Page 12 of 12 First ... 29101112

1. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    I hope not. Paragon/Renegade was the only thing I didn't like about Mass Effect; you'd hope that CDPR enjoy shades of grey a bit more.
    There was no moustache-twirling evil choices in ME, you were either a virtuous girl scout or a chaotic good bitch. "Cream and white" would be a more apt label for ME's moral choices.

2. Post
    Yeah I mean you still saved the world but you were a dick about it

3. Post
    KOTOR had the most hilarious good/evil divide. You were either a baby murdering villain with your skin literally dropping off your face, or an angelic citizen with glowing skin. You were evil "just because". It was great fun though. Sometimes it's just fun to be a total murdering jerkwad.

4. Post
    Oh yeah. It was even more broken if you tried to play KOTOR grey. You would have to keep swapping between good and evil solutions to quests to try and balance them out. It was like playing with split personality disorder. ME was the worst for this though because you had those paragon/renegade level checks which strongly discouraged you from mixing up between them.

I think this sort of thing plays out best when your relationship with people or organisations depends on the specific actions you took, rather than how far you've swung on some pendulum. I think alpha protocol handed it fairly well.

5. Post
    At least with KOTOR some of your party members would eventually try to kill you if you were flat out evil (or couldn't be used in the final battle if you were good).

6. Post
    Those kinds of morality levels always annoyed me, because I feel like they actually removed choice. You made one choice at the start of the game, to go paragon/renegade, good/evil or whatever, and then that dictated your dialogue responses for the rest of the game. If you didn't go full one way or the other you generally lost out on something somewhere.

7. Post
    The dialogue choices in ME2 & 3 were shit. It didn't matter how you responded the NPC you were talking too always seemed to agree so it didn't even make a difference how you responded.

8. Post
    CoRk wrote:
    Oh yeah. It was even more broken if you tried to play KOTOR grey. You would have to keep swapping between good and evil solutions to quests to try and balance them out. It was like playing with split personality disorder. ME was the worst for this though because you had those paragon/renegade level checks which strongly discouraged you from mixing up between them.
    Soan wrote:
    Those kinds of morality levels always annoyed me, because I feel like they actually removed choice. You made one choice at the start of the game, to go paragon/renegade, good/evil or whatever, and then that dictated your dialogue responses for the rest of the game. If you didn't go full one way or the other you generally lost out on something somewhere.
    That's why I thought that ME2 throwing a lot of the RPG bloat was a good thing:- it erased shit that didn't make sense like the hugely gamified morality skill checks which limited your story RP'ing; weapon proficiency overriding skill-based aiming (you're playing as an elite special force soldier, you shouldn't be shit at aiming a pistol!).

9. Post
    Is this the main Cyberpunk 2077 thread? Anyway CDPR released a new behind the scenes vid.

10. Post
    PS with the exclusive not XBOX?

11. Post
    jords wrote:
    PS with the exclusive not XBOX?
    I bet that Xbots are having a meltdown on Twitter about this!

12. Post
    Development is far from over..so could be quite a ways off from being finished, 2 years or more I reckon.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/cyberpunk...far-from-over/

13. Post
    if i was getting this on pc or xbox i don't think i would care much about who's logo is on some marketing video

14. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Development is far from over..so could be quite a ways off from being finished, 2 years or more I reckon.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/cyberpunk...far-from-over/
    That article is based entirely on the last line of the video posted just above.

Reality is we have no idea when it will be out, we likely won't have a better idea until E3 in June.

15. Post
    JRS wrote:
    if i was getting this on pc or xbox i don't think i would care much about who's logo is on some marketing video
    Obviously we don't care, but to fanboys who define their personal identities with a specific corporation's plastic game box? It means everything.

16. Post
    Release is still some ways away i think. It looks like a massive and complicated game. My guess is late 2020 at the earliest, probably 2021.