A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 7427

1. Post
    frio wrote:
    Yes. Thatís the ****ing core ethos.
    They don't seem very committed then, there plenty of them around waving their arms, and being antisocial but they don't actually do much murdering.

2. Yelling
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...cal-party.html

So Brian Tamaki is trying again after failing in 2003-2005 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny_New_Zealand

Do people have such short memeories these days?

3. Post
    if they get over 0.5% of the vote i will be disappointed

4. Post
    They'll be aiming for at least 10%

Hehehehehheehehe

5. Post
    So now that the Destiny Church is just a political fundraising apparatus they cannot possibly keep their tax-free charitable status right?

6. Post
    My son asked if he could do the climate strike march tomorrow. So I asked him why he wanted to, what he thought about the reasons for the march etc. He said he just wanted to hang out with his mates in town. My answer came pretty swiftly after that.

7. Post
    ^good.

8. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    So now that the Destiny Church is just a political fundraising apparatus they cannot possibly keep their tax-free charitable status right?
    Fingers crossed but unlikely, they'll keep it at enough of an arms length.

9. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Fingers crossed but unlikely, they'll keep it at enough of an arms length.
    Yeah, hence the name being nothing even remotely "Destiny" related. Coalition is pretty lol. I do think that something like Kingmaker Party, MMP Party, or even Tail-Wags-Dog Party would have been funnier. God, please God, I implore you; make this go the same way as their last botched crack at politics.

10. Post
    Looks like Mana has found a new outlet to be opportunistic bell ends and are testing the waters in terms of expressing support for this Destiny Church party.

Unimpressed, but not surprised.

11. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    My son asked if he could do the climate strike march tomorrow. So I asked him why he wanted to, what he thought about the reasons for the march etc. He said he just wanted to hang out with his mates in town. My answer came pretty swiftly after that.
    That'll teach him to be honest with you

12. Post
    GaR wrote:
    That'll teach him to be honest with you
    That’s basically what I said . Bless his heart, he knew I’d bust him for lying so he just went with honesty. He wasn’t even mad when I said no.

13. Post
    Lol at how bloody self-centred the climate change student protesters are when they say, they're the generation that will suffer, in some way - because of it, as if anyone born in the last forty years has had any hope of changing anything the geriatrics in power do.

14. Post
    I can't believe the latest stunt those councils have been doing declaring a "climate emergency" - I think it's the worst case of virtue signalling I have ever seen. Especially after they have contributed to the issues in their region by allowing so much intensive dairy farming in country that is regularly in drought.

15. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I can't believe the latest stunt those councils have been doing declaring a "climate emergency" - I think it's the worst case of virtue signalling I have ever seen. Especially after they have contributed to the issues in their region by allowing so much intensive dairy farming in country that is regularly in drought.
    Indeed, ECAN had better start reversing the Canterbury dairy conversions pretty quickly. So many of them will lack credibility if they just talk about electric buses etc.

16. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    What does declaring it an emergency actually do?

17. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    What does declaring it an emergency actually do?
    Well a huge number of people still don't believe it is a real thing or even a problem. A lot of people believe it's all about making money for governments or is fabricated entirely.

18. Post
    Was Jacinda alruden the one reasonable for my student allowance increase? Or is it just an inevitable result of inflation?

Would bang.

19. Post
    anroid wrote:
    was jacinda alruden the one reasonable for my rent increase ? Or is it just an inevitable result of inflation?

Would bang.
    ftfy

20. Post
    MatthewPerrin wrote:
    Well a huge number of people still don't believe it is a real thing or even a problem. A lot of people believe it's all about making money for governments or is fabricated entirely.
    Those people are uninformed or wilfully stupid.

21. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Why not let him, it's a good cause.

It's easy to get bored of hearing about climate change but it's a legit concern and basically younger people having to live their lives in the shit their older family members left. It's a bit like the Auckland housing market.

22. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    If only he lied...

23. Post

24. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Indeed, ECAN had better start reversing the Canterbury dairy conversions pretty quickly. So many of them will lack credibility if they just talk about electric buses etc.
    We're getting an electric monorail to the airport (in 30 years) to offset the tons of avgas consumed flying to global warming conferences.

25. Post
    I don't usually give a toss about the goings on in Parliament but what Mallard did seems super scummy even for a politician.

You don't just casually call someone a rapist especially when you have no knowledge of the details -that crosses a line IMO...