1. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	climateemergency.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	226950

hamilton city councillors votes on declaring a climate emergency

2. Post
    So this whole Wellington transport issue -did the Greens really threaten to bring down the Government if they didn't get their way?

3. Post
    kierbear wrote:

Name:	climateemergency.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	226950

hamilton city councillors votes on declaring a climate emergency
    Lol democracy

4. Post
    how did the climate change protests go

5. Post
    brand wrote:
    So this whole Wellington transport issue -did the Greens really threaten to bring down the Government if they didn't get their way?
    Even if they didn't genter has shown how slimey she is.

6. Post

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	226987

Wasn't this guy an MP for about a decade. Jesus H Christ.

7. Post
    It's the Harawira's, nobody expects anything decent out of that scummy corrupt family.

8. Post
    Got a lot more for my AR than what I paid for it, and I paid a lot for it. Im sure that contributed in a massive way to keeping NZ safe. More like just making the country poorer by way of knee-jerk legislation. Well done Nash, Cahill, Bush and Ardern. Making NZ choice as

9. Post
    You got more than you paid for it and you’re salty? There’s pages and pages in this thread of gun owners expecting to be underpaid and being salty at that.

10. Post
    Yes

11. Post
    Ok.

12. Post

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	19 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	226995

13. Post

14. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Got a lot more for my AR than what I paid for it, and I paid a lot for it. Im sure that contributed in a massive way to keeping NZ safe. More like just making the country poorer by way of knee-jerk legislation. Well done Nash, Cahill, Bush and Ardern. Making NZ choice as
    Bought a heavy barrel chassis howa yet?

frio wrote:
    You got more than you paid for it and you’re salty? There’s pages and pages in this thread of gun owners expecting to be underpaid and being salty at that.
    Because we don't have a choice, can't set the price, and can't choose who we can sell them to. We have to sell them to Mrs crocodile tears.

There's also a few guns that are way under valued and customs that will have ot be appealed. Others are OK.

15. Post
    A friend of mine had just landed a Barrett M82 when the law changed, took him a year to line up all the paperwork and now he’s turning it in without even having the change to shoot it.

You can’t see how that sort of thing would leave someone salty?

16. Post
    bas wrote:
    A friend of mine had just landed a Barrett M82 when the law changed, took him a year to line up all the paperwork and now he’s turning it in without even having the change to shoot it.

Not really.

Your mate bought one of these into NZ:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82

And he's complaining he got his money back before he had a chance to use it?

That's insane.

WTF did he intend to use it for? It's not like he would be welcome at a rifle range, or anywhere else for that matter.

It's designed to blow holes in APCs, lightly armoured vehicles etc and kill people 8 kilometres away.

17. Post
    bas wrote:

I don't think anyone should feel entitled to own a Barrett 50cal.
    Seems a non issue if a couple of people got hit with bad timing and can't use a piece of military equipment.
    Besides, surely you can go to some sort of recreational shooting facility overseas and use one for fun for a once off.

They could perhaps make some provisions to allow such recreational firing range facilities here, but i wouldn't really care if it existed or not.

Mr sika wrote:
    and can't choose who we can sell them to.
    That's good, I don't want errors/mistakes in judgement resulting in firearms getting into the wrong hands.

I don't understand the opposition to the new gun laws, you are still allowed everything that's optimal for pest control, and everything optimal for game hunting. You just can't have military firearms, I don't understand the rationale of opposition to the new laws. Is it being perceived as some sort of encroachment on personal freedom?

18. Post
    BattleCrap wrote:
    I don't think anyone should feel entitled to own a Barrett 50cal.

I don't understand the opposition to the new gun laws, you are still allowed everything that's optimal for pest control, and everything optimal for game hunting. You just can't have military firearms, I don't understand the rationale of opposition to the new laws. Is it being perceived as some sort of encroachment on personal freedom?
    It's the sense of deranged self entitlement that wants to own a Barrett .50 cal.

it's no wonder they're finally getting some legislative attention.

19. Post
    I would have happily taken the guns away without paying a dime. You guys should be thankful you got anything for the stupid ****ing things.

i.e.awesome wrote:
    Awesome news regarding the abortion reform.
    For sure. It was a ridiculous thing to have in the Crimes Act alongside murder and robbery. If there's going to be laws about it they should be with other medical stuff. "Thou shalt not use medication incompetently". Kev knows more about that kind of stuff than we do, I wouldn't second guess his opinion, he's had to tick the abortion approval box a few times.

