Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

1. Post

kidney stone megathread

So there been discussion amongst've the 35+ year olds about these things and to be honest with my lifestyle I'm terrified I'm due one in a few years. Any tips avoiding them? I drink beer most evenings but I am a fairly good water drinker (2L a day, minimum) however I am scared it's not enough. Also, how good is the morphine? Is it even worth the opiate addiction?

2. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    So there been discussion amongst've the 35+ year olds about these things and to be honest with my lifestyle I'm terrified I'm due one in a few years. Any tips avoiding them? I drink beer most evenings but I am a fairly good water drinker (2L a day, minimum) however I am scared it's not enough. Also, how good is the morphine? Is it even worth the opiate addiction?
    I kinda have the same worry, and i'll be 45 this year. Am cutting down on the booze, drinking a lot more water, but sodium is my weakness; love my salt. No sign of them yet though, so here's hoping whatever else i'm doing is enough to keep them at bay.

They sound seriously debilitating.

3. Post
    OMG ... tha "yungins" ar dinking long term ... wha'ver happ'ed to thar YOLO

4. Post
    Also, any chance Netflix will stop showing characters that are getting them throughout their original TV shows? I wouldn't want my kids seeing that they exist, let alone that I might get one myself.

5. Post
    you sound crippled by fear.

6. Post
    Had one 6 years back.

Morphine is wonderful.

7. Post
    Morphine is great, it won't help with kidney stones though. You should probably just stretch out your urethra in preparation for the stones. Work your way up to a sharpie and I reckon you'll pee gravel without noticing.

8. Post
    Take mutton’s advise

Or just cut down the salt and drink lots of water

9. Post
    Apparently diet doesn't even come into it? Doctor said he says health junkies and Fatty's get them.

Sent from my m3 note using Tapatalk

10. Post
    A friend got them, skinny as Asian girl in her 30s likes to eat junk food all day err day but doesn’t drink alcohol , Asian genes keeps them thin but doesn’t help prevent kidney stones

11. Post
    Avoid boil-ups, deep-fryers and don't use lard with your cooking.

12. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Also, how good is the morphine? Is it even worth the opiate addiction?
    https://www.ted.com/talks/johann_har...ction_is_wrong

I didn't get morphine :/ My experience was intense pain to discomfort for about four weeks before the ****er came out my dickhole. Your GP will tell you to use a tea strainer to catch it for analysis so as to prevent further stones but after a week of pissing everywhere but in the toilet when you use one, you'll ditch it.

13. Post
    Mine still hasn't come out after 6 months(ish) or I have an infection cause I always need to piss but can't empty the bladder and it hurts on me tip when I can't pee.

14. Post
    I've only heard stories about kidney stones from this forum but yeah I'm also kinda scared of them now.

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I've only heard stories about kidney stones from this forum but yeah I'm also kinda scared of them now.
    Legitimately the worst pain I've experienced.

16. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Mine still hasn't come out after 6 months(ish) or I have an infection cause I always need to piss but can't empty the bladder and it hurts on me tip when I can't pee.

Should get that checked out you might have a UTI or kidney infection

17. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Should get that checked out you might have a UTI or kidney infection
    Yeah I think I should. It's been ongoing for awhile now...

18. Post
    ludez wrote:

sounds like a UTI.

19. Post
    4wd wrote:
    sounds like a UTI.
    Shitballs. I need to see a doctor or can I get stuff from pharmacy?

20. Post
    ludez wrote:

Go to a craft shop and buy a bag of pipe cleaners. Soak one in sriracha chilli sauce and insert into urethra multiple times.

21. Post
    ludez wrote:

Go to a Dr, they'll give you antibiotics

22. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Go to a craft shop and buy a bag of pipe cleaners. Soak one in sriracha chilli sauce and insert into urethra multiple times.
    That’s a hot tip. Better living everyone.

23. Post
    My understanding is that poor diet (high salt, high meat consumption) and not staying adequately hydrated (with