Page 4 of 4 First 1234
Results 76 to 94 of 94

  1. Post
    #76
    Disappointed this season... too much focus on the atlanta murders.. found it a bit boring...

  2. Post
    #77

    Mindhunter [Netflix]

    holocaust wrote:
    Disappointed this season... too much focus on the atlanta murders.. found it a bit boring...
    I disagree, those cases were the first time their theories had actually been put in practice in a major case. It showed that general law enforcement really didn’t understand what BSU were up to, and about. Further, it showed that in that part of the country that nobody was willing to accept that these cases weren’t committed by who the historical perpetrators (KKK) were.

    All of this tied in with the general ineptness of local law enforcement meant that despite being a fit for half of the victims, they weren’t/aren’t able to try for more due to lack of evidence that should have been gathered in the initial stop. Then to top it off, once law enforcement had enough to convict on the two cases they could, they didn’t continue to investigate.

    As for the rest goes, I loved how they portrayed Manson. And I thought the little snippets of BTK was perfect.

    Hopefully it’s not two more years before season three.

  3. Post
    #78
    I'm only 2 eps into it so far, but loving it. I watched a doco, or 20/20 or Sunday, about BTK a few months ago, so I'm familiar with the case. Interested to see how it plays out. Sounds like it's more a fringe story.

    Any mention this season of Holden's ex from S1?

  4. Post
    #79
    I didnt like it how the killer just randomly drove across the bridge, dumped a body then did a ****n U-turn back onto the bridge and the cops just so happened to see him.

    And there wasn't enough interviews from Ed, coz honestly I believe he's quite a central character.

  5. Post
    #80

    Mindhunter [Netflix]

    holocaust wrote:
    I didnt like it how the killer just randomly drove across the bridge, dumped a body then did a ****n U-turn back onto the bridge and the cops just so happened to see him.

    And there wasn't enough interviews from Ed, coz honestly I believe he's quite a central character.
    But that’s exactly how it happened though. They’d staked out bridges because they knew he’d start dumping in the river after the fibres info had been leaked on the TV news. Officers heard a loud splash, then saw the car drive off. When the car was off, it u-turned and went back. Wayne had no idea that the FBI were staking out the bridges, so turning around would be expected. He needs to get home remember.

    By this point BSU actually had a reasonably large research team, so interviews were being conducted by another team, and John Douglas and his partner were now pretty much full time putting their techniques in to practice.
    Last edited by Chickenman; 19th August 2019 at 10:04 am.

  6. Post
    #81
    This season is pretty engrossing. Watched 4 eps back to back last night.

    I absolutely love the colour palette they use. Makes it seem more 70's like.

  7. Post
    #82
    Two episodes in to S2 for me. Enjoying it. Feels like there's a lot more to offer in the coming episodes.

  8. Post
    #83
    The Atlanta murders are interesting how the ages of victims drastically changed for the final 6 or 7 victims. I guess it's possible they were the next easiest targets with parents keeping their kids home but for someone who targeted children 9-16 to go to killing people 17-28..

    That being said the child murders did stop after his arrest so he probably did the bulk of the 30 odd murders?

  9. Post
    #84

    Mindhunter [Netflix]

    Chunky wrote:
    The Atlanta murders are interesting how the ages of victims drastically changed for the final 6 or 7 victims. I guess it's possible they were the next easiest targets with parents keeping their kids home but for someone who targeted children 9-16 to go to killing people 17-28..

    That being said the child murders did stop after his arrest so he probably did the bulk of the 30 odd murders?
    My recollection is that was the running theory when they’d apprehended Wayne. With children now being consciously being looked out for, Wayne needed to change his MO. In fact something that wasn’t mentioned in S2, was one of the definitive pieces of evidence they had was eyewitness accounts of Wayne holding the last victim’s hand whilst walking down the street on the last night the victim was seen alive.

    In later interviews before the trial John was asked about his thoughts on Wayne as the perpetrator, and his response was something along the lines of ‘yes, by the end he will be good for at least half of the victims. ‘ This remark got him an official censure from the FBI director at the time. As it’s presuming the person is guilty rather than innocent. But then after the trial he pointed out, just have you have said that after Wayne’s capture, the killings stopped.

    Another thing he has said, and from memory it’s in his book, is that he doesn’t believe Wayne was the only perpetrator.

  10. Post
    #85

    Mindhunter [Netflix]

    For those interested in the interview side.

    Here’s a couple of photos from the book. The top photo is interviewing Ed Kemper, with John Douglas (the basis for Holden Ford) on the right, and the bottom is Wayne Williams.


  11. Post
    #86
    Chickenman wrote:
    My recollection is that was the running theory when they’d apprehended Wayne. With children now being consciously being looked out for, Wayne needed to change his MO. In fact something that wasn’t mentioned in S2, was one of the definitive pieces of evidence they had was eyewitness accounts of Wayne holding the last victim’s hand whilst walking down the street on the last night the victim was seen alive.

    In later interviews before the trial John was asked about his thoughts on Wayne as the perpetrator, and his response was something along the lines of ‘yes, by the end he will be good for at least half of the victims. ‘ This remark got him an official censure from the FBI director at the time. As it’s presuming the person is guilty rather than innocent. But then after the trial he pointed out, just have you have said that after Wayne’s capture, the killings stopped.

    Another thing he has said, and from memory it’s in his book, is that he doesn’t believe Wayne was the only perpetrator.
    Yeah your last sentence was referenced right at the end of the last episode with all the evidence withheld from the BSU investigators.

  12. Post
    #87
    I'm part way through season 2, and digging it. Up to the episode where Bill gets the bad news.

    Anyway, the psychologist chick - what's with the focus on her love life? And in the first season, I still don't get all the scenes where she was leaving food for the cat. Too deep for me I'd say! - what's it about?

  13. Post
    #88
    Frederick James wrote:
    I'm part way through season 2, and digging it. Up to the episode where Bill gets the bad news.

    Anyway, the psychologist chick - what's with the focus on her love life? And in the first season, I still don't get all the scenes where she was leaving food for the cat. Too deep for me I'd say! - what's it about?
    She has a thing for stray pussies.

  14. Post
    #89
    Haisley wrote:
    She has a thing for stray pussies.
    Lol!

  15. Post
    #90
    Haisley wrote:
    She has a thing for stray pussies.


    Wife has been watching it with me, and I just told her of this exchange here on GP; we're lol'ing

  16. Post
    #91
    Just finished season 2.

    I think I liked it more than the first season.

    Sad Dr. didn't end up taking in the stray pussy though.

  17. Post
    #92
    Man Season 2 is boring as. I think Season 1 is much better overall.

  18. Post
    #93
    Haisley wrote:
    Just finished season 2.

    I think I liked it more than the first season.

    Sad Dr. didn't end up taking in the stray pussy though.
    OlIvia Dunham's plot arc this season had almost nothing to do with actual mind hunting tho.

  19. Post
    #94
    Finished S2 yesterday and loved it. Tench's story was compelling.

    Highlights for me were when Holden made the quip about his name being particularly funny in Australia, when Tench just put Holden in his damn place (when they were down by the river and Holden was questioning Tench's commitment), and that ending for Tench (which was brutal!).