1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    They've also munted the rivals system, you can't set a lap on a track of your choosing in a car of your choosing, and locked cars behind 'levelling' your car collection, meaning you have to buy a bunch of cars you don't want before you can buy the more exotic ones

3. Post
    Even then when you "leven up" with cars to your collection, there are cars that are permanantly locked unless you buy loot crates\ use the auction house\special dealer\complete the drivers cup

The single player bores me to sleepy tears so I dont see myself completing the drivers cup, but the game plays really well, the cars drive awesome, and multiplayer online is fun with friends and friends only

4. Post
    so worse than FM6?

5. Post
    HibikiAmawa wrote:
    so worse than FM6?
    its difficult to find a solid racing game in 2017

i anticipate GT:Sport may get an even lower review score

6. Post
    I bought Project Cars 2 instead of this, no ragrets. It's actually enjoyable with a controller this time

7. Post
    Have to concur with this review whole heatedly. I skipped 6 because I thought it would be a juiced up version of 5 which it nearly is but 7 is far out there from where it all began. Loot crates and pretty much a linear path of progress, load times and the bonus' that were available for no assists missing have not helped me lift my opinion of F7

8. Post
    So bottom line is there are zero micro-transactions in FORZA 7 but you felt the need to point out loot crates even though they come for free.OK then.

9. Post
    neddycgoon wrote:
    So bottom line is there are zero micro-transactions in FORZA 7 but you felt the need to point out loot crates even though they come for free.OK then.
    I think the point is that the publisher seems to be poised to enable these at a later date.

10. Post
    neddycgoon wrote:
    "Once we confirm that the game economy is balanced and fun for our players out in the wild, we plan to offer Tokens [a real-money currency that works like CR] as a matter of player choice. Some players appreciate using Tokens as a way of gaining immediate access to content that may take many hours to acquire in the normal course of play. There will also be an option within the in-game menu to turn off Tokens entirely."

Speaking more pessimistically, it's probably more along the lines of "We want to wait until the launch hype has died down so not as many people will notice. Except those who will give us money, of course."

Bottom line is there will be micro-transactions (just like 5 & 6), and this loot crate system would likely not exist had there not been plans from the beginning to support them with such micro-transactions.

11. Post
    Forza has been going backwards since FM4, quite frankly. Or perhaps even FM3. The handling never really got "better" since those games, just twitchier and more unmanageable. Just making the cars more unruly is not a good substitute for fun, or even realism.

12. Post
    Forza 2 with the force-feedback wheel was stunning, I agree it feels like they've been going backwards regarding the simulation engine since then

13. Post
    3dfx_ownd_joo wrote:
    Forza 2 with the force-feedback wheel was stunning, I agree it feels like they've been going backwards regarding the simulation engine since then
    Forza 2 was good. Long enough ago that I can't remember exactly how it played, but I don't recall having with the earlier games the same gripes that I have with the modern ones, mainly where car handling and tyre grip/behaviour is concerned.

14. Post
    There is something about my PC that the game doesn't like.
    It's crashes quite regularly.
    Got to 21/23 laps of an Endurance race on Sat night and it crashed on me