1. Post
    11 Minutes of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles on Switch (PAX East 2018 )

Played the story through on PS4 and really enjoyed it. Super chill game, nice exploration and warm inviting world. Won't be double dipping but it's nice to see on the Switch.

2. Post
    Wizard of Legend releases May 15th

Day 1 purchase for me, looks great.

3. Post
    Yeah that does look great. Definitely my kind of game. I'm primarily using the Switch as an Indie/Steam games portable machine. Can't be fudged lugging around my Macbook and connecting my PS4 controller to it just to play Steam games anymore.

4. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Wizard of Legend, coming 2018. Looks doooooooooope!

This drops May 15, for $15.95USD. Not sure of price / date yet on the NZ eshop but this is a day 1 purchase for me, looks utterly amazing.

Also launching the same day, Battle Chasers: Nightwar

5. Post
    Grabbed 'A Robot Named Fight' off the US eshop. Described as Metroid crossed with Binding of the Isaac, definitely sounds up my alley. Review here https://youtu.be/5uPFkOaX-c4

6. Post
    This is too dope! Isaac is going to be a playable character in Blade Strangers!!! https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/994298523809005568

I was hoping he'd be in Smash, but with this announcement I kinda doubt it. BS looks great anyways so I stoked!

update:
    shovel knight also added https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/994726318225829888
    omg
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 11th May 2018 at 1:10 pm.

7. Post
    I'm hooked on rogue-lites. Thought I could hold out for Wizard of Legend on the 16th but also ended up getting Immortal Redneck. Super neat game, fast fps shooter with procedurally generated levels and drops. The resolution however is the worst I've ever seen on the Switch.

8. Post
    Wizard of Legend out tomorrow, reviews sound great. Super pumped for this one (bet you couldn't tell lol spam etc)

9. Post
    An hour into WoL and it plays just as good as I was hoping. Love it!!!

New funny trailer for Moon Lighters. I dunno if I can hold out for the Switch version which has been pushed back. Might have to go PS4 at the end of the month!

10. Post
    ^^ caved and got moonlighter on PS4, it's great! Would waaaay prefer it on Switch but it'd probably be twice the price as well as late.

Nine Parchments received a free update. The game is often on sale. It's not bad, I just haven't had a lot of time to play it

https://www.frozenbyte.com/2018/06/n...al-challenges/

Titan Quest (kind of Diablo-ish) July 31

11. Post
    Hollow Knight is now available on the eshop, $17 NZD (from memory)

12. Post
    Enter the Gungeon update has finally dropped across all platforms. I intend on sinking a lot more time into this now!!

Patch 2.0.0

New Features

New guns, items, enemies, shrines, NPCs, rooms, and secrets

Tons of new and powerful synergies - look for the blue arrow and improved item notification

New minibosses (Blockner's Ghost and the all-new Fuselier)

New Spread Ammo box - adds a small amount of ammo to all equipped guns

Slide over tables by dodge rolling toward them!

Save hearts for later when at full health - pick them up at the new heart dispenser located at every floor entrance and shop (note: stored hearts are reset each floor!)

Added teleporters to more rooms (including chest rooms and exit rooms)

Turbo mode - delve into the Gungeon to find a new NPC who can enable this high-octane mode

Added a new gameplay option to increase movement speed when not in combat (for those who wanna go fast but don't want to be shot at fast)

Added additional aim assist options (particularly for those who can’t or don't like using the right stick)

Added Ultrawide support (set the graphics scaling to “Fast Scaling” or “Uniform Scaling”)

Gameplay Changes/Improvements

Added a new loot profile which improves shop contents, increases room reward frequency, and tweaks item/chest drop rates to be more generous, particularly early in runs. This is enabled by default but can be changed in the options menu.

Replaced “key forcing” with tweaked key drop rates and guaranteed keys in the shopws of the first two floors. There should no longer be any benefit to leaving a key uncollected.

