A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 5601

1. Post
    The poll has Labour at 47.5 percent, ahead of the National Party, which has dropped to 41.6 percent.

The Greens are sat at 5.1 percent while New Zealand First is on 2.9 percent.
    https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/polit...me-in-12-years

Honestly, someone please give us electoral reform. By this poll NZF are dead, and Vernon's blue-green party needs to take 0.2% of the Greens vote to return us to a 2 party system. ****'s sake.

2. Post
    frio wrote:

Honestly, someone please give us electoral reform. By this poll NZF are dead, and Vernon's blue-green party needs to take 0.2% of the Greens vote to return us to a 2 party system. ****'s sake.
    I wouldn't be surprised if National did an Epsom type deal with Blue/Greens. Sure National are hardly painting themselves as a better alternative, but I just can't believe how many people are happy with the job Labour are doing when they haven't really done a great deal except the odd virtuous thing here and there, and they have had so many stuff ups.

3. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if National did an Epsom type deal with Blue/Greens. Sure National are hardly painting themselves as a better alternative, but I just can't believe how many people are happy with the job Labour are doing when they haven't really done a great deal except the odd virtuous thing here and there.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Labour did a Epsom type deal with NZ First

4. Post
    zippy wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Labour did a Epsom type deal with NZ First
    I think NZ First buddying up with Labour has done a hell of a lot of damage to the NZ First voter base, so not sure...

5. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    but I just can't believe how many people are happy with the job Labour are doing
    That's probably because you're a right winger...

6. Post
    GaR wrote:
    A vague recollection of Michael King's Penguin History of New Zealand.
    Cool. I'll get it out of the library once I've finished reading about Tasmanian aborigines.

MXRecord wrote:
    https://teara.govt.nz/en/nga-ropu-ta...vements/page-3

On another note, I like this article by Stuff.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/104...-what-was-lost

I like this part when it comes to "Maori should be grateful for white man technology".
    Interesting article.

It is regrettable that the colonists dien thokd up their end of the deal.

Edward Diego wrote:
    Fun fact, the Maori weren't feudal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudalism
    Another fun fact, Maori warfare increased after contact with Europeans because of two destabilising new factors - muskets and potatoes.

What in the hell does that even mean.

And at the same time suppressing their culture and language.

The missionaries were doing pretty well at this without colonisation being required.
    https://teara.govt.nz/en/biographies...araha-tamihana

Wow, where to start. Firstly, the warfare against the Crown was in direct response to the Crown violating the treaty in order to assuage land-hungry settlers. Secondly, they didn't cede sovereignty, they ceded governance, at least according to the Maori translation, and the native language translation of the treaty is the definitive one according to the UN.

Jesus Christ mate, NZ as a country put a lot of effort into making Maori the bottom of the socio-economic pyramid. The only reason to not acknowledge that is because it challenges your biases. And having once acknowledged it, a sense of natural justice tends to lead one to support remedies being made.
    How is having a chief whom everyone works for and periodically dies for not feudalism?

Stopping slavery, cannibalism. The usual things we take for granted.

Can't give a modern education with quackery and superstition about

True

So you don't equate governance and sovereignty? The English translation which is the proper one says sovereignty.

Who cares what the UN says.

That might have been the case. I thought the sins of the fathers are not the sins of the son.

They get equality of opportunity. Isn't that good enough?

7. Post
    bmt wrote:
    That's probably because you're a right winger...
    I prefer to view things issue by issue personally...I wouldn't consider myself right wing though.

8. Post
    I'm genuinely interested to know where Mr. Sika gets his views on NZ history from.

???

9. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:
    I'm genuinely interested to know where Mr. Sika gets his views on NZ history from.

???
    Its ingrained in mainstream New Zealand. You just have to look at Vulcans posts as an example.

10. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if National did an Epsom type deal with Blue/Greens. Sure National are hardly painting themselves as a better alternative, but I just can't believe how many people are happy with the job Labour are doing when they haven't really done a great deal except the odd virtuous thing here and there, and they have had so many stuff ups.
    What would be funny, National doing an Epsom deal with the Blue/Greens (Sustainable NZ Party) and ]Sustainable NZ Party going into coalition with Labour because they have more common policy on environmental issues because National needs to lifts its game

11. Post
    frio wrote:

Its pretty normal for polls just after holidays to favor the current government nothing of note really. 6 months from now and the polls still stay the same or lower then its not going to be pretty for Nats.

