1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Pride and accomplishment !

3. Post
    Belgium is now investigating both Battlefront 2 and Overwatch for gambling - if they rule that buying lootboxes = gambling then both games will be pulled from shelves and could mark a major change in the industry

4. Post
    Refund requests were huge. Th ea

5. Post
    Good ole switcheroo, bring it back later in full force and screw people over because they can't refund after 48h lol

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Belgium is now investigating both Battlefront 2 and Overwatch for gambling - if they rule that buying lootboxes = gambling then both games will be pulled from shelves and could mark a major change in the industry
    So 'We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases.' is a thinly veiled 'abort before we get in doo-doo'?

7. Post
    " it's clear that many of you feel there are still challenges in the design,"

Ah, love that big corporation PR understatement.

8. Post
    lol

9. Post
    Battlefront? More like Storefront.

10. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    Battlefront? More like Storefront.
    ha har - this

I'll bet the pre-orders are less than half of what Battlefront 1 was. I know I haven't pre-ordered like battlefront1. That'll be the only thing making them dial back their sweet sweet micro-transaction bonanza plans

This is due to lack of depth/progression/content battlefront 1 & disturbing true (as it turns out) rumors about pay to win/price gouging/micro-trans like it was a free IOS game monetizing system.

Don't just imitate overwatch, fukn get it right. Its not hard to workout why overwatch is such a success. Built amazing game first, then gave people option of gettin more random loot boxes with RL monies. Only if you wanted to, no compulsion (apart form inherent desire to collect all amazing skins for each event) Needs to be something cool that doesn't skew the game-play

Reminds me a bit of the Xbone launch

"we're gonna do all this restrictive shit you're gonna hate" too " it's clear that many of you feel there are still challenges in the design... so we're now doing exactly what Playstation is doing"

11. Post
    "The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we've made changes to the game."

Buy the game! Buy the game! Buy the game! And once you've all been sucked into the roiling cash vortex that is EA, we'll switch all the transactions back on again, and you'll be doomed, doomed, doomed! Muahahahaha!

Anyone who falls for this is a muppet.

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    That just removes the game from belgiums shelves, the industry wont change, just belgium getting left out of the market, its too much easy money, and that money is counted in some games towards actually improving the game and server monthly... do you really think the industry will change because some people dont have any control over their economy? If you choose to buy lootboxes rather than paying your bills, maby gambling isnt your issue? Think it might be more of an intelligence issue that

13. Post
    They'll have to change it so loot boxes aren't random dice rolls anymore.It will be just straight out Pay to Win.Buy box 5 to get Darth Vader or box 2 to get uber gun number 3.

14. Post
    Nice to see DICE are listening to fan feedback I will be getting the game regardless of loot crates as the SP campaign is quite good and is worth the purchase price on its own.

15. Post
    Apparently the CEO of Disney met up with the CEO of EA just before microtransactions were suspended. So obviously Disney pressured EA to suspend this shit to stop dragging the SW brand though the mud, & not because EA actually care about consumers.

16. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Apparently the CEO of Disney met up with the CEO of EA just before microtransactions were suspended. So obviously Disney pressured EA to suspend this shit to stop dragging the SW brand though the mud, & not because EA actually care about consumers.

HAH copypasta of my post from the other thread

darc9999 wrote:
    Everyone keeps commenting about EA, but i said it to friends and i'll say it here, right now i would say doesn't give a crap about the public view or loss of sales, etc... if i was EA right now i would be more scared of how disney will view this public lashing on one of their big franchises that they spent megabucks on

17. Post
    Demonshiver wrote:
    That just removes the game from belgiums shelves, the industry wont change, just belgium getting left out of the market, its too much easy money, and that money is counted in some games towards actually improving the game and server monthly... do you really think the industry will change because some people dont have any control over their economy? If you choose to buy lootboxes rather than paying your bills, maby gambling isnt your issue? Think it might be more of an intelligence issue that
    Gambling is recognized as an addictive activity, like drinking and smoking. I'd say gambling is exactly the issue. Are alcoholics and smokers all just stupid too?

18. Post
    dont ever mess with the bogeyman

Disney Disney Disney

19. Post
    I just wish they would make a gad dam Battlefront game instead of these last 2 things they made. Battlefront should be Battlefield but Starwars, plain and simple. I don't get why they are trying to make it different.

20. Post
    Demonshiver wrote:
    This and the UK telling the body they have that regulars gambling in the UK that they are to look in to the MT and LB systems as-well signals a bigger change coming. Remember, as big as company's are, Governments still are the ed point of all power given to them. And your forgetting that Belgium is part of the EU, witch means it could end up becoming EU standed, witch would have a huge impact on the way EA deals with FIFA, given that the EU is the manger point of sale for those games.

21. Post
    Jagji56 wrote:
    I just wish they would make a gad dam Battlefront game instead of these last 2 things they made. Battlefront should be Battlefield but Starwars, plain and simple. I don't get why they are trying to make it different.
    Eh? Battlefront should be Battlefront like it was originally and not Star War Battlefield that they're trying to make into. They're not trying to make it different at all.

22. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Pride and accomplishment !
    lol. Pride and accomplishment vs. impatience and disposable income