Removed locked shops

Modified Robot balance (now receives casings for health up items and +1 armor for mastery tokens)

Increased Hegemony credit drop rate, enabled credits to drop in shortcut runs, and added a credit reward for the first tutorial completion

Reduced the required kills on some of the longer Frifle hunts

Gave the smash tent and lost adventurer their own minimap icons

Added a new type of challenge for the Gunsling King

Glass Guon stones will no longer be stolen by the Resourceful Rat

Bullats can now drop casings if killed before they fire themselves

Charge guns can now be charged before entering a boss room and will keep their charge through the intro

Added an option to enable controller aim assist for beam weapons (formerly only worked on non-beam weapons)

Removed player-damage from several explosive items

Players now drop all items when killed in coop

Gave the Chaingunner a new attack with some range (watch out!)

Placed limits on boss attacks that leave the boss invulnerable for extended period of times (High Priest and Cannonbalrog can each only use their immune attacks twice)

You may now receive a gun from the “shopkeeper” on taking the shortcut to the second floor, similar to the other shortcuts.

Skusket's now spawn their bullets more slowly when the player is nearby (to reduce cases where the player takes damage immediately upon entering a room)

Reduced the effectiveness of player explosions destroying enemy bullets when many explosions are used rapidly

Sped up blobulon death animation speeds (to reduce the time you need to wait for them to split)

Made balancing changes to many guns and items (too many to list here)

Probably many other small things we've forgotten about!

Also Dead Cells confirmed for August

13. Post
    Indie showcase, coming soon etc

14. Post
    A Hat in Time is coming to Switch. In case you wanted a better collect-a-thon 3D platformer than Yooka-Laylee.

15. Post
    Was eyeing that up for PS4 a while ago. Switch wth co-op with my kid will be great.

16. Post
    Another Indies direct this morning, featuring Hyperlight Drifter releasing Sept 6 (really want this game but RIP time!) and Towerfall

17. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Was eyeing that up for PS4 a while ago. Switch wth co-op with my kid will be great.
    Co-op and DLC is PC exclusive for the time being AFAIK.

18. Post
    Darkest Dungeon DLC "Colour of Madness" finally launched on Switch a few days ago after being on PC for months. You can pick up the Ancestral Edition for 25% off ATM on the eShop. There's a free DLC character available too, the Musketeer.
    https://www.darkestdungeon.com/the-c...-and-xbox-one/

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Darkest Dungeon DLC "Colour of Madness" finally launched on Switch a few days ago after being on PC for months. You can pick up the Ancestral Edition for 25% off ATM on the eShop. There's a free DLC character available too, the Musketeer.
    https://www.darkestdungeon.com/the-c...-and-xbox-one/
    Sounds good. Really enjoyed this game (though it took a lot of blood sweat n tears to get to the point where I could confidently take on higher level dungeons), must finish it some time.

20. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Sounds good. Really enjoyed this game (though it took a lot of blood sweat n tears to get to the point where I could confidently take on higher level dungeons), must finish it some time.
    Would you recommend for a new Switch player?

21. Post
    MintyJewels wrote:
    Would you recommend for a new Switch player?
    I love the game, and it's a great fit for the Switch, especially utilising the touch screen in hand held. It's crazy hard and fraught with despair watching your team hopelessly slaughtered at the mercy of a diabolically anti-player dice roll.

I know nothing about your gaming preferences so yeah it's hard to recommend. (i wasn't even gonna reply, thought you were a bot till I saw the post in the multiplayer thread lol :P )

22. Post
    Indie highlights from this morning.

Goat Sim, Unruly Trav.. er.. Heroes and When Ski Lifts Go Wrong are all available now.

23. Post
    will be getting wargroove as these guys have basically recreated their take on the awesome Advance Wars series that Nintendo have kept on the shelf for so long

24. Post
    JAFA wrote:
    will be getting wargroove as these guys have basically recreated their take on the awesome Advance Wars series that Nintendo have kept on the shelf for so long
    They've just announced Wargroove for Feb 1!! Definitely getting.

25. Post
    Indie / Rogue games were never my thing.

But Since I bought Binding of Isaac, I find its my go to when I pick up my switch instead of other A titles.

Just picked up OlliOlli switch stance. Pretty fun but also quite hard to pull off the combos. Reminds me of a 2D THPS where you're constantly trying to link the combos but waaaay more difficult.