Results 1 to 18 of 18

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    This sounds perfect for me. Never would've taken a look at a Destiny game otherwise.

  3. Post
    #3
    Destiny 2 might be advertised as a multiplayer game, but ~85% is indeed geared towards a solo experience. Bungie don't let you talk to any strangers, you have to have outside pre-existing relationships or be prepared to queue half a lifetime in the "guided game" matchmaking. I can't go to social areas and type into a public chat "LFG nightfall" or "LFG raid" because there's no public chat or any kind. I can't even say "thank you" to the random in a world instance who revived me during a public event because there's no proximity voice or text chat, the best that I can do is emote.

    Bungie doesn't want to you forge relationships whilst playing their game let alone say hello to each other, the end.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 14th November 2017 at 7:29 pm.

  4. Post
    #4
    If you download the Destiny 2 app, all the functionality is in there (transferring items between characters and vault, looking for group for fireteams etc) its just a 'console focused' implementation of these features. Since they don't have keyboards and use voice chat primarily, I feel like this was actually the easier and more logicial way to put these features into the game.

    Unfortunately on PC the social features were neglected, it is an expectation on PC you should be able to do these things from in game.

    Nonetheless, I've spent countless hours already and completed the raid multiple times so much so that it is almost time to shelve it until December 5th and play Battlefront 2 in the meantime.

  5. Post
    #5
    I finally ran a Nightfall with two American dudes, it went well. After dozens of hours in the game it was good to finally get to talk to people!
    Bt wrote:
    looking for group for fireteams etc) its just a 'console focused' implementation of these features. Since they don't have keyboards and use voice chat primarily, I feel like this was actually the easier and more logicial way to put these features into the game.
    LFG in clan chat is only as good as people's schedules. I'm in a NZ-based clan but how many kiwis are going to playing at 7-11am on a weekday? That's often when I'm playing because of my work schedules. I've pretty much no choice but to queue in slow ass guided game matchmaking.

    Unfortunately on PC the social features were neglected, it is an expectation on PC you should be able to do these things from in game.
    With the Destiny series Bungie designed socialisation around "seeking consent" to protect special snowflakes, nothing really to do with "console design mentality" in the slightest.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/23/you...ublic-channel/
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/d...al-multiplayer
    The consequence is you get a really lonely multiplayer centric game that doesn't actually feel like a MP game ¬85% of the time.

  6. Post
    #6
    out of interest, what type of work do you do eva?

  7. Post
    #7
    retail

  8. Post
    #8
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    With the Destiny series Bungie designed socialisation around "seeking consent" to protect special snowflakes, nothing really to do with "console design mentality" in the slightest.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/23/you...ublic-channel/
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/d...al-multiplayer
    The consequence is you get a really lonely multiplayer centric game that doesn't actually feel like a MP game ¬85% of the time.
    Yeah I heard about that but if you grab the app you'll see it isn't as bad as you're making it out imo.

    Either way, I'll flick you a message next time I'm online and doing group content.

  9. Post
    #9
    Bt wrote:
    Either way, I'll flick you a message next time I'm online and doing group content.
    Cheers. You're Archfiend, right?

    I'm still only 275, got to do a bit more grinding before I hit 280 for access to the raid.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/25...53/EvaUnit02NZ

    SirGrim wrote:
    out of interest, what type of work do you do eva?
    Gold farmer in Runescape.

  10. Post
    #10
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Cheers. You're Archfiend, right?

    I'm still only 275, got to do a bit more grinding before I hit 280 for access to the raid.
    That's me. Raid access is 270 but 280 couldn't hurt.

  11. Post
    #11
    Great Article Chris. I've always been interested in Destiny 1 & 2 but was put off by the multiplayer content. I might look at picking this up now

  12. Post
    #12
    Are there Oceanic servers?

  13. Post
    #13
    Corbulo wrote:
    Are there Oceanic servers?
    Its P2P

  14. Post
    #14
    This has to be one of the all time best sentences in a GP article ever

    Playing with yourself does have some downsides, but much like real life, how you manage your expectations around time to completion will go a long way to ensuring you have the most fun.

  15. Post
    #15
    Those first 3 paragraphs could have almost been written by me. They describe how I feel about multiplayer gaming exactly. Now that the only MMO I actually like, Marvel Heroes, has had the plug pulled by Disney, well I'm pretty much back to 100% solo gaming. I'm happy to hear Destiny 2 works so well for this.

  16. Post
    #16
    Ard Righ wrote:
    This has to be one of the all time best sentences in a GP article ever
    There may have been a masturbatory not so subtle subtext in there... or maybe you're just grubby?
    Last edited by ChrisB; 16th November 2017 at 11:44 am.

  17. Post
    #17
    it's not as funny if you come in here and quote yourself

  18. Post
    #18
    but when you explain jokes it makes them funnier! I know this because I explain mine all the time, and people always tell me "yeah that's a funny joke".

    Take that! Logic bombed!

    Removed in any case, because the people (person) have spoken