A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 8389

  1. Post
    Just ask China how their Great Wall worked out...

  2. Post
    Depends... every empire ends in total failure at some point... Trump is just expediting the failure of the US empire right now and leaving doors open to be filled in by BRICS nations and more specifically China, India and Russia. Yes the pun was intentional.

  3. Post
    I waited too long to come back and catch up so this is pretty haphazard.

    JC wrote:
    I'm just burned out on Trumpito and his whole awful deal, catch me in 10 years reading the book about it
    I'm still into it, I'm much more up to date with American politics than NZ. Maybe if he shuts up it will start getting boring.


    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    What reputable news source do you recommend? MSNBC is the shit imo.
    MSNBC and CNN each post about 20mins of clips per day each on YouTube and they're usually pretty good. Just because a certain host happens to think Trump is a terrible human being, doesn't make their fact checking any less valid. Some opinion hosts are more dramatic than others but none of them are liars.


    WhangaDan wrote:
    I wanna see the kiwi fight the eagle.
    wtf, I don't. A full grown kiwi can give a cat an ass kicking but it wouldn't stand much chance against a bald eagle.


    Thunderstorm wrote:
    You obviously have no idea about trade deals or how they work.
    lol
    Go on then, explain how a trade deal is going to pay for a border wall. It's like saying if an Auckland dairy has a good year that the government can use that money to resurface a highway into Invercargill.


    gneiss wrote:
    The dehumanization of a minority group is a classic way of legitimizing the mistreatment of that group. It happened in Nazi Germany (with Jews described as "vermin") and in Rwanda (with Tutsi as "cockroaches"). This kind of language always leads to violence and, eventually, death.
    I had a go at people on the local community Facebook page the other day for referring to some local vandalising kids as "scum" for the same reason. It's not healthy language. The whole top floor of the Manchester branch of the Imperial War Museum is dedicated to this and the "stages of genocide". Calling other people "vermin" and "cockroaches" and "scum" is one of the stages.


    Zarkov wrote:
    Having lots of lawyers is a good thing?

    Not in the real World.
    He's not paying for them. It's got to be better than relying on Giuliani.


    Roumelio wrote:
    Thanks anyway, I don't have the time right now
    For ****'s sake. Just admit you were wrong.
    I'm a loudmouth as well but at least I'm willing to walk back things I say that turn out to be patently false.


    lumpy custard wrote:
    But a decent wall is highly effective at improving the effectiveness of border control. After it's built, it essentially just sits there saving the country increasingly vast sums over time. It's an investment.
    I need this explained to me as well. How is it either effective or saving money? We know the vast majority of undocumented immigrants are overstayers that arrived on legit visas and we know that these same people prop up the American economy by doing the cheap shitty jobs that natives don't want to do like cleaning dishes in restaurants and picking fruit on farms.

    There's nothing wrong with border security but there are a million less retarded ways to do it that are relevant to the 21st century.

    To keep on topic, answer these two specific questions:
    1) How is it effective?
    2) How does it save money?


    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Just ask China how their Great Wall worked out...
    It was to monitor the silk road, keep the Mongols out and provide a connected series of early warning outposts wasn't it? I don't know much about Chinese history but I'm sure it was a more appropriate measure then than now.

  4. Post
    I already did... but unfortunately I'm just one of those people who you will never see the good in who you always want to stir shit about and no amount of apologizing will ever set your compass right again because you want to be a judgmental c*nt. In actuality while you continue this behavior I've modified a lot of things I do on here...

    But if you just want to see negative shit in your life thats always what you will see... I pity you... I once actually felt a bit sorry for you and tried to take you under my wing a bit before you became a mod and defended you several times... Its what I do because in actuality and you will see a recurring theme in this and other threads that I don't like people who take advantage of the weak (in any sense) whether that's SirDim, Foulcan or anyone else including you. Or minority groups for that matter. But you've let all this power to go to your head and now you're just as bad as the rest of them most of the time.

