A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 7032

  1. Post
    They don't do it for shits and giggles. However, like any form of legislative power, I'm sure there's some amount of errors made. But these protesters are making out like they're all errors, which I disagree with.

    I think the three separate inquiries(!) will find out, and I think the protesters need to calm the farm and wait for facts.

  2. Post
    There is a review and appeals process open to everyone as well, to say nothing of approaching your local MP or some such. This protest just seems to be a bit of dog whistling to me. To the general populace they're trying to say that OT is this big evil entity stripping mothers and babies from eachother. To the protesters it's yet another colonial grievance bandwagon sesh.

  3. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    There is a review and appeals process open to everyone as well, to say nothing of approaching your local MP or some such. This protest just seems to be a bit of dog whistling to me. To the general populace they're trying to say that OT is this big evil entity stripping mothers and babies from eachother. To the protesters it's yet another colonial grievance bandwagon sesh.
    I think they are just trying to express how the outcomes of the system have made them feel.

    the 'dog whistling' is more a representation of how you see the world, rather than how they see it.

  4. Post
    On another topic - wtf is thing with the part-time PM comments from Bridges because Ardern was in Tokelau instead of hanging out at a land protest - she was being the PM in Tokelau, an NZ dependent territory.

    This is like saying Donald Trump isn't being the President if he visits Puerto Rico.

  5. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    On another topic - wtf is thing with the part-time PM comments from Bridges because Ardern was in Tokelau instead of hanging out at a land protest - she was being the PM in Tokelau, an NZ dependent territory.

    This is like saying Donald Trump isn't being the President if he visits Puerto Rico.
    I dunno. Maybe it's juts Simon wishing he could spend millions of dollars to go on a nice mid winter holiday

  6. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    On another topic - wtf is thing with the part-time PM comments from Bridges because Ardern was in Tokelau instead of hanging out at a land protest - she was being the PM in Tokelau, an NZ dependent territory.

    This is like saying Donald Trump isn't being the President if he visits Puerto Rico.
    Its your typical take pot shots at the opposition when you can strategy. Not unique to Bridges or National.

  7. Post
    The sooner this mob are booted out of power the better - including SIT and Otago in this is an absolute joke, as SIT especially has been hugely successful for the region. Just another blow for the regions and surprise, surprise Labour are making yet another bureaucracy.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-mega-polytech

  8. Post
    Hold your knee jerking horses Simon. Theres no talk of closing any regional campuses and if Southland want to keep subsidising students in their area I'm sure they can. Even in your own article the boss of Otago is upbeat about this.

  9. Post
    Oh yea, let's take autonomy away from a couple of successfully run and profitable organisations and hand that to some Labour appointed bureaucrats who think they can do things better. It'll be Kiwibuild 2.0

  10. Post
    mikedrop69 wrote:
    Hold your knee jerking horses Simon. Theres no talk of closing any regional campuses and if Southland want to keep subsidising students in their area I'm sure they can. Even in your own article the boss of Otago is upbeat about this.
    How can they? It's one entity, it would be unfair for the govt to grant one base of their sprawling commie polytech network free fees. How would that even work?

    Dumb decision yet again by the govt. Merging all these will be a massive logistical undertaking. The IT work alone.....holy crap. Also Southland just got wrecked but then again they don't vote for this mob do they...

  11. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    How can they? It's one entity, it would be unfair for the govt to grant one base of their sprawling commie polytech network free fees. How would that even work?
    The same way it does now? There's no reason Invercargil can't still offer to pay the tuition fees of any student attending a campus located there.

  12. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Oh yea, let's take autonomy away from a couple of successfully run and profitable organisations and hand that to some Labour appointed bureaucrats who think they can do things better. It'll be Kiwibuild 2.0
    Oh well it sounds like the majority of our Polytechs are falling short so you can say "bureaucrats" as many times as you like but at the moment "bureaucrats" at the existing independent techs collectively aren't cutting the mustard.

  13. Post
    "I would never empower someone with as little personal integrity as Simon Bridges to become Prime Minister," he [James Shaw] said.
    But happy to help empower Winston

  14. Post
    Awesome news regarding the abortion reform.

  15. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Awesome news regarding the abortion reform.
    Yeah that's a big deal. And good news.

  16. Post
    Didn’t go far enough but I’m really glad for the changes we are getting. Thanks govt.

  17. Post
    Apostle Tamaki will not be amused.


  18. Post
    DW wrote:
    Apostle Tamaki will not be amused.
    And we can choose not to give a shit about what he or his cult thinks.

  19. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    And we can choose not to give a shit about what he or his cult thinks.
    can add Family First to that list

  20. Post
    I wonder how many of his followers think that foetuses look like that

  21. Post
    massive wrote:
    I wonder how many of his followers think that foetuses look like that
    I wonder how many of them can spell foetus.

  22. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I wonder how many of them can spell foetus.
    I had to google it so **** you.

  23. Post
    massive wrote:
    I had to google it so **** you.
    Irl Lol

  24. Post
    I don't like the abortion reform. But society is going that way for better or for worse.

    The antis are probably better off trying to influence what they can about the law change than to use moral arguments on people who don't really care in an attempt to stop it completely.

  25. Post
    abortion should never have been in the crimes act in the first place.