Currently Simon Bridges being lower than Judith Collins will be a huge concern for Simon.
    Simon has never been a leader type and always doubt he would be able to be leader and win an election.
    If I had to choose between the two would probably go with Judith Collins.

12. Post
    Simon Bridges thrashed in new poll.

Name:  unhinged.png
Views: 180
Size:  12.7 KB

Actually this petty, or trolling? Maybe this account belongs to Bobs. I know he likes to get his troll on!

13. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    Cool. I'll get it out of the library once I've finished reading about Tasmanian aborigines.

Interesting article.

It is regrettable that the colonists dien thokd up their end of the deal.

How is having a chief whom everyone works for and periodically dies for not feudalism?

Stopping slavery, cannibalism. The usual things we take for granted.

Can't give a modern education with quackery and superstition about

True

So you don't equate governance and sovereignty? The English translation which is the proper one says sovereignty.

Who cares what the UN says.

That might have been the case. I thought the sins of the fathers are not the sins of the son.

They get equality of opportunity. Isn't that good enough?
    Jesus how can you be this dense on the topic.

14. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:

???
    I read up on it and come it my own conclusions. It's not hard.

MXRecord wrote:
    Its ingrained in mainstream New Zealand. You just have to look at Vulcans posts as an example.
    So it's right?

TatonkaBill wrote:
    Jesus how can you be this dense on the topic.
    Well didn't you get the memo that it's not two people one nz. We're not China with the 2 systems one China.

15. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    I read up on it and come it my own conclusions. It's not hard.
    What did you read?

16. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:
    What did you read?
    Hobson pledge. The huge book by Maurice shad bolt about nz Maori wars.

Other books and websites. Personal experiences with Maoris.

17. Post
    Wow this will be a major blow for Invercargill - they have been innovative and succeeded in bringing lots of people to the region and providing quality education; however true to Labours form anyone getting ahead needs to be brought back to the pack to help those who are failing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-ti...ning-providers

18. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    Hobson pledge. The huge book by Maurice shad bolt about nz Maori wars.

Other books and websites. Personal experiences with Maoris.
    So... a racist organisation that's likely named after a lie and a literal work of fiction?

19. Post
    Your first link is just a somewhat bitter personal opinion. Well done.

20. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Wow this will be a major blow for Invercargill - they have been innovative and succeeded in bringing lots of people to the region and providing quality education; however true to Labours form anyone getting ahead needs to be brought back to the pack to help those who are failing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-ti...ning-providers
    Yes, the intent of this proposal (and proposal mind, so like an idea and not a definite thing) is to cripple small towns who choose to subsidize an educational institute.

The government already carriers a huge chunk of the cost so they get to have a say. As a taxpayer, if there's a better, more effective way to educate people than the status quo, you'd be mad to not even look into it.

21. Post
    So many things reveal your general lack of education on the topic Mr sika.

- Deliberately calling it the NZ Maori Wars rather than The New Zealand Wars serves to push blame for the wars onto Maori who were merely defending their own land and were punished for their temerity by having most of it confiscated.
    - Referring to Maori in plural as Maoris. This is a minor quibble but still smacks of uneducated bogan racism.
    - Citing a blatantly racist organisation as if this lends you any credibility.
    - Weakly attempting to discredit the United Nations of all things.

22. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Your first link is just a somewhat bitter personal opinion. Well done.
    Er, it's a site put together by a published author with a PhD in history who actively lectures at Victoria University.

You're welcome to take shots at me for pointing out he's formed opinions from a novel too.

23. Post
    PhD? Sounds a bit commie to me.

24. Post
    ****ing ivory tower elites

25. Post
    On their vagina soapboxes.

I feel like I need to fit the word "cuck" in, but don't know how it works. Anyway, it's good to try and emasculate yourself on the internet. Women want to be me and men want to be with me.