  5. Post
    lol

  6. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    I already did... but unfortunately I'm just one of those people who you will never see the good in who you always want to stir shit about and no amount of apologizing will ever set your compass right again because you want to be a judgmental c*nt. In actuality while you continue this behavior I've modified a lot of things I do on here...

    But if you just want to see negative shit in your life thats always what you will see... I pity you... I once actually felt a bit sorry for you and tried to take you under my wing a bit before you became a mod and defended you several times... Its what I do because in actuality and you will see a recurring theme in this and other threads that I don't like people who take advantage of the weak (in any sense) whether that's SirDim, Foulcan or anyone else including you. Or minority groups for that matter. But you've let all this power to go to your head and now you're just as bad as the rest of them most of the time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	486.2 KB 
ID:	224609

  7. Post
    I'm sorry I don't speak in a monosyllabic sense to meet your needs. Deal with it. There's too much shit going on in my head and while I once knew a lot of shit about a lot of shit I practically now know a little bit about a lot of shit and have Swiss cheese for brains due to the long term cognitive impacts of depression. They're real alright. Sometimes I can't go from one sentence to another without losing my train of thought. Sometimes I can't go from one room to the other without misplacing something important in my life.

  8. Post
    I deal with it by not reading your posts properly

  9. Post
    its more you constantly write walls of text

  10. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I don't know much about Chinese history but I'm sure it was a more appropriate measure then than now.
    Indeed and the point I was making, was that it was a mighty wall and still failed to keep their enemies out:
    Although a useful deterrent against raids, at several points throughout its history the Great Wall failed to stop enemies, including in 1644 when the Manchu Qing marched through the gates of Shanhai Pass and replaced the most ardent of the wall-building dynasties, the Ming, as rulers of China.
    Trumps core 'build the wall' base (racist white Americans) are really just worried about this:
    The latest census data projects that the nation will become “minority white” in 2045. During that year, whites will comprise 49.7 percent of the population in contrast to 24.6 percent for Hispanics, 13.1 percent for blacks, 7.9 percent for Asians, and 3.8 percent for multiracial populations

  11. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I loved it when Fox went after Obama for wearing a tan suit. TAN I TELL YOU.
    It doesn't match his skin colour imo. Legit fashion crime.


    SirGrim wrote:
    It's actually pretty hilarious how much individual power the President has - I didn't know he could use this tool to get his wall. I did know he could send the marines anywhere and withdraw troops at anytime
    America is politically geared for quick military action, the President can do a lot unilaterally. Theoretically congress is supposed to be the only body that can declare war but that doesn't seem to happen very often, there's always some kind of dodge that can be made by the President to avoid that seemingly important step.
    They're all guilty of it, including Obama.


    Roumelio wrote:
    The US constitution is a work of art when you read it properly.
    Is it though? I know the correct talking point of a patriotic American is that their system is the best in the world but it never seems to work out that way. That they can deadlock on some nonsense and have the government shut down so easily it's ridiculous. The political way they appoint judges is ridiculous also. The electoral college and the way the congressional districts are gerrymandered is pretty bizarre.

    Maybe we're just a different kind of people but our political and judicial system seems a lot better designed than theirs to me. If our government couldn't pass a budget for 3 weeks we'd be straight into a general election and the party that caused it would get punished.


    Caffeine wrote:
    The derangement on display in those YouTube comments is alarming! Most don't address the content at all and trot out the usual catch phrases. Some even claim he's the second coming of Christ!
    YouTube comments are scary. I suspect a lot of the really demented ones are from children but there's no way of telling.


    gneiss wrote:
    L2Jew. They don’t believe Jesus was the messiah.
    They don't? What do they believe then, I have nfi.


    Roumelio wrote:
    you've shifted the goal posts to suit your agenda and are wide of the mark...
    ..
    Give up now please..
    ..
    You're really wasting my time trying to look smart when you're not which to be honest is all kinds of ridiculous behavior worthy of being smacked over the head for shit stirring by a moderator on any other forum I'm on. I made a valid comment and you've come here to be nothing other than an annoyance.
    You act like a real twat for someone who's being completely schooled on something you clearly don't know shit about.


    Mutton wrote:
    Who waits more than 8 hours to give a detained kid some food or water? especially one in a desert region. Extreme negligence of the most basic requirements for a kid in a desparate situation. Disgusting indeed.
    gneiss wrote:
    First paragraph from the Reuter’s article. So even if they were all medically trained, and there were 160 officers, they wouldn’t have done anything differently I would guess.

    Seems a bit weird to me. Would like to see a coroner’s report.
    SirGrim wrote:
    I don’t see how been under arrest or detained for been illegal can be consider as “care”
    It’s not a hospital or a charity
    If the cops lock you up in NZ and you die from dehydration, it's on them regardless of how much water you'd had before you ended up there. Even if they arrest someone who is ****ed up on drugs, it's up to them (the cops) to quickly call a doctor if they start dying. Someone in custody is completely at the mercy of the people and the organisation holding them and they have to be looked after. It applies 10-fold to kids.

    There are a million reasons someone could be in bad shape when they are locked up and all officers with the power of arrest are trained to keep an eye on someone who's life is essentially in their hands and call an ambulance or take them to hospital if it's beyond their basic first-aid ability. Clearly the American border agents are overwhelmed having to look after this many people but if the NZ Police took a family with a young child into a lockup and the kid died, the supervisors would be lucky to stay out of jail themselves.


    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    They need to fire whoever's in charge of their public image. That was ugly.


    CODChimera wrote:
    This on the other hand I thought was very impressive.

    I like all 3 of them in one way or another but Bernie is much more compelling when he gets going in this kind of situation.


    SirGrim wrote:
    There is a long history here of Mod power abuse, it's nothing new
    I'll just make a new account and if required use VPN
    Freedom of speech can't be blocked
    You have as much freedom of speech here as I do standing on your lawn, you should be grateful how much of your bollocks we put up with.
    Start your own website if you don't like it.

  12. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    I already did... but unfortunately I'm just one of those people who you will never see the good in who you always want to stir shit about and no amount of apologizing will ever set your compass right again because you want to be a judgmental c*nt. In actuality while you continue this behavior I've modified a lot of things I do on here...

    But if you just want to see negative shit in your life thats always what you will see... I pity you... I once actually felt a bit sorry for you and tried to take you under my wing a bit before you became a mod and defended you several times... Its what I do because in actuality and you will see a recurring theme in this and other threads that I don't like people who take advantage of the weak (in any sense) whether that's SirDim, Foulcan or anyone else including you. Or minority groups for that matter. But you've let all this power to go to your head and now you're just as bad as the rest of them most of the time.
    Roumelio wrote:
    I'm sorry I don't speak in a monosyllabic sense to meet your needs. Deal with it. There's too much shit going on in my head and while I once knew a lot of shit about a lot of shit I practically now know a little bit about a lot of shit and have Swiss cheese for brains due to the long term cognitive impacts of depression. They're real alright. Sometimes I can't go from one sentence to another without losing my train of thought. Sometimes I can't go from one room to the other without misplacing something important in my life.
    Jesus Christ, go to bed.


    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    in 1644 when the Manchu Qing marched through the gates of Shanhai Pass and replaced the most ardent of the wall-building dynasties, the Ming, as rulers of China.
    The Mingers?

    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Indeed and the point I was making, was that it was a mighty wall and still failed to keep their enemies out
    For sure. It wasn't just a wall though right, it was an array of Army outposts and a way to funnel the traders so they could tax them properly.

    They didn't have helicopters in those days.

  13. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    I'm sorry I don't speak in a monosyllabic sense to meet your needs. Deal with it. There's too much shit going on in my head and while I once knew a lot of shit about a lot of shit I practically now know a little bit about a lot of shit and have Swiss cheese for brains due to the long term cognitive impacts of depression. They're real alright. Sometimes I can't go from one sentence to another without losing my train of thought. Sometimes I can't go from one room to the other without misplacing something important in my life.
    I think your real problem is you put too much importance on thinking. More thinking and more words aren't necessarily going to make you more right. If you're wrong from the get go it actually puts you further from reality.

