A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 26 to 50 of 5244

  1. Post
    #26
    Roumelio wrote:
    That would explain a few things. Saffers come over here because they had their arses handed to them by the ANC and then want to turn New Zealand/Australia into the racist backwater that was South Africa until 1994 and bring all their hang ups with them.
    I disagree, most saffas I know came here because SA has turned to crap since the ANC took over - they're really nice people to work with. Maybe sirgrim is the exception?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Grifty wrote:
    In other news, the Tertiary Edukamashun at no charge policy looks promising.
    Oh yay more bcoms, just what we need.

  2. Post
    #27
    Vulcan wrote:
    Oh yay more bcoms, just what we need.
    Don’t forget the BComm double with a side order of psychology

  3. Post
    #28
    wouldn't it make more sense making the last year of tertiary education free?

  4. Post
    #29
    The first year could be the last year

  5. Post
    #30
    you know what i meant :P

  6. Post
    #31
    South Africans are arrogant twats for the most part but other than that theres nothing wrong with them.

  7. Post
    #32
    Sin^ wrote:
    its cos he hates ze blecks.


    Now say it in Afrikaans.

  8. Post
    #33
    Osiry wrote:
    Chinese visas aren't that hard to get. You can get 6 month multiple entry visas pretty easily, and a working visa isn't too difficult, depending on what sector you want to work in.
    it is easy to get a work visa for china ,My son got one within 3 weeks of applying . He just found a job in China [teaching english] got a tourist visa went over and then got his work visa . Took 2 weeks. He is now living in a 32 floor apartment in Shenzhen .

  9. Post
    #34
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    South Africans are arrogant twats for the most part but other than that theres nothing wrong with them.
    Israeli males win this hands down. Russians come close too.

  10. Post
    #35
    Toolman wrote:
    [teaching english]
    And I'm sure a Chinese person who wants to teach Chinese could easily get a visa for NZ, too. Just like they could get a visa for NZ to be a practicing accountant, programmer, business manager, property investor, corner four square dairy attendant... but could I get a Chinese visa for any of those things that leads to residency/citizenship after a few years? Hell no.

  11. Post
    #36
    Non-chinese have zero chance of getting citizenship.My wife is from there so i looked into it...forget about it.

    Only softcock western countries do dumb crap like that, and then let them bring their entire family including their retarded uncle.

  12. Post
    #37
    Your point? Pretty sure my original argument was...

    Therefore, the rules should be reciprocal: Chinese people should not be able to get residency/citizenship here and should not be able to own property in NZ.

  13. Post
    #38
    I wasn't making any point. I was just adding my own experience with my chinese wife. I can't become a citizen of that country.

  14. Post
    #39
    teelo7 wrote:
    I've posted my reasons before but I shall post them again: I cannot get Chinese residency/citizenship even if I was married to a chinese lady. I cannot buy property in China because I am not Chinese. Therefore, the rules should be reciprocal: Chinese people should not be able to get residency/citizenship here and should not be able to own property in NZ.
    That is correct, Chinese naturalization is only for Chinese or near relatives. So your children if you are married to a Chinese native can apply for Citizenship. No dual nationality or citizenship or residency is allowed tho

    No one can buy property in China. Not even the Chinese. Chinese government does not allow private ownership of land. The only exception is ancestral property based on family name ( for example my family ancestral home belongs to my family , no transfer of ownership is possible tho, it goes the next generation thru a legal process , currently my dad has the title, next will be my elder brother etc )

  15. Post
    #40
    SirGrim wrote:
    i want the house prices to come down, ain't nothing racist about that but some people are quick to jump in the social justice bandwagon I see, like roumelio who has just about wrote a thesis already something greek yada yada borin, something personal relationship issues and self projection yada yada etc..
    Aint nothin about self-projection, just a common quirk with those at arrive from the PFP party (ironically the same abreviation for Packing For Perth) in the other Commonwealth realms. I'm pushing your buttons because you seem to be acting like one of those.


    Vulcan wrote:
    I disagree, most saffas I know came here because SA has turned to crap since the ANC took over - they're really nice people to work with. Maybe sirgrim is the exception?
    A lot of them are really nice people, surprisingly even the "black" ones that come over here. I'm just pushing SirGrim's button because there are quite a few who are not really good people and are casually racist. It does appear some times that people like SirGrim may be casually racist.

    TLDR: Casual racism in parts of South Africa is their favourite pass time.

  16. Post
    #41
    Roumelio wrote:
    Aint nothin about self-projection, just a common quirk with those at arrive from the PFP party (ironically the same abreviation for Packing For Perth) in the other Commonwealth realms. I'm pushing your buttons because you seem to be acting like one of those.




    A lot of them are really nice people, surprisingly even the "black" ones that come over here. I'm just pushing SirGrim's button because there are quite a few who are not really good people and are casually racist. It does appear some times that people like SirGrim may be casually racist.

    TLDR: Casual racism in parts of South Africa is their favourite pass time.
    Tell us how you really feel about South Africans, pretty sure you're holding back.

