1. Post
    Ended up being easy in the end.

kopkiwi wrote:
    Shit umpire is shit.
    I got arrested by umpire Chris Brown once when I was a kid and he was a cop (nothing came of it). Everyone who knows him calls him Charlie Brown.

2. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    If we brought back Australia over here I don't even think they would beat us with the combined form our team is in.
    Hey now, let's not get silly.

3. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Remember I said in our conditions.

In 2017 we played them over here in the Chappell Hadlee and won 2-0

I think we would be hard pressed to beat them over there in Australia. Unless Latham/Nicholls came off - which is unlikely.

4. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Remember I said in our conditions.

In 2017 we played them over here in the Chappell Hadlee and won 2-0

I think we would be hard pressed to beat them over there in Australia. Unless Latham/Nicholls came off - which is unlikely.
    Also look at our team. 4 of our guys are in the argument for the world odi xi

Specifically boult Ross Kane guptil

And excitingly if Santner can learn to stop farting around at the start of his batting innings then he could potentially make the world team as well. Again not right now, but if his batting IQ develops.

5. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    In tests maybe not, but in ODI's we've won the last two C-H series in NZ...

6. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    3rd post in a row

Dunedin on Saturday is supposed to be fine weather
    Thank ****

7. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Wrighty makes a good point, Aussie are not that great, poms were total shite in the Ashes series, they looked about as pathetic as the West Indies were.

8. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Santner is nearly as good as Vettori overall already, he averages a touch more with the ball and goes for a little bit more (modern game you can understand) but his bowling is just as good for me. Batting certainly isn't any worse, I'd say better at the same stage. Average of 24 vs Dan's 17. Santner is more athletic in the field for sure, but Dan had safer hands. My question is why are we judging Santner's ODI batting far more harshly that we ever did with Dan? If he got runs in ODI's it was a bonus, Santner is doing his job with the ball.

Very fair point about us judging Santner's ODI batting too harshly... he's a really good all-round asset for NZ, for a bloke that's clearly a well focused player it's very surprising at times that he drops some pretty easy catches, yet takes some absolutely spectacular catches as well, easy fix though, just needs to concentrate more on his catching & probably technique a bit too.

9. Post
    Vettori was a pretty crappy batsman for the first half of his career.

Mitch is ok but he promised more than the reality when he first came into the team. He even said he considered himself a batting all rounder at one point.

10. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Vettori was a pretty crappy batsman for the first half of his career.

Mitch is ok but he promised more than the reality when he first came into the team. He even said he considered himself a batting all rounder at one point.
    He may well end up that way, but in the mean time he makes the white-ball teams on his bowling alone, easily. Serious like-for-like replacement for Vettori at the right time.

Not sure about his test match credentials - but he's still the best option there I feel. Not a #6 yet though. Not that easy being a spinner in NZ, or many places to be fair.

11. Post
    In the article below Williamson mentions he's looking for improvement in our death bowling, Bennett is one of our best death bowlers, he should be in the bloody squad anyway... Wagner is another one good at the death, think he's out injured though ?

Name:  B - Cricket shot.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  2.0 KB
    3rd ODI
    Sat-13th Jan : {Dunedin} - 11am
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...g-in-third-odi

NZ : Kane Williamson (c), Todd Astle, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Colin de Grandhomme, Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Colin Munro, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor.

PAKISTAN (possible XI) : Fakhar Zaman, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Muhammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Aamir Yameen, Aamir Yameen.

Odds : NZ $1.35 - Pakistan $3.00
    https://www.tab.co.nz/sport/#game/26...akistan3rd-odi

12. Post
    Wagner is horrible with the white ball, if he was good at the death he wouldn't be going for 10-12 RPO this super smash. He went for 68 off 4 overs the other day. Rance is the guy you want bowling at the death, he has the most consistent and accurate yorker.

Wagner has been dropped a few times from Otago, Bennett is injured. Wheeler would be an option if he stopped getting injured.

https://scoring.nzc.nz/livescoring/m...scorecard.aspx

2-19 off 3 at Puke park is quite an effort really. That in-swinging yorker to get Ronchi for a duck :O Ronchi back in form with twin ducks.
    Last edited by <N>; 13th January 2018 at 12:15 am.

13. Post
    Haven't seen that much of the domestic stuff this year, very surprised Wagner is bowling as crappy as that, has a very accurate yorker & is normally pretty consistent with those sort of deliveries... anyway, blokes like Boult and Southee need to be putting in more hard yakka to become better death bowlers.

14. Post
    Yeah, top effort by Rance on Pukekura Park, which is a pretty small ground, great that he has the ability to bowl an in-swinging yorker.

15. Post
    fuuuu no CDG

16. Post
    finally someone knows how to use their arms

17. Post
    That really is a woeful shot.

18. Post
    He's not having a great series.
    Last edited by Galent; 13th January 2018 at 11:22 am.

19. Post
    **** should of slayed it through covers

20. Post
    lovely shots there from gup

21. Post
    Outfield is slow af.

22. Post
    Loving this HD

23. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Loving this HD
    is this sarcasm?