Results 1 to 24 of 24

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Lol.

    Legal action against hackers gives me a justice boner.

  3. Post
    #3
    AgrAde wrote:
    Lol.

    Legal action against hackers gives me a justice boner.
    Lol justice boner

  4. Post
    #4
    lol

  5. Post
    #5
    Nice one Epic! +1!

    Also it's not hacking, it's cheating.

  6. Post
    #6
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    Nice one Epic! +1!

    Also it's not hacking, it's cheating.
    Wot?

    "Hacking" is not even hacking, it's a media buzz-word for what is actually called cracking. Actual hackers build stuff and tend to be involved in positive ventures.

    Even your semantics are invalid!

  7. Post
    #7
    **** cheaters, but this could be quite the can of worms wouldn't it? Could it set a precedence for modding and In memory patching "trainers" for single player games

  8. Post
    #8
    Feliz wrote:
    **** cheaters, but this could be quite the can of worms wouldn't it? Could it set a precedence for modding and In memory patching "trainers" for single player games
    Not really because in single player only games you are only affecting your own experience, but as soon as a multiplayer aspect is included cheating can affect everyone.

  9. Post
    #9
    Hope they can win it, imagine the threat to cheat websites if they know they can get smashed for publicly releasing their work? Might be harder to enforce on international groups, I know in PUBG's case many of the cheat creators are based in China.

  10. Post
    #10
    and that is a breach of both the game's End User Licence Agreement and the Copyright Act
    lol, Epic better take on Oracle, Microsoft and the EFF while they are at it as reverse engineering without seeing the original code has been proven to be legal in court

  11. Post
    #11
    please dont sue me

  12. Post
    #12
    Analgia wrote:
    lol, Epic better take on Oracle, Microsoft and the EFF while they are at it as reverse engineering without seeing the original code has been proven to be legal in court
    Actually, depending on the court they will most likely win it. A precedent has been set back in like 2006-2008, where world of Warcraft and blizzard sued the guys making the WoWGlider app that played for you while offline. It was a milestone case that was made against cheaters and hackers using automation for aim toting AND reverse engineering. Iím sure they know this which is why they put it in their EULA as most devs do now.

  13. Post
    #13
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    please dont sue me
    owned

  14. Post
    #14
    Their strategy is pretty sound. I know a few people running p2c websites for various games, none of them will touch anything EPIC makes as they are law suit happy.

  15. Post
    #15
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Their strategy is pretty sound. I know a few people running p2c websites for various games, none of them will touch anything EPIC makes as they are law suit happy.
    I'm glad one of these are companies are, cheating is just shit

  16. Post
    #16
    The issue is the large majority of p2c (pay2cheat) websites are owned by people in russia/germany so its an uphill battle. Reverse engineering games and creating stuff is definitely fun but yeah selling them is kinda next level lol.

  17. Post
    #17
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    The issue is the large majority of p2c (pay2cheat) websites are owned by people in russia/germany so its an uphill battle. Reverse engineering games and creating stuff is definitely fun but yeah selling them is kinda next level lol.
    the owners actual locations matters little, you get around it by registering the company in a country that doesn't comply well with the usa

  18. Post
    #18
    SirGrim wrote:
    the owners actual locations matters little, you get around it by registering the company in a country that doesn't comply well with the usa
    Umm yes it does.. Even if the company is registered offshore they certainly could go after the individuals if they are operating within the US or a country with a particularly friendly legal system.

  19. Post
    #19
    question, how much can they get sued for or made to pay ? is the pvp battle royale a f2p part of the game?

  20. Post
    #20
    Bloody wrote:
    question, how much can they get sued for or made to pay ? is the pvp battle royale a f2p part of the game?
    They aren't as big as League Of Legends but to give you an idea, recently March 3rd, 2017 Riot was awarded $10 Million in a settlement from a lawsuit against a cheat developer "Joduska". I am happy to see company's going after cheaters. They ruin the game for everyone.

  21. Post
    #21
    Antharas wrote:
    They aren't as big as League Of Legends but to give you an idea, recently March 3rd, 2017 Riot was awarded $10 Million in a settlement from a lawsuit against a cheat developer "Joduska". I am happy to see company's going after cheaters. They ruin the game for everyone.
    that is a developer tho , they actually profited financially, this is going after 1 person who did it for LuLz etc

  22. Post
    #22
    99% or Epic Games IP is reversed engineered from other publisher/developers...

  23. Post
    #23
    Bloody wrote:
    that is a developer tho , they actually profited financially, this is going after 1 person who did it for LuLz etc
    Hmm? I read the article a few days ago but im pretty sure one of the people is the coder for a pay2cheat website and the other guy is the owner?

  24. Post
    #24
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Hmm? I read the article a few days ago but im pretty sure one of the people is the coder for a pay2cheat website and the other guy is the owner?
    ok that will work then