World Of Warcraft: Classic

IT'S HAPPENING

Guess Blizz finally listened/realised the goldmine was right there

2. Post
    Wow.. Big move

How's it gonna work?

3. Post
    mhm better late than never

ok so who wants to spend weeks farming mats and then get 40 people to jump online and raid at the same time

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    mhm better late than never

ok so who wants to spend weeks farming mats and then get 40 people to jump online and raid at the same time
    ME! The private vanilla server community is huge! Im so excited :P

5. Post
    I'd be all over this if I didn't have a life.

6. Post
    How does this actually work though? Start a new char? transfers? what content?

7. Post
    LOL, I bet once everyone realizes what vanilla wow was actually like they'll flock back to the latest expac. I can't see this lasting. More info needed i guess.

8. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    How does this actually work though? Start a new char? transfers? what content?
    Completely fresh start on an updated version of WoW 1.0

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Sverin wrote:
    LOL, I bet once everyone realizes what vanilla wow was actually like they'll flock back to the latest expac. I can't see this lasting. More info needed i guess.
    There are hundreds of thousands of players playing on pirated legacy WoW servers right now out of choice. The most popular one gets over 10k players online every day at peak times (these servers also have a ton of problems). I'm sure a lot of people still playing current WoW would also like to give it a try. It's certainly not for everyone, but for me personally and I think a lot of people agree with this sentiment, playing vanilla WoW when it was current was one of the best gaming experiences ever.

9. Post
    Are those people playing on private severs willing to start again? If the servers suck then I guess yeah?

Personally not my thing, I remember playing early on and hitting those areas where it was a real struggle to level up. I think it'll be really interesting to see how people react to the classic servers though.

10. Post
    I'm 100% superkeen

There's no way I'll thrash it as much as I did vanilla WoW back in the day, but I'll be there with bells on. It'd sweeten the deal if they were keen on a PTE (play through expansions) type thing but seeing as it took them this long to even consider a "classic" thing that might be a long shot.

11. Post
    bellyfrog wrote:
    playing vanilla WoW when it was current was one of the best gaming experiences ever.
    Yeah it was 2004-05, There was nothing really else around. People want a quick fix these days. I think current wow has a good balance of casual/hardcore.

12. Post
    better if they made it you didnt have to pay a monthly fee

13. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I'm 100% superkeen

There's no way I'll thrash it as much as I did vanilla WoW back in the day, but I'll be there with bells on. It'd sweeten the deal if they were keen on a PTE (play through expansions) type thing but seeing as it took them this long to even consider a "classic" thing that might be a long shot.
    I think transition to TBC and WotLK would be pretty likely after a couple of years if the game proves to be a hit.

Sverin wrote:
    Yeah it was 2004-05, There was nothing really else around. People want a quick fix these days. I think current wow has a good balance of casual/hardcore.
    I know what you mean but there isn't really anything like classic WoW around these days either. I dunno if you played a lot of it back in the day but if you were active in that game the organic events that would take place, the world PVP, the process of gearing up and leveling and raiding, all these things were all so much bigger in scope than any current or past game IMO.

Yeah it's hard and clunky in places and you have to sink in a ton of hours if you want to be at the top but it just has this magic that hasn't ever really been recreated.

14. Post
    i'm both glad they gave in to the moaning classic group (to shut them up) and upset they are wasting man-power and money on this.

I also can't wait for it to fail, lets be honest 90% of the people moaning about classic servers didn't play back then and will complain about the lack of all the QoL things that Blizzard has added over time.

also i'm betting a massive amount of these players play on private servers because they don't have a monthly fee attached to them.

and now that they have given into this lot, they will have to be ready for all the people that want TBC/WoTLK/MoP etc only servers.

15. Post
    Would the world PVP come back though? I loved that, STV and the undead zone were so fun.

16. Post
    Will be interesting to see how they pull this off, played a bit on a "vanilla content using 3.0/wrath client/mechanics server" And it was great, To me the sheer expanse of the world and content is what made vanilla. My personal, probably unpopular opinion is that I'd love to see something official along those lines, old world, epic content with TBC/Wrath class mechanics so that hybrids aren't all forced into healing specs, and only warriors as tanks etc....

17. Post
    Depending on how this comes out, i'll probably drop 60 hours a week on it.
    I had a /played of about 100 days on a Vanilla private server.

Fairly keeeeen.

18. Post
    If I can't go in as a Pally and not get told to get in the back of the raid and heal then that shit just isn't authentic enough.

Also lolret.

19. Post
    I wonder how they will do it. To keep it vanilla I think will break a few people.

e.g.:
    Mount Costs (1,000g)
    Gold is hard to farm
    Levelling to 60 takes ****ing ages

That sounds pretty cool though. I remember the days of farming PVP for rank...

20. Post
    yay! i haven't played wow for ages and i completely skipped Legion. These Expansions didn't feel like a multiplayer game to me.

Being a day one WoWer and ex hardcore... I did however play on a vanilla server recently and it is great. Will be good to see it get the new engine treatment but keep all the hard aspects of it. What made vanilla so great is that it was not easy, it could get you mad (world PVP) but what goes around comes around
    Grinding herbs for days to get the 1000g was so satisfying once i hit the goal. 40 man raids were difficult, nothing mattered more than working as a team and every class group working as a unit, 1000% better than modern day raiding

21. Post
    I can picture the Undead Rogue Toxic-Squeaker armies already.

22. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Would the world PVP come back though? I loved that, STV and the undead zone were so fun.
    World PVP is nuts on private servers. Regularly get huge guild v guild fights happening at Blackrock Mountain, AQ etc depending on the state of progression. Most zones are pretty busy too. Plus it runs at 60 fps nowadays not the 12 fps we used to get back in 2004 when there was 80 guys on the screen lol.

23. Post
    I literally just signed up to the OCE Vanilla WoW private server 2 days ago.
    Will be jamming that in preperation for this now i think.

Also holy shit on that Flip-Flop

24. Post
    Hmm i was one of the first 50s on Blackrock and have a unique white raptor ( which was removed ) but i wont do it again. It was great fun the first time around but would i do it again? Hell no lol.

25. Post
    I wish I didnt do it the first time...