1. Post
    star citizen - is that game in developer hell? it feels like it will never come out

2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    star citizen - is that game in developer hell? it feels like it will never come out
    It's shuffling along and Squadron 42 is actually sounding like it's getting somewhere (the SP campaign game that's stand alone, sets up the PU).

I predict 2019 for Squadron 42 and 2020 for the persistent universe, there or thereabouts.....hopefully

3. Post
    Just play Eve Online bruh

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Just play Eve Online bruh
    Microsoft Excel vs. an actual first person simulation with body awareness, completely different experience.

5. Post
    Eve Online is pretty immersive actually.

6. Post
    Name:  geralt-cp.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  239.2 KB

7. Post
    ^Awesome!

8. Post
    Rumoured to be FPS-RPG immersive sim like Deus Ex. YES, YES, YES, first person perspective is best perspective.

9. Post
    Definitely should be first person - surprised that they were even considering not having that, until I remembered all the Witcher games are obviously 3rd person.

10. Post
    Idk I was kinda hoping it would be Witcher inspired. Not keen on another deus ex clone.

11. Post
    Bit hard to not be closer to Deus Ex than Witcher given the subject matter.

12. Post
    Witcher has some of the worst combat I've that ever experienced in a game. To distance themselves from that garbage is for the best.

13. Post
    Probably be weird if it was a melee based combat system too given the setting.

14. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Witcher has some of the worst combat I've that ever experienced in a game. To distance themselves from that garbage is for the best.
    Agreed on the combat.

15. Post
    The movement in Witcher 3 was pretty bad overall (even the alternate scheme wasn't great)

16. Post
    Why not both ala Fallout?

17. Post
    Third person view in Bethsoft games is always a tacked on joke. Why even bother if you're not going to do it well?

18. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Third person view in Bethsoft games is always a tacked on joke. Why even bother if you're not going to do it well?
    I think I threw up in my mouth the first time I went 3rd person in Fallout 3.

19. Post
    Yeah in Beth games 3rd person = Jank Central. They said they improved it for 4, but it was still pretty skatey.

20. Post
    Bethesda need to get rid of Gamebryo

21. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Idk I was kinda hoping it would be Witcher inspired. Not keen on another deus ex clone.
    Genuine question, What are the other Deus ex clones? Tbh scifi/futuristic is one of my favourite setting so keen on giving anything a shot.

22. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Genuine question, What are the other Deus ex clones? Tbh scifi/futuristic is one of my favourite setting so keen on giving anything a shot.
    He's full of shit, immersive sims are rarely made.

23. Post
    I'm not keen on my RPGs being twitch based shooters thanks...

24. Post
    I reckon they could make it a 3rd person story based ARPG shooter. But however having a FPS rpg sounds good to me as well.

25. Post
    There is a lot of melee in Cyberpunk. Interested to see if that makes a difference to the perspective being used. 1st person for ranged/energy weapons and abilities makes sense, but 1st person melee is kinda universally terrible.