A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5174

1. Post
    frio wrote:
    The bit where she says it’s a major policy change and that they want public debate.

Seems fair to me.
    I’m not buying that you can’t do the research in a controlled environment. Imagine actually having a public debate on all the research, instead of hypotheticals!

2. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    That latest Colmar Brunton poll - Bridges must be shitting himself, surely there’s no way he’ll be National leader at the next election. Gotta be Bennett or Crusher for sure.

National were still polling at 42% weren’t they? That’s still pretty good for opposition, especially when you consider Labour were in the 20’s and 30’s for so long

3. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    National were still polling at 42% werenít they? Thatís still pretty good for opposition, especially when you consider Labour were in the 20ís and 30ís for so long
    Yeah, I was more talking about Bridges rating as preferred Prime Minister.

4. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    National were still polling at 42% weren’t they? That’s still pretty good for opposition, especially when you consider Labour were in the 20’s and 30’s for so long
    When Labour were that low Greens were in the teens, often, if you consider Labour and Greens as a block, Labour and Greens combined would be ahead of National.

5. Post
    Bullion wrote:
    When Labour were that low Greens were in the teens, often, if you consider Labour and Greens as a block, Labour and Greens combined would be ahead of National.
    But not enough to govern which is why Winston has them by the balls...

6. Post
    brand wrote:
    Um, I’m pretty sure the news said that based on current polling, it would give Labour/Greens 65 seats, and they need 61 to govern. National/Act would only get 55 seats.

Edit; yeah, here it is bro ...
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...variant=tb_v_1

7. Post
    Current polls have Winston gone burgers and the Greens in the kingmaker seat. I don’t think it’ll actually play out like that, of course.

Agreed that the left should be considered a bloc whereas the right are basically just National at this point.

8. Post
    my 1c - I prefer the greens of the Russell Norman era, can't really see any viable leaders for national at the moment.

9. Post
    All the feminists that previously supported the greens jumped on the jacinda train pretty quick.

10. Post
    JRS wrote:
    All the feminists that previously supported the greens jumped on the jacinda train pretty quick.
    It's the same ****ing train.

11. Post
    brand wrote:
    During most of the last Govt, polling had NZ First as the decider. Very rarely did polling show either a National/Act block being able to Govern or a Labour/Green block without NZ First.

12. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    my 1c - I prefer the greens of the Russell Norman era, can't really see any viable leaders for national at the moment.
    Although im not a fan of greens, ChlŲe Swarbrick has her head screwed on. Impressive everytime she is on TV, can see her doing very well in future.
    Will be hard to pick someone decent from National.

13. Post
    Greens need some commonsense around GM modification for pest control.

If you don't like 1080, it's the best alternative.

14. Post
    WillAY wrote:
    Where? I have been unable to find anything.

Or are you talking about the warnings published in December and January (which were pretty tame)?
    I'm not sure exactly what they published but they're being dicks about it and NZ/China relations aren't so flash atm.

Zarkov wrote:
    Kiwibuild is the answer to a question that no one asked.

How Labour thought it was a good idea is a mystery.

They should drop it now before it does them any more harm.
    Kiwibuild might be rubbish but there was definitely a question asked. The housing prices in NZ and Auckland in particular are mental. *something* has to happen.

15. Post
    Listening to the radio this morning Mark Mitchell was talking about his trip to Hong Kong - Stuart Nash started climbing into him about going to a country with bad policies like death sentences and started going on about China. Mitchell had to stop with a Hong Kong is not really China - and Hong Kong does not have a death penalty. What caught my attention was Nash's rant seemed almost xenophobic, made me what is going on behind closed cabinet doors with regards to China right now.

Here it is here:
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...ustice-system/

(note they forget to mention HK abolished the death penalty in 1993, so Nash is way off)

16. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Greens need some commonsense around GM modification for pest control.

If you don't like 1080, it's the best alternative.
    Definitely agree.

17. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Listening to the radio this morning Mark Mitchell was talking about his trip to Hong Kong - Stuart Nash started climbing into him about going to a country with bad policies like death sentences and started going on about China. Mitchell had to stop with a Hong Kong is not really China - and Hong Kong does not have a death penalty. What caught my attention was Nash's rant seemed almost xenophobic, made me what is going on behind closed cabinet doors with regards to China right now.

Here it is here:

(note they forget to mention HK abolished the death penalty in 1993, so Nash is way off)
    Doesn't help when you disappear from Hong Kong and reappear on the mainland obviously beaten and reading a "confession" on TV.

18. Post
    Vulcan wrote:

Here it is here:

Most people know what is going on in regards to China.

It's a deeply corrupt country, with no regard for international law, fair trade, business ethics, or human rights.

I understand why it's like that, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

It's only marginally better than Russia, which is basically a criminal enterprise.

19. Post
    ^ Here here.

It’d be great if someone just said “F**k free trade - we won’t do business with a regime like this”. You know, put some principles before the almighty dollar for a change.

20. Post
    You can do business with them, but you need to understand what you're dealing with.

21. Post
    Unfortunately we're being pushed into a hole.

22. Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12206618

Anyone read this? Just seems to me that she's annoyed no one wants to be exploited by a company for "exposure"

23. Post
    Yeah that shit's hilarious. Muffin (unpaid) break.

24. Post
    lazy boomer thinks she's entitled to free labour just because the means of production are withheld

25. Post
    I've never worked for free and would never expect anyone else to do it. Nothing about being "entitled" it's about being paid a fair wage for services rendered.

Also Muffin Breaks food tastes like shit. How are they still a thing? You'd think with their shitty overpriced food they'd be able to pay someone actual money for work.