1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    rofl, the marketing" machine , oh look we know you are disappointed but go ahead and pay first.. we will tweak it later..

"checks sales team, we hit the initial sales target? need more ppl to buy? " Hey all we are so generous and now we will reduce the grind by 25% !!! "checks sales team, ppl are buying again? Good good.. feel the hate flow .. i mean money flow...

3. Post
    @Matt
    Has there been any official statement (or any verification) of the claims that earning rates were also decreased when the costs were reduced?
    I've read reposted comments that the price reduction did very little because you now earn at a much lower rate, essentially making no real change in time to unlock.
    So its all spin to change the optics while still putting up the same walls.

4. Post
    I think the reduction was for the one off campaign reward. It's just a really pathetic decision if nothing else.

5. Post
    4-5 hour shallow, predictable campaign that rewards 10+ days worth of credits the first time. Star cards that are most definitely pay to win due to the insane amount of time it takes to get them (or just pay $2100), but give massive amounts of power. Ingame currency (credit) rewards per match are capped at 500 with a cooldown of 24 hours, that some have found gets worse if you no-life the game too much, leading some to have a cooldown of 48 hours.
    Refunds? What refunds. Have fun finding the button. It's because we took your money (oh wait, crap! Lets edit that out), but if you still want to refund, call support. Have fun waiting for over an hour due to the high amount of calls. Good luck refunding. Oh... someone googled the page the refund button linked to and shared it with all of reddit and now we've been caught out lying again.

Tweak it all they like, the game is plagued by a massive set of scumbag systems that turn what could have been a good multiplayer experience in to an absolute joke, and EA is looking the worst it's looked in years (which isn't saying much).

There is no defending EA this time.

Edit: For the record, didn't pre-order, won't be buying it, I'm just following it very closely.
    Last edited by Tyroki; 16th November 2017 at 1:38 pm.

6. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    @Matt
    Has there been any official statement (or any verification) of the claims that earning rates were also decreased when the costs were reduced?
    I've read reposted comments that the price reduction did very little because you now earn at a much lower rate, essentially making no real change in time to unlock.
    So its all spin to change the optics while still putting up the same walls.
    Sadly, no. EA is just doing the whole "we're listening" etc. If they did tweak the rates downward, I doubt that is something they'd want to highlight anyway.

Hopefully those playing right now can report back soon

7. Post
    i wasnt gonna buy it anyway just cause battlefront 1 was trash

8. Post
    If I see it for heavy sale in the next year or two, I'll likely pick it up to check out the campaign... and maybe the expansion if that dropped and is cheap enough.

9. Post
    Everyone keeps commenting about EA, but i said it to friends and i'll say it here, right now i would say doesn't give a crap about the public view or loss of sales, etc... if i was EA right now i would be more scared of how disney will view this public lashing on one of their big franchises that they spent megabucks on

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    i wasnt gonna buy it anyway just cause battlefront 1 was trash
    Doing your best adding to a thread as always.

11. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Doing your best adding to a thread as always.
    battlefront 2 has even fewer weapons compared to 1 from the wiki page, looks even trashier

12. Post
    From the beta, one of the only thing I liked was being able to spend points you earned on heroes or other such stuff but not enough points per round / rounds went to fast.. Map design was horrible / spawn points, shit weapons all round, flying controls went to shit / everything else bout the game made me want to not buy it except the min or two I played as Chewie just cause GARRRRAAA!!!!..

Not even including those stupid loot boxes & mircotransactions. I played the beta for bout an hour till I was completely bored.

I'll stick to Battlefront 1 if I was to play anymore SW: BF just cause I already have it.

13. Post
    I hope Rockstar is watching carefully. They'd better not **** up RDR2.