Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I saw this post and thought "Redout? That's on spesh at the moment on the PS Store!" then realised i was thinking of Radial G (Redout is $70, Radial G is on spesh). Played Radial G?

Edit; Radial G was $24, and it has VR, so i bought it. Will grab Redout when it comes down in price (i'm a sucker for futuristic racers).
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Haven't played Radial G sorry, but Redout is probably my new favourite sci-fi racer. The geometry for the late level tracks is just insane, and the final level of ships are stupidly quick.
    I've got Radial-G on Steam. I'll have a quick session or two in the coming days and let you know.

2. Post
    tbh a lot of the review gripes are not entirely valid.

the AI is is massively improved and certainly not running on a single path. the reviewer is just flat out wrong here. of course the cars will still do stupid stuff occasionally there's not a racing game out there that you can't make that complaint about.

lack of career mode? if you look at the recent career modes in GT and competing titles, they are just a huge list of "this class, this track, this number pf laps" races thinly veiled as a "career". this is still present in GTS but without the veil. there's a pretty goof variety of events in there compared to competing titles.

can't really with the lack of cars and tracks, although i will say when you get seriously into the online racing you don't really notice it. i was disappointed to see none of the old school GT tracks but i must say the new original tracks are very fun to drive (except for that tiny oval). and the cars, while there's probably 60 different models of the take out the different classes, you can really feel the differences in how they drive.

in the pre-online days of GT you'd spend hours driving the same track over and over improving your time trial time trying to best your friends and rivals from message board or gaming magazines. the game had only just begun after completing the "career" mode. if you're that kind of player and have above average ability you'll probably really enjoy GT sport and it would be an 8ish out of 10 i guess.

if you're of average or less ability and/or if you just want to drive all your favorite cars and have a new car and track for every race and then move on then 6 out of 10 is probably about right. not being a snob it's just a fact of life in this game that the lower your ability the more often you're going to have bad drivers **** up your race. it's by far the biggest frustration of this game. although it's somewhat out of the developers hands despite the attempts to promote clean racing.

i'll also add that the online racing "sportsmanship" improved dramatically after they reduced player numbers in the daily events. the game can handle 20 cars fields just fine but the average player can not. FIA events are still full field currently.

3. Post
    A game that restricts peoples ability to have a positive experience that is catered to their skill level is a flaw, not a strength dude. Forcing people to be online and race in multiplayer to get the full experience of the product isn't a fully fleshed out GT game. It's a prelude. Yes the reviews are harsh, but all the racing games reviews on gp are equally harsh. If you enjoy the game good, but it's a massive no go for some who want a consistent experience with content they don't have to construct themselves.
    There is a reason the word average means average - that's what most players are.... you're effectively saying the bulk of players can't enjoy the game while using it as an argument for people to 'get good.'

4. Post
    lol thats not even what i said. don't know why i bothered.

5. Post
    Its a strength to some a weakness to others, although if I was grouped in with shit players like Forza I'd quit.. Well at least playing online is actually really fun on GT:Sport if you're good enough to rank up. While every video I've seen of Forza its demolition derby online, PC2 not bad but its always same tracks, same cars.. Assetto haven't really touched..

Well no doubt Forza has all other racing games beat in terms of SP content, but I'd still easily rate GT:Sport higher than PC2 & even Assetto - I couldn't even touch PC1/2 SP, Assetto I tried but those damn cars! I'm just hating it.

Reason why I skipped Forza 7 on PC..

Every time I let of the gas the car no matter what speed it just flips out.. That is the worlds most dangerous car to drive. The horrible HDR capture of GT:Sport Porsche at least doesn't handle like that. Choose to skip Forza mostly because of that (loading, FFB, crashing, already got lots of games, etc..). At least till its cheap, that Porsche was the highlight to Forza's reveal and that's how it behaves!?.. Skip.

In terms of car count, Forza wins everything (in content). Still GT:Sport ultimately wins again against Project Cars 2 & Assetto. Project Cars, like GT has doubles of the "same" car road car, GT3, GT4 etc.. Super limited amount of road going cars, good selection of car groups but very very limited, a couple of cars per group except say, GT3 group.. Assetto, seriously? I only like a couple of cars + a couple more in rather expensive DLC packs that I won't get, the mods would make Assetto great, it shouldn't of released on console..
    I'll give PC2 the track list, but Assetto? Its about even with GT:Sport.

So overall, either its been some really shit racing games lately or our exceptions have risen quite high.

I want to give F7 a good go but I'll wait till its cheaper, I'm quite happy with GT:S, done over 24 hrs of racing, haven't even done half of the SP content, so a lot more to munch on & a hell of a lot more MP races to keep me entertained. Haven't touched PC2 except to record stuff since the release of GT & bought Assetto on the recent sale but I really couldn't get into it I'd rather Forza over PC2 & Assetto at least.

