Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 66

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    I hit massive frame rate drops on Assassins Creed: Origins on my 1080p TV which was concerning as there wasn't much happening on screen to warrant it. I've noticed marginally better load times on Destiny 2 which is nice. Won't get to see the full benefits until I get a 4K TV after Christmas. I'm glad I got in early to get the Scorpio Edition but in hindsight I could have waited; it does nothing (at the moment) to warrant the upgrade from my Day One Xbox One.

  3. Post
    #3
    It's a much better upgrade from the Xbox One S. I've noticed games load faster and look awesome. And as noticed by Matt some of the CGI scenes can look a bit out of wack due to being made in 1080p. This is my go to console for multi platform games and hopefully first party games.


  4. Post
    #5
    ^ That is all development issues not the one x. Poor optimisation shouldn't be put on hardware.

  5. Post
    #6
    Oh dear

    There goes Eva posting like a twat again

    Seriously though - maybe they should have played it before they released it

  6. Post
    #7
    lmao Eva loves these crumbside youtubers lol. They speak the truth though.

  7. Post
    #8
    They really need to remove the 4k enhanced stuff from the Microsoft Store for PUBG.

  8. Post
    #9
    ckc wrote:
    They really need to remove the 4k enhanced stuff from the Microsoft Store for PUBG.
    then they need to remove it from a bunch of other games as well and so does sony - cause most of the games on both systems aren't 4k

  9. Post
    #10
    SirGrim wrote:
    then they need to remove it from a bunch of other games as well and so does sony - cause most of the games on both systems aren't 4k
    If you go to the Xbox Store for console it'll tell you which games are 4k ultra HD (have 4k textures, aims for 30fps at 4k), HDR, or are otherwise enhanced (that would mean you can do things like choose graphics settings, prefer framerate, resolution, textures etc). With every other one I've tried it's been one of those things but PUBG is advertising itself as all of those things but it's at best HDR. It doesn't have 4k textures and it runs like shit.

  10. Post
    #11
    Can't wait for the PUBG review

  11. Post
    #12
    X1X = Uncompromised.


  12. Post
    #13
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    X1X = Uncompromised.
    You've posted the same thing twice, and it wasn't even relevant the first time. Please go away

  13. Post
    #14
    Eva is the Blackbond of GP Forums lol. He just keeps harping on about the same shit lol.

  14. Post
    #15
    Nevar 4get

  15. Post
    #16
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    You've posted the same thing twice, and it wasn't even relevant the first time. Please go away
    I think an Xbox might have banged his sister a few years ago

  16. Post
    #17
    Good writeup Matt. I honestly feel like they need more exclusives. I got an OG Xbone for Halo/Gears/Forza, but Forza/Gears are now on PC, and there's no word on when we'll see Halo 6. :/

    They also have smaller playerbases on any popular fps compared to other platforms, but I don't really play those games much anymore.

  17. Post
    #18
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    You've posted the same thing twice, and it wasn't even relevant the first time. Please go away
    Just ban him, no one will miss it.

  18. Post
    #19
    jords wrote:
    Just ban him, no one will miss it.
    That would be like banning Winter. Sure Winter can be cold, miserable and all together bleak and depressing but without winter we wouldn't have spring and nothing would grow.

    Besides, everyone has their down days where they piss people off (some more than others). If Matt banned them all there would be no one left

  19. Post
    #20
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Good writeup Matt. I honestly feel like they need more exclusives. I got an OG Xbone for Halo/Gears/Forza, but Forza/Gears are now on PC, and there's no word on when we'll see Halo 6. :/

    They also have smaller playerbases on any popular fps compared to other platforms, but I don't really play those games much anymore.
    I use to feel like that. And I pretty much just had a PS4 because everyone else had one. But I've now realized the only exclusive I'm interested in is last of us and only interested in forza on xbox. Everything else is multi platform

  20. Post
    #21
    gooseman77 wrote:
    That would be like banning Winter. Sure Winter can be cold, miserable and all together bleak and depressing but without winter we wouldn't have spring and nothing would grow.

    Besides, everyone has their down days where they piss people off (some more than others). If Matt banned them all there would be no one left
    that was beautiful

  21. Post
    #22
    ludez wrote:
    I use to feel like that. And I pretty much just had a PS4 because everyone else had one. But I've now realized the only exclusive I'm interested in is last of us and only interested in forza on xbox. Everything else is multi platform
    ludez knows

    As 99% of games are multi platform you are far better off either owning a One X or, if you can be bothered/afford it, a PC. Then pick up a cheap OG PS4 for the PS4 exclusives that looks good.

  22. Post
    #23
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    ludez knows

    As 99% of games are multi platform you are far better off either owning a One X or, if you can be bothered/afford it, a PC. Then pick up a cheap OG PS4 for the PS4 exclusives that looks good.
    I went the PC route - but its not as cheap as just getting a One X. With the One X you have to sacrifice, its not all sunshine and roses either - most of the time you're dealing with low framerates but its still amazing value if that's all you can afford. I went PC because I liked the idea of getting higher resolutions up to 4k, but I felt like I also wanted higher framerates to match that visual experience, to give me something really making it worth playing a multiplat game over the ps4 pro - but it cost me way more than a One X, I could have purchased several One X machines for the same money, but what I got does blow it out of the water as well, now I've got an almost guarantee to run all multiplats at native 4k and rock solid 60fps with no sacrifices

  23. Post
    #24
    SirGrim wrote:
    I went the PC route - but its not as cheap as just getting a One X. With the One X you have to sacrifice, its not all sunshine and roses either - most of the time you're dealing with low framerates but its still amazing value if that's all you can afford. I went PC because I liked the idea of getting higher resolutions up to 4k, but I felt like I also wanted higher framerates to match that visual experience, to give me something really making it worth playing a multiplat game over the ps4 pro - but it cost me way more than a One X, I could have purchased several One X machines for the same money, but what I got does blow it out of the water as well, now I've got an almost guarantee to run all multiplats at native 4k and rock solid 60fps with no sacrifices
    Of course there's sacrifices, you sacrificed a shit load more money, and you get all the downsides of buying a gaming laptop.

  24. Post
    #25
    zippy wrote:
    Of course there's sacrifices, you sacrificed a shit load more money, and you get all the downsides of buying a gaming laptop.
    I didn't get a laptop, I got a desktop instead - more power for the same money, kept my old laptop for work

    I dont see money as a sacrifice, its more of an opportunity cost - I can replace money, but it's impossible to later improve/replace performance on the console - that's why I see it as a sacrifice
    Last edited by SirGrim; 15th December 2017 at 2:09 pm.