A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 7458

1. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    It's irrational to assume you can vet 100.00% of people willing to commit such crimes.

again this is detracting from the marginal benefit these firearms give to society vs the risk and the peace of mind owed to those devastated by CHCH.

there's always going to be the potential for someone to gain access to a firearm that can massacre either legally or illegally.. the minimization of that risk by banning certain rifles seems like a small price to pay..

it's not like they took all of your toys, just some of the cooler ones
    except for the bit where the vetting process in this case didnt even begin to approach acceptable. If even a token effort had been made he wouldnt have gotten a license.

except the bit where lever actions from the 1800s are also illegal. dont buy into the oh military style are banned rhetoric. its a lie.

dont be condescending. they arent toys. Never mind the bit where people are significantly out of pocket due to ammunition, sights, reloading gear, and have been effectively disenfranchised from society thanks to the government and media. Its quite clear that submissions to the select committee are just being dismissed. constantly being lied to, and segregated from society is not a good thing.

2. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    it's the assumption you won't have any errors in identifying would be criminals, that is irrational.
    you have a much lower instance of it, when the police stop failing in the administration of the arms act and actuallly follow procedure.

3. Post
    It is a pity we don't have a separate firearms discussion thread -this is really boring for the rest of us...

4. Post
    brand wrote:
    It is a pity we don't have a separate firearms discussion thread -this is really boring for the rest of us...
    Only way to spread the facts is to sometimes inconvenience people. Otherwise misinformed individuals won't seek out the truth.

On another not. Does anyone else think that nz first is toast at next election? I certainly hope so.

5. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    On another not. Does anyone else think that nz first is toast at next election? I certainly hope so.
    Winnie is a survivor - pre-election he will come up with some kind of semi-controversial policy that will rally the support of the seniors and he will bounce back.

I don't want a return to FPP, with all the gerrymandering and shit, but this whole thing of the tail wagging the dog with a party that gets only 5% of the vote getting major policy concessions from coalition partners really shits me. With any luck the c**t will be dead soon. We can only hope.

6. Post
    Rough FJ.
    As far as the coalition goes, I like to think NZF has at least partly reigned in some of Labour's divisive policies.

7. Post
    I'd love nothing more than to see winnie that old sack of shit disappear into the sunset dragging NZF with him for good. I can't stand that old **** anymore.

8. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Rough FJ.
    As far as the coalition goes, I like to think NZF has at least partly reigned in some of Labour's divisive policies.
    You're possibly right about the reigning in of policies, but i'm not informed enough to make that call.

I just hate the guy - he's a game-playing, grand-standing shit-stain of the highest order. I mean, just look at 'im!; well past his use-by date, in every sense of the term!!!

9. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Winnie is a survivor - pre-election he will come up with some kind of semi-controversial policy that will rally the support of the seniors and he will bounce back.

I don't want a return to FPP, with all the gerrymandering and shit, but this whole thing of the tail wagging the dog with a party that gets only 5% of the vote getting major policy concessions from coalition partners really shits me. With any luck the c**t will be dead soon. We can only hope.
    He'll bang on about immigration despite the fact that he's not done anything major to reduce the numbers arriving.

swazi wrote:
    Rough FJ.
    True. He also campaigned on gun rights and 1080 and he rolled over and flip flopped straight away when it counted.

10. Post
    One saving grace is that Winston absolutely hates the Greens which has kept them and their crackpot ideas safely sidelined...

11. Post
    brand wrote:
    One saving grace is that Winston absolutely hates the Greens which has kept them and their crackpot ideas safely sidelined...
    Fair comment

12. Post
    brand wrote:
    I'll give him that. The greens were pushing for all guns banned and no compensation.

13. Post
    This NZF thing looks very, very slimy...The fact Winston is trying to distance himself from the NZF party as if he has no idea what goes on in the background re: finances is absolutley laughable

14. Post
    Heard on the radio this arvo, couldn't answer a single question straight.

tbf I think NZ just expects this behaviour from Winston.

15. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Heard on the radio this arvo, couldn't answer a single question straight.

tbf I think NZ just expects this behaviour from Winston.
    On Newstalk ZB? That’s where I heard him and he certainly didn’t come across as he normally would. Looks dodgy af

16. Post
    Winnie's a wiley old fox, you know he'll weasel his way back in, needs to retire and go fishing.

17. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    On Newstalk ZB? That’s where I heard him and he certainly didn’t come across as he normally would. Looks dodgy af
    Yeah, he kept saying the accusations were baseless, but knew nothing about the NZF Foundation. How could he know if they were baseless if he knew nothing? (Heather really missed an opportunity there).

18. Post
    Old crooked ****ing Winston. ****.

19. Post
    If I was a betting man, I suspect many of the donors are from people/companies tied up with fisheries and forestry

20. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    If I was a betting man, I suspect many of the donors are from people/companies tied up with fisheries and forestry
    Don't forget the horses

21. Post
    It’s known that there’s major donors from fisheries and racing. I think the stuff journos have the names.

22. Post
    Ole winston is up shit creek now, he's always been a cocky ****.
    OHYEAH BABY KARMA IS GONNA GET HIM

23. Post
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...standards.html

Fkn lol. So houses that people pay for (or in this case kiwibuild failures) are not good enough for beneficiaries. Put them in a motel instead, that will solve it

24. Post
    thing is, putting them into homes do not guarantee a vote to your government , but keeping them dependent on the welfare and the motel rooms , does .

The cold reality of democracy i guess. /shrug

25. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    thing is, putting them into homes do not guarantee a vote to your government , but keeping them dependent on the welfare and the motel rooms , does .

The cold reality of democracy i guess. /shrug
    Lol, nice tinfoil hat.