GPOD Plays Risk

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 8 of 13 First ... 567891011 ... Last

1. Post
    yep, aussie was indeed a bad idea, ah well.

2. Post
    Want to create another game of 2v2 Therk?

3. Post
    I'd be quite keen on something like game #2, in a different area, playing for capitals instead.

and without the low cash like #3.

4. Post
    Hokay so say North America 2 teams of 3 playing for capitals no low cash (maybe 5k instead of 10k?)

5. Post
    Therk wrote:
    Hokay so say North America 2 teams of 3 playing for capitals no low cash (maybe 5k instead of 10k?)
    sounds good

6. Post
    Sounds good.

7. Post

8. Post
    Therk you really need to use the game option "Instant Join" when you make long term games.

9. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Therk you really need to use the game option "Instant Join" when you make long term games.
    I have no idea how to do that or what it even is lol

Btw have noticed that you are premium. Please keep games to vanilla units/strategies only to keep things fair.

10. Post
    Premium doesn't give me any extra units aside from the starting general.

I got it to get access to the map editor. Turns out the ****ing map editor is broken at the moment. Waste of money.

11. Post
    I have no idea how to do that or what it even is lol
    It means we can build on the first turn. Without it, we can't. And so you get an extra turn over the rest of us cause you were the only one in the game when you created it.

Attached Images

12. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    It means we can build on the first turn. Without it, we can't. And so you get an extra turn over the rest of us cause you were the only one in the game when you created it.
    I don't get an extra turn afaik? I usually create a game and wait till a few people join before I go ahead with anything. I can tick instant joining next time if it makes a difference?

edit: We all just had a turn and everyone has made a move as well as me? No extra turn as far as I can see.
    Last edited by Therk; 18th January 2018 at 8:08 pm.

13. Post
    Also if you only want us using standard units, check "Disable Upgrades". Not sure about Strategies. All the premium strategies actually suck, lol.

14. Post
    game 4 is stupid. Map is bad and therk has already won

15. Post
    threatD wrote:
    game 4 is stupid. Map is bad and therk has already won
    I asked beforehand and everybody was happy with map. NA only is too small for 6+ players. How have I won? Its the first turn lol.

16. Post
    If it's 2v3 it will be fine, otherwise it could be a challenge. It makes it interesting I guess
    Last edited by 12234; 18th January 2018 at 10:09 pm.

17. Post
    i think im going to have to resurrect my laptop for game #4. stupid mobile version won't scroll down to show the move units button.

teelo7 wrote:
    Premium doesn't give me any extra units aside from the starting general.

I got it to get access to the map editor. Turns out the ****ing map editor is broken at the moment. Waste of money.
    check out mr pay-to-win over here..

"...oh no, i just got it for the map editor...honest..."

Last edited by 4wd; 18th January 2018 at 10:06 pm.

18. Post
    Like I said, the only actual "pay to win" thing I get is the general, and its literally just a 1/1 unit. Doesn't change anything.

19. Post
    Therk wrote:
    Please keep games to vanilla units/strategies only to keep things fair.

quoted for posterity.

imo that means not using units you've unlocked with SP points.

in the interest of keeping things fair and all.

20. Post
    mhmm
    teelo7 wrote:
    if you only want us using standard units, check "Disable Upgrades".

21. Post
    there's not a whole lot of point playing to the rules when the guy making them isnt.

22. Post
    4wd wrote:
    quoted for posterity.

imo that means not using units you've unlocked with SP points.

in the interest of keeping things fair and all.
    Thats correct. Nothing unlocked with SP points.

teelo7 wrote:
    mhmm
    I wasn't aware of this option. That will be done in future games. If people use non vanilla units when its explicitly not allowed as almost everyone doesn't have premium I'm happy to exclude those people (as long as everyone agrees).

4wd wrote:
    there's not a whole lot of point playing to the rules when the guy making them isnt.
    Is this directed at me?

23. Post
    Game 1 - You guys may want to Ally as at this stage its not looking good for you

24. Post
    Therk wrote:
    Thats correct. Nothing unlocked with SP points.

I wasn't aware of this option. That will be done in future games. If people use non vanilla units when its explicitly not allowed as almost everyone doesn't have premium I'm happy to exclude those people (as long as everyone agrees).

Is this directed at me?
    game 1. you're using troops that arent available to all players.

obviously generals aren't an issue due to them being practically worthless.
    Last edited by 4wd; 20th January 2018 at 9:07 am.

25. Post
    4wd wrote:
    game 1. you're using troops that arent available to all players.

obviously generals aren't an issue due to them being practically worthless.
    Please point out which troops these are. I'm using tanks for pretty much everything.