1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Considering the Star Cards are the pay to win aspect that requires 4k+ hours to get all and upgrade them all, and a disgusting amount of loot boxes to get there...

Star Cards are the 'pay to win' aspect, now less 'pay' thanks to EA backing the hell up. They're not just small boosts. They're game-breaking boosts.

3. Post
    Really a 7?

4. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Really a 7?
    Nah, just jokes eh

5. Post
    You have to rub your screen with lemon juice to reveal the hidden score underneath.

6. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    You have to rub your screen with lemon juice to reveal the hidden score underneath.
    <squeezes citrus>

...wait what it's a NINE?!

7. Post
    Weird, mine just says "go outside, loser"

This site really... has my number

<sunglasses>
    (for outside)

8. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Ahh good there's the 0 it deserves.

9. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Ahh good there's the 0 it deserves.
    Make sure you let you feelings be known on Steam and Metacritic! Those places need the kind of nuance only you, a guy who has definitely played the game, can provide
    Last edited by Pickle Rick; 22nd November 2017 at 3:49 pm. Reason: extra hot sauce

10. Post
    I bought this for my 9 year old nephew and niece to play, they loved the first game. Hopefully they get the same enjoyment out of this one

11. Post
    zippy wrote:
    I bought this for my 9 year old nephew and niece to play, they loved the first game. Hopefully they get the same enjoyment out of this one
    If my Star War-obsessed son (not that I indoctrinated him or anything, ahem) is any indication, it will be good times all round.

12. Post
    Game itself, mechanically, looks much more solid than the first, which was probably my biggest problem with it. Killing baddies just felt unsatisfying and the battlefield pick-ups for ships and heroes were ****ing stupid.

The best part of the first was how amazingly well it ran and magnificent it looked and sounded. It really felt like you were in a galaxy far, far away, right in the middle of the battle of Hoth or wherever.

But man they really screwed the pooch on their microtransaction strategy there. I wonder if they would've gotten away with it if they'd just gone the Battlefield route and had one-time payments for direct shortcuts rather than the whole loot box malarkey but even then, it only really goes unnoticed with Battlefield because, by and large, you aren't unlocking things that are 100% better in every situation all of the time AND, I mean, it isn't a decision between paying and playing Darth Vader vs not paying and playing everyone's favourite bounty hunter Bossk.

I really hope this is another step towards a purely cosmetic system for microtransactions. The first time I actually encountered something like this was with CoD : Black Ops 3, when they put all the new weapons into loot crates as super-rare drops. Which was particularly disappointing because I was thoroughly enjoying the game...

I feel like they could've predicted the horribly volatile reaction one gets from simultaneously slighting both gamers and Star Wars fans, lol.

Will probably grab this if my friends are on board too, will be fun to get drunk and smash some galactic assault without caring too much about the silly star card shenanigans.
    Last edited by Skorky; 22nd November 2017 at 4:39 pm.

13. Post
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    Make sure you let you feelings be known on Steam and Metacritic! Those places need the kind of nuance only you, a guy who has definitely played the game, can provide
    Nah I haven't actually played it.

14. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    <snip>.
    Nailed it.

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Nah I haven't actually played it.
    Got a genuine LOL from this, cheers

16. Post
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    Got a genuine LOL from this, cheers
    Laughs are cheap man, I'm going for gasps.

17. Post
    The game is beautiful. The first hour I played it, I was just looking at everything. The art is simply amazing.

However, the game just feels hollow. This isn't even the loot boxes. The progression just seems ****ed up. They should have followed a Battlefield system, like BF3.

18. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    The game is beautiful. The first hour I played it, I was just looking at everything. The art is simply amazing.

However, the game just feels hollow. This isn't even the loot boxes. The progression just seems ****ed up. They should have followed a Battlefield system, like BF3.
    I played the Beta on both PS4 & PC.
    Played day one, was fun
    Played day three and on both systems the game was pathetically unbalanced due to the other players unlocking better star card boosts.

Missing one day of the beta I realized this was either a 24/7 or die miserable cause unbalanced.
    Decided then I wasn't buying and then the loot box fiasco exploded - final nail in the coffin till bargain bin day for me.