Mr sika wrote:
    I don't like the abortion reform. But society is going that way for better or for worse.

The antis are probably better off trying to influence what they can about the law change than to use moral arguments on people who don't really care in an attempt to stop it completely.
    "Antis"? You mean people that don't believe abortion should be a crime? If you're not one of those religious pieces of shit then the way your brain works is a complete mystery.

It should have happened 20 years ago, the times we based our criminal laws on the weird shit in the Bible are long passed in this country. Go and live in Saudi Arabia.

20. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    It's the sense of deranged self entitlement that wants to own a Barrett .50 cal.

it's no wonder they're finally getting some legislative attention.
    Perhaps this person did long range target shooting as a hobby? I know that might sound completely insane, but I assure you it's a real thing.

21. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Perhaps this person did long range target shooting as a hobby? I know that might sound completely insane, but I assure you it's a real thing.
    Exactly, it's ridiculously niche.
    It's a very small sacrifice a very few people have to make, yet it benefits us all.

I have been thinking about certain types of pest control, that might require larger than 22 in semi auto and higher cap magazines. I feel there should be allowances for people/employees/contractors in certain circumstances to apply for a licence to use the prohibited firearms for a short period of time (i.e on a day by day basis).

E.g - large scale wild hog/deer pest control programs via helicopter might require something like an AR-15/a semi auto rifle larger than .22 (?). Allow state/council contracted pest control workers to use the prohibited firearm for the pest control operation.

Edit : Nevermind, this has already been thought of - https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/fi...ohibited-items

The new law seems spot on to me

22. Post
    BattleCrap wrote:
    It's a very small sacrifice a very few people have to make, yet it benefits us all.
    Yea my post was sarcastic. I was pointing out to the rambling old man that the M82 could have been intended for longe range target shooting. I'm not sure how big the sport is in NZ, but I know a couple of people that do it.

23. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    Bought a heavy barrel chassis howa yet?

Because we don't have a choice, can't set the price, and can't choose who we can sell them to. We have to sell them to Mrs crocodile tears.

There's also a few guns that are way under valued and customs that will have ot be appealed. Others are OK.
    Your main complaint turned out not to be an issue, so you're stretching to find reasons to be upset.

No one gives a ****.

24. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    It's a real thing they can stick up their ass. "Target shooting" .50 cals is ridiculous. If you care so much about being accurate with a gun the bullet doesn't need to be that enormous. You don't need something that can kill an elephant to target practice in NZ.

BattleCrap wrote:

I have been thinking about certain types of pest control, that might require larger than 22 in semi auto and higher cap magazines. I feel there should be allowances for people/employees/contractors in certain circumstances to apply for a licence to use the prohibited firearms for a short period of time (i.e on a day by day basis).

E.g - large scale wild hog/deer pest control programs via helicopter might require something like an AR-15/a semi auto rifle larger than .22 (?). Allow state/council contracted pest control workers to use the prohibited firearm for the pest control operation.

Edit : Nevermind, this has already been thought of - https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/fi...ohibited-items

The new law seems spot on to me
    People that shoot pain in the ass animals out of a heli should be allowed a special gun licence but I don't think anyone else should. Private people shouldn't be allowed more than a slow reloading powerful single shot gun. You're rubbish if you need a semi to kill a deer.

WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Yea my post was sarcastic. I was pointing out to the rambling old man that the M82 could have been intended for longe range target shooting. I'm not sure how big the sport is in NZ, but I know a couple of people that do it.
    I don't know anything about target shooting but surely the animal you're trying to kill has a smoother end to it's life if 1 bullet is all it takes.

Vulcan wrote:
    It's the Harawira's, nobody expects anything decent out of that scummy corrupt family.
    That's a bit much. If I were as well known for racism as you I wouldn't say stuff like that.

25. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    It's a real thing they can stick up their ass. "Target shooting" .50 cals is ridiculous. If you care so much about being accurate with a gun the bullet doesn't need to be that enormous. You don't need something that can kill an elephant to target practice in NZ.
    And you can still shoot a .50 cal bolt action.