GPOD Plays Risk

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 7 of 13 First ... 45678910 ... Last

1. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Game 2 seems like I'm in a no-win situation now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I found out what the deal is with Generals. They're for having a premium account. So they're literally a Pay to Win unit, lol.
    lol, dirty

2. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    you should never play to win always ends in disappointment...

...the trick is playing to not lose. that way you can pick what it is you're aiming for, once everything starts going tits-up

3. Post
    DW guys, I still have NFI what I'm doing

4. Post
    teelo7 wrote:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I found out what the deal is with Generals. They're for having a premium account. So they're literally a Pay to Win unit, lol.
    I'm not premium? I'd never pay for a web based game lol (ok maybe runescape in the good old days).

5. Post
    /shrug, just going off what their guides say. They say that premium accounts get Generals.

6. Post
    I played this years ago when we first did it on GPOD but I have no memory of paying or signing up for a premium account. I would think it would be a subscription rather than a one off payment too but idk..

7. Post
    only one downside to playing "capture all cities" - the games take forever for things to get moving.

anyone want to do a third game playing for capitals instead? i'd set it up but playing on mobile so it's all a bit hard to sort out.

8. Post
    I wanted to get a third game going using a custom map with this sort of idea but need a premium account to use the map editor. Oh well.

9. Post
    So basically you need to be available to log on and make your moves immediately as soon as it's a new turn otherwise you'll always be at a disadvantage

10. Post
    Game number 3 up!

https://atwar-game.com/games/?link=0935588728

Something a bit different: 3 teams, Asia + Pacific, only 3k starting funds so you can only choose a small country to start off - capture capital and hold for 2 turns to win.

I'll start the game when each team has 2 people - Teelo you've disappeared, I don't think you saved lol.

LOW CASH - pick a country that spawns a lot and is less than 2.5k
    Last edited by Therk; 14th January 2018 at 6:51 pm.

11. Post
    Therk wrote:
    I'll start the game when each team has 2 people - Teelo you've disappeared, I don't think you saved lol.
    I picked a country then clicked Ready. There was no option to save after that.

12. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I picked a country then clicked Ready. There was no option to save after that.
    I've started the game so you should be fine now.

13. Post
    How do you surrender? I can't find seem to find the option.

14. Post
    Top right.

15. Post
    im kinda tempted to surrender in the third game, I just know im gonna get smoked by Therk before i get a chance to gain any useful ground.

16. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Top right.
    Thought I was going blind, didn't realize I needed to click the exit button first.

17. Post
    4wd wrote:
    im kinda tempted to surrender in the third game, I just know im gonna get smoked by Therk before i get a chance to gain any useful ground.
    go for india?

18. Post
    Konev wrote:
    go for india?
    Therk will take his capital though then it's over for him?
    Last edited by 12234; 15th January 2018 at 11:47 pm.

19. Post
    12234 wrote:
    Therk will take his capital though then it's over for him?
    this

20. Post
    French Blitzkrieg in game 1

My suggestion to the Aussies and NZers in game 3 is to set up on the mainland before my team secures it because then you are screwed.

21. Post
    Therk wrote:

My suggestion to the Aussies and NZers in game 3 is to set up on the mainland before my team secures it because then you are screwed.
    also this

22. Post
    Its ok, I only wanted the good part of Australia.

23. Post
    Guest12943 is an AFK random player I suspect :\

24. Post
    Yeah picking Australia was a dumb idea. Left no money left to actually make any use of it. ThreatDD is going to conquer my lands soon.

I'm not enjoying these giant cluster**** games though. Can we get a Game #4 going with only 2 teams? Maybe call it something silly like SOCTS vs CEPP?

25. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Yeah picking Australia was a dumb idea. Left no money left to actually make any use of it. ThreatDD is going to conquer my lands soon.

I'm not enjoying these giant cluster**** games though. Can we get a Game #4 going with only 2 teams? Maybe call it something silly like SOCTS vs CEPP?
    The Realm of New Zealand is not interested in the conquest of further Australian soil. We will restore the pacific to its true glory and erase the stain of communism from the region.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk