
    lol who cares I'm expecting to see more news articles like this giving false hope to the trump haters.

3. Post
    That trend looks like it began under Obama judging by approximate timeline.

4. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Yeah sure did. Was more a comment on the gen. pub. paying more and more while the biggest corporates pay less and make more money. It’s crazy.

5. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    lol who cares I'm expecting to see more news articles like this giving false hope to the trump haters.
    If you’re writing off conservative writers like French, then you’re no longer worth talking to as you’re clearly past doing any thinking or reading/research. Seeya

6. Post
    Meanwhile, a new conservative (hero?) rises to try and grab what’s remaining of the old GOP and those in the centre.

Name:	DF88C867-1B0F-4152-8C9A-B59950813B36.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	225142

7. Post
    bradc wrote:
    What's my group though?
    Mutton wrote:
    “You people”
    Lol still trolling. The super Anti Trump crowed you are one of them.

8. Post
    Please explain how he got the nobel peace prize again?

https://imgur.com/a/jdwYFv5

Name:	0j7s96ilzzg21.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	225143

9. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Meanwhile, a new conservative (hero?) rises to try and grab what’s remaining of the old GOP and those in the centre.

Name:	DF88C867-1B0F-4152-8C9A-B59950813B36.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	225142
    If there even are any, the debates with Trump are going to be something else.

10. Post
    For clarity, here are the reasons (using the laws that define their use) for the other emergency actions. The only other military one was George Bush right after the 9/11 attacks.

Name:	4D89AED9-4312-46EE-9AEB-FCCD2DA7ACAE.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	225144

11. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    you need to come out of your anti trump syndrome mindset and think outside of the square box. Trump said quote
    "I didn't need to do this but I would rather do it much faster" So why would he rather do it much faster ? Don't you think it maybe because of all the illegal activities on the border that it would be better to do it faster ? I can't see how this will bite him in the ass in court. That said I also think trump should of elaborated more when he made that comment but nobody's perfect.
    I always find it odd how you constantly come across as having a minimum of education yet always seem to know more than legal experts when it comes to this stuff... weird.

12. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    I always find it odd how you constantly come across as having a minimum of education yet always seem to know more than legal experts when it comes to this stuff... weird.
    its no different from any other extremist trump supporter ive found in my experience

13. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    If you’re writing off conservative writers like French, then you’re no longer worth talking to as you’re clearly past doing any thinking or reading/research. Seeya
    ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ..

14. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    and what has this belief of yours got to do with your misguided interpretation of trumps speech?

15. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    and what has this belief of yours got to do with your misguided interpretation of trumps speech?
    you're such a god damned idiot.... if there's a national emergency why didn't he go down this path from the beginning? Furthermore, why would he address a national emergency of this sort with the slowest possible solution to that emergency.

Also, it's demonstrably untrue that there's a national emergency, and feel free to cite me the stats that state otherwise (Trumps statements don't count as stats btw)

16. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Well he also motivated America's racists to jump on the Trump bandwagon.

They're Trump's base, no doubt.

You could argue that Obama's responsible for the widening divisions in the US, but that would confuse cause with effect.

17. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    you're such a god damned idiot.... if there's a national emergency why didn't he go down this path from the beginning? Furthermore, why would he address a national emergency of this sort with the slowest possible solution to that emergency.

Also, it's demonstrably untrue that there's a national emergency, and feel free to cite me the stats that state otherwise (Trumps statements don't count as stats btw)
    Why don’t they just do binding referendums in the USA
    Let the people decide (let the citizens decide)
    We do know the general public favours his immigration stance

18. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Well he also motivated America's racists to jump on the Trump bandwagon.

They're Trump's base, no doubt.

You could argue that Obama's responsible for the widening divisions in the US, but that would confuse cause with effect.
    Yeah black lives matter, you know they protested cops racism by destroying there own neighborhoods. Hands up don't shoot.........Lies!

19. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    Yeah black lives matter, you know they protested cops racism by destroying there own neighborhoods. Hands up don't shoot.........Lies!
    yeah man all black people did that bunch of THUGS

20. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    yeah man all black people did that bunch of THUGS
    Bro that's abit racist

21. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Bro that's abit racist
    It was clearly sarcasm.

22. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Bro that's abit racist
    Weird how you didn't call out the actual racist post from griefmaker.

23. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    you're such a god damned idiot.... if there's a national emergency why didn't he go down this path from the beginning? )
    Nah it would of looked bad if he didn't try to negotiate with congress to get the funds first before declaring national emergency.

ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    why would he address a national emergency of this sort with the slowest possible solution to that emergency.
    what other solution does he have to get the wall funds?

ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Its not demonstrably untrue that there's a national emergency, that's debatable, I don't have access to all the stats, but Its not only Trumps statements that I take into account, because I respect the opinions of border guards and border chiefs who are on the ground that also support this move.

And this still doesn't excuse your misguided interpretation of trumps speech.

24. Post
    How about the republican mayor of El Paso who said that the wall wasn't needed and that there wasn't an emergency all the while Trump was there saying otherwise?

Anyway, you can't just rely on the statements of a few people when there is hard stats from departments like ICE and DEA which contradict Trumps national emergency.

as for your previous dumb comments.. if there was a national emergency as he claims, then the first action should be declaring a national emergency not ****ing around until all his options are exhausted.

But none of this matters, you're a dumbass and can't actually understand anything based in reality so you do you

25. Post
    PtP wrote:
    Weird how you didn't call out the actual racist post from griefmaker.
    Being against blacklives matter = racist? I didn't realize