So yeah pretty shit lately for racing games, just got to pick what one you prefer out of the crap. Only reason I go back to play some GT6 (before Sport) was to play some epic online races, as it was always different cars, different tracks & pretty well behaved players so of course I'd pick GT over Forza as SP only last so long.

6. Post
    The Porsche in that demo was bugged I noticed how messed up it was too, it's nothing like that in the full game.

JRS I was merely pointing out the problem with saying something isn't a valid a gripe when you're isolating the majority of peoples experience and basing it purely on being better than the average persons ability.

And with any racing game if you rank up out of base tiers the quality of racing gets better. I personally don't know why it's not a consideration to turn collisions off at least for the first 30 seconds or a minute of lowest tier races. I've always found ghost/collision off a good way to learn how to race in a pack without wrecking everyone's race.

7. Post
    Pubcrawl wrote:
    The Porsche in that demo was bugged I noticed how messed up it was too, it's nothing like that in the full game.
    Well, might pick up Forza a bit earlier than expected - also because my flat mate will probably get a XB1 for F7, so I might get it as well.

Pubcrawl wrote:
    JRS I was merely pointing out the problem with saying something isn't a valid a gripe when you're isolating the majority of peoples experience and basing it purely on being better than the average persons ability.

And with any racing game if you rank up out of base tiers the quality of racing gets better. I personally don't know why it's not a consideration to turn collisions off at least for the first 30 seconds or a minute of lowest tier races. I've always found ghost/collision off a good way to learn how to race in a pack without wrecking everyone's race.
    I thought that is what Lobby's are for, it doesn't take much effort to rank up in GT:Sport if you got racing etiquette. Just don't go slamming on the brakes & if you're behind someone brake a bit early & then adjust the braking to match the car in front speed or not if hes flying.. Of course this means someone behind you could slam into you, really its normally done by mistake except that rare person. I can live with that as I don't find it happening too often.

At lower ranks people are slower drivers & its easy to pass them, rank up faster. If you're shit you got to be pretty shit to start having really bad races. (Sadly I did go down some ranks from some mistakes, in other peoples mistakes) but its still damn fun facing those slow drivers, sure one person kept brake testing me in blocking my path but overall I had a blast passing lots of cars unlike the higher ranks (no qualifying time).

Pubcrawl wrote:
    And with any racing game if you rank up out of base tiers the quality of racing gets better. I personally don't know why it's not a consideration to turn collisions off at least for the first 30 seconds or a minute of lowest tier races.
    With any racing game? Except every racing game apart from a few on PC like rRacing, in other games which you're casual gamer will not get into.

Pubcrawl wrote:
    I've always found ghost/collision off a good way to learn how to race in a pack without wrecking everyone's race.
    I think you'd do fine on with collisions on if you just take care while racing - don't try going 100% slow it down a bit so you'll overtake those who are pushing to hard & make mistakes.

8. Post
    Well, might pick up Forza a bit earlier than expected - also because my flat mate will probably get a XB1 for F7, so I might get it as well.
    Keep an eye out on the American XB marketplace, rumour is FM7 is gonna be $40US in the black Friday sales.

9. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    spiel.
    I think you missed the point, it's about making the base level and entry level into a multiplayer dominant title less of a shit show to start off with. Most crashes always happen in the first couple of turns when genuine pace hasn't separated individuals out. I'm saying having some measure of ghost even if only for a short period to start a race is good for casuals (ie the bulk of players) to learn to race cleanly.

10. Post
    Pubcrawl wrote:
    I think you missed the point, it's about making the base level and entry level into a multiplayer dominant title less of a shit show to start off with. Most crashes always happen in the first couple of turns when genuine pace hasn't separated individuals out. I'm saying having some measure of ghost even if only for a short period to start a race is good for casuals (ie the bulk of players) to learn to race cleanly.
    The 'hybrid' ghosting model worked fine from my experience in the beta, and it sure as heck works better than Forza's. It's more the penalty system that's the problem - a slight graze into the wall due to a miscalculated braking zone, even when it only affects you and slows you down, gives a nine second penalty. iRacing's strike system sounds far better tbh.

11. Post
    I still haven't seen any pile up on the first corner, nor anything really bad.. Even the penalty system isn't that horrible, most of the time you still have a few laps to wear down that ~9 seconds without actually slowing down at all. In probably best just to boot it over the finish line even with a couple seconds penalty left actually slowing down is worse.

SR is easy enough to get back up after a few games, getting up to top tier ranks is hard if you don't have the skill, which is good.

Could have improvements, but its also why racing events use replays & judges to determine the outcome instead of first glace / computers. rRacing does it great but its for dedicated players, not really for the masses like GT.