1. Post
    Ended up grabbing Rocket League and Axiom Verge from the US eshop before the sale finished. Rocket League is about what I'd expect having played the PS4 version, looks a bit drab docked and pixelated hand held but perfectly playable.

Not feeling Axiom Verge just yet. Seems very linear in the early stages.

2. Post
    Just got Overcooked and Enter the Gungeon, can definitely recommend these two games.

Only got a couple rounds of Overcooked in with 3 players but had a blast, definitely gonna have to round up another game sometime. I did notice some like input lag but not sure if that's cos i hadn't changed the tv to game mode etc...

3. Post
    Big Stardew Valley updates inbound, though I'm not sure of the Switch dates:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/sta...60065901932544

some things I've added for the new content update:
    *new "town event" in winter
    *new type of collection that you can start in your first winter
    *Signs (can display any item on them)
    *More outdoor decorations (some change w/ season)
    *More NPC "events" *A way to re-spec professions
    https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/sta...12012491931648

Also, I'm finished with the new content and have shifted all my attention to getting multiplayer ready!
    Been ages since I've touched the game. Went a bit overboard in the first couple of weeks and didn't really touch it again. Too many other games on the boil :/

4. Post
    Are there any games out/on the horizon like Civilization or Age of Empires?

5. Post
    Gazza-Max wrote:
    Nah not that I've seen at least

Played a bit of Darkest Dungeon over my lunch break. It's pretty brutal - had a couple of successful runs but boy did my parties get punished. Great game but controls and inventory management are a bit awkward at the moment. Seems like touch screen might be the best method for play but I'm kind of hybrid 90% joycons and 10% touch.

6. Post
    Gazza-Max wrote:
    The only games out are those fremium type of Facebook/iPhone/Android builder games that aren't really RTS games at all. It'd be great if Blizard or EA came to the table with a sort of Warcraft or Command and Conquer style RTS game or even if 2K brought us Civilization. On the other hand Age of Empires is owned by Microsoft so I don't see it coming to the Switch.

7. Post

Switch Indie Games

I think a Civ or C&C type game is perfect for the Switch. Local multiplayer would be great. When was the last major RTS game on a Nintendo console?!

8. Post
    It would be great or even a reboot of Warcraft in RTS style. Apparently 8bit Armies is supposed to be coming to Switch which is a great little indie game. Its still on the TBA list though so I don't know when it will be.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427250/8Bit_Armies/
    https://www.nintendo-insider.com/8-b...ntendo-switch/

I would get it if its cheap. Its game play and music is styled off the original C&C.

9. Post
    Wtb: XCOM2 on Switch.

10. Post
    Oxenfree is 75% off in the Australian eshop right now. Its a good little pick up for a solid indie game. Currently cheaper than what it is on the Steam shop.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388880/Oxenfree/
    Last edited by Roumelio; 21st January 2018 at 5:06 pm.

11. Post
    Sunk way more time into Darkest Dungeon than I was expecting, amazing game

They're not lying when they tell you the game ****ing hates you though. So many failed or aborted runs, but it all feels like long-haul progress which is, for me, the sign of a great rogue-like.

12. Post
    Owlboy release date announced, Feb 13

One of my most anticipated games of the year

13. Post
    Celeste is out today (well, should be, still in the Coming Soon section of the eshop)

Soundtrack is out of this world

14. Post
    Ugh - another pixel-art side-scroller.

Switch, you're doing me wrong.

15. Post
    Super hyped for this: Dead Cells currently only available for Steam is coming to Switch this year (not sure when)

Celeste gets a 10/10 from IGN

8/10 from Polygon
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/25/16...h-ps4-xbox-one

I've played through the first chapter. Hasn't grabbed me as much as the reviews would have me expect but I'm also juggling like 5 games at the moment so hard to dedicate time to it.

16. Post
    Not really a huge fan of 8/16bit pixel art scrollers. I played 8 and 16bit games when I was a kid, and then there's the fact that they tend not to look very good on modern 1080p or 4k screen. You don't really need to reboot everything just because its old.

I can pass Oxenfree as a scroller because the art is flawless and the music is haunting. The story line is rather unique also and far more deep than what you think is the average teenage horror movie. The fact that its based on a true location at Fort Ward, Washington makes it cool also.

17. Post
    I just played through Max the Curse of Brotherhood. It's an interesting little 2.5D scroller... Sort of a mash up between Donkey Kong Country and Spiro the Dragon with magic markers. I also played through the Implosion Demo... It's a cool story but the small levels and repetitive enemies really let it down. If you were interested in a hack and slash I'd buy Xenoblade Chronicles instead.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 28th January 2018 at 6:55 pm.

18. Post
    Brawlout update finally dropped and includes the ability to search for players by region. Played 2 matches using Australia and it worked fine. Will play more later.

Also a large update for Rocket League along with the next competitive season. I'm new to how seasons work so keen to jump in.

I'm still absolutely loving Darkest Dungeon.

19. Post
    Owlboy out tomorrow - I preordered from the US eshop which might even unlock tonight

Need to play more of Celeste - up to the 4th Chapter and loving it but have not had enough time to dedicate to it.

20. Post
    Huge free update to Slime-San out today, I believe the game is also on sale at the moment (reading about the US eshop, not sure about NZ)

21. Post
    Anyone playing Golf Story? Looking for something to play on the Switch. Reviews says its great however reviews also said Stardew Valley was great but that's a never ending grind-fest with 0 motivation to progress in.

22. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Anyone playing Golf Story? Looking for something to play on the Switch. Reviews says its great however reviews also said Stardew Valley was great but that's a never ending grind-fest with 0 motivation to progress in.
    One of the best games I've never played. I've always wanted to get it as 99% of the feedback I've read is amazing, but I'm yet to grab it myself. Certainly doesn't sound grindy or anything.

I went full Stardrew-tard for the first 2 or 3 weeks then just decided never to touch it again. I enjoyed watching my farm grow and mining was my favorite profession, going deeper into the mines every 'day' felt like a mini rogue-like adventure in itself. But for some reason always felt like I was playing the game wrong.

I think it does have a soft-end.. I seem to remember there being a target or 2 or 3 years to get your shit sorted. But I definitely ran out of steam.

I grabbed Flinthook last weekend. Neat rogue-like, pixel art game akin to rogue legacy. Feels a bit repetitive and I'm not fan on only having one weapon for every run. I'll try and finish it but doesn't touch Isaac or Gungeon.

23. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I bought it a couple of days ago. The golf gameplay is actually quite refined and complex which is great. The rpg elements make it fun to upskill and get better equipment. The story is a tad bit boring at the start - I'm only up to the second golf course though.

24. Post
    Indie direct from this morning. Nothing really for me here, still, got Dead Cells, Moonlighter and Wizard of Legend coming up so hyped for them.

25. Post
    Finally started Celeste, thought it was a decent run of the mill platform game, nice music, nice basic look, but then I came across the first 'boss' and it gets frickin intense! Trying to get away from multiple of the bloody things is tough, haven't quite managed it yet, stuck on a particular part but I'm sure I'll get lucky sooner or later.