  14. Post
    lumpy custard wrote:
    By contrast, it is not your prerogative to compel others to avoid accurate, amoral language simply because you don't like it.
    I can't compel you to say anything, I'm just putting you on notice that it's inflammatory, dehumanising rhetoric that reveals a lot about the person using it. And news organisations are moving to eliminate it from their reporting, according to your own source of which you are a long-time reader as you hastened to tell me.

    If it's so necessary to protect US borders, why not build a wall on the northern border also? It's more than twice as long but the safety of US citizens is paramount right? Presumably it's something to do with not as many brown people living up there but that's just a guess

  15. Post
    Trump today and earlier this week
    “When I said Mexico would pay for the wall in front of thousands and thousands of people ... obviously I never meant Mexico would write a check.”
    But this article from April 2016 is taken straight from a memo he sent to the Washington Post.
    The key to the wall’s financing, Trump wrote in a two-page memo to the Washington Post, is threatening to halt money transfers from Mexican immigrants in the US to family back home.
    “It’s an easy decision for Mexico,” Trump wrote in the memo, written on campaign stationary emblazoned with his “Make America Great Again!” motto. “Make a one-time payment of $5-$10bn to ensure that $24bn continues to flow into their country year after year.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...an-remittances

  16. Post
    Well this goes back to my question a few pages back, what happened to this policy? It was right there on Trump's campaign website prior to the election but he and the press don't talk about it anymore.

  17. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Well this goes back to my question a few pages back, what happened to this policy? It was right there on Trump's campaign website prior to the election but he and the press don't talk about it anymore.
    It’s been take down, so it never existed *waves hands in Jedi mind trick style.

  18. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    MSNBC and CNN each post about 20mins of clips per day each on YouTube and they're usually pretty good. Just because a certain host happens to think Trump is a terrible human being, doesn't make their fact checking any less valid. Some opinion hosts are more dramatic than others but none of them are liars.
    I think you misread my post?

  19. Post
    Michael Cohen has agreed to testify *publicly* before the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Feb 7. Could be some good viewing.

  20. Post

  21. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    wtf, I don't. A full grown kiwi can give a cat an ass kicking but it wouldn't stand much chance against a bald eagle.
    Yeah, that's why I want to see it. Why is a useless bird our national mascott? They're not cute, they're not cuddly (horrible feeling feathers), they can't fly and only come out at night so fat chance of seeing one.

    The Tuatara should be our national mascott. It's a dinosaur. They look cool, pointy bony back bits n all. They eat weta which is a good thing because weta are gross. Did I mention it's a dinosaur?

    PS a full grown kiwi might put up a good fight against a stray cat in poor condition but not against a healthy domestic cat, they get f**ked up.

  22. Post
    There’s a Trump vid or Trump tweet going against almost anything that he says now he is president. It’s a goldmine.

  23. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:

    MSNBC and CNN each post about 20mins of clips per day each on YouTube and they're usually pretty good. Just because a certain host happens to think Trump is a terrible human being, doesn't make their fact checking any less valid. Some opinion hosts are more dramatic than others but none of them are liars.
    ****ing lol

    All of these big networks have massive bias and narratives they push. They're the same as Fox except on the left instead of the right. If they tell you what you want to hear though, then I guess you're going to gravitate towards them.

    I'm not having a go at you, because we probably all do it to a degree. Watch the news sources that are on 'our side' and the same with YouTube channels etc. Suggesting that those networks you mentioned have all the facts and never lie is simply false.

  24. Post
    On the left, Russian state tv, on the right, US state tv. The still they captured of Laura Ingraham’s face is priceless.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B29B0EC-553F-41AF-87F7-E1C9C4E02A32.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	545.6 KB 
ID:	224610

  25. Post
    why doesn't she climb around the fence