  17. Post
    #42
    SirGrim wrote:
    i want the house prices to come down, ain't nothing racist about that but some people are quick to jump in the social justice bandwagon I see, like roumelio who has just about wrote a thesis already something greek yada yada borin, something personal relationship issues and self projection yada yada etc..
    What a lazy deflection.

    Didn't answer what else Trump/Labour have in common that would explain your position on the two. The one thing you did address - immigration - completely ignores the elephant in the room that Trump's immigration stance is about a whole lot more than just rising house prices.

    But whatever - blah blah blah blah SJW, tl;dr essay, projection lel etc. Am I doing this right? Have I earned my ̶b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶l̶u̶g̶ MAGA hat yet?

  18. Post
    #43
    Roumelio wrote:
    A lot of them are really nice people, surprisingly even the "black" ones that come over here. I'm just pushing SirGrim's button because there are quite a few who are not really good people and are casually racist. It does appear some times that people like SirGrim may be casually racist.
    A lot of them are also assholes, and humans are tribal by nature. Feeling distrustful of alien cultures is an instinct that's programmed into our DNA. Try and pretend you don't secretly harbor some sort of racial prejudice if you like but you're only lying to yourself.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  19. Post
    #44
    SirGrim wrote:
    i want the house prices to come down, ain't nothing racist about that but some people are quick to jump in the social justice bandwagon I see, like roumelio who has just about wrote a thesis already something greek yada yada borin, something personal relationship issues and self projection yada yada etc..
    Vulcan wrote:
    I disagree, most saffas I know came here because SA has turned to crap since the ANC took over - they're really nice people to work with. Maybe sirgrim is the exception?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh yay more bcoms, just what we need.
    han16 wrote:
    Tell us how you really feel about South Africans, pretty sure you're holding back.
    I feel nothing in particular for South Africans, it's a case by case scenario. Just like everything in life there are good and bad apples. I grew up with a few nice South African people who were white, caring, decent, honest people. Then there are a lot of Dutch/Afrikaner South Africa people who are miserable wankers who still can't get over the fact that the rightful owners of South Africa are the majority black population.

    TLDR: It's the Afrikaners mostly who are like that and some of the British blood also. They piss me off. The ANC has done a lot of stupid shit since Mandela but I am still pro ANC because its their stupid shit to take ownership of. I don't particularly agree with Zuma, and like some Africans he's taken the presidency as a throne... But, that's not my problem, that's for the majority population and rightful owners of South Africa to work out for themselves.

  20. Post
    #45
    I worked within a team that was more than 50% saffas, mixed english and afrikaner - all of them were nice - even the one I used to argue with firewalls about . Most of them moved to NZ because of the trouble there (one had been held up at gunpoint in his own home). All of them really missed SA and wanted to live them - but just couldn't due to safety issues. Not one of them was racist in any way I could note.

    Seems like Roumelio has a chip on his shoulder.

  21. Post
    #46
    Seems I just ran into another example the other day where a Swiss Multi-tool was interpreted as a knife. Please leave your baggage and your attitude that I have any intent to stab you back in South Africa, that is all.

  22. Post
    #47
    Roumelio wrote:
    I feel nothing in particular for South Africans, it's a case by case scenario. Just like everything in life there are good and bad apples. I grew up with a few nice South African people who were white, caring, decent, honest people. Then there are a lot of Dutch/Afrikaner South Africa people who are miserable wankers who still can't get over the fact that the rightful owners of South Africa are the majority black population.

    TLDR: It's the Afrikaners mostly who are like that and some of the British blood also. They piss me off. The ANC has done a lot of stupid shit since Mandela but I am still pro ANC because its their stupid shit to take ownership of. I don't particularly agree with Zuma, and like some Africans he's taken the presidency as a throne... But, that's not my problem, that's for the majority population and rightful owners of South Africa to work out for themselves.
    Lol @ tldr being the same length as the post.

  23. Post
    #48
    gneiss wrote:
    Lol @ tldr being the same length as the post.
    Oh yeah?

    tl;dr: wut

  24. Post
    #49
    South African's come in all shapes and sizes, a lot of them have an attitude problem about who the rightful owner of the nation is. Not my fault if you treat black people like shit for 200 years and then they rise up against you. Not my problem at all...

    Coming from a New Zealander it would be a bit rich if you didn't understand the treaty of Waitangi either. Yes, Zuma can be a dick, and he certainly isn't Madiba, but you created your own shit as South Africans and now you don't want to wallow in it.

    /LOL

    "Oh it was a nice country once, when the National Party was in charge..." OK please spare me your sob story.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 27th October 2017 at 3:28 pm.

  25. Post
    #50
    Vulcan wrote:
    I disagree, most saffas I know came here because SA has turned to crap since the ANC took over - they're really nice people to work with. Maybe sirgrim is the exception?
    +1 to this, they also have a much higher beautiful women ratio than NZ.

    Vulcan wrote:
    Seems like Roumelio has a chip on his shoulder.
    If you're a ****, people generally treat you like that. Maybe Roumelio is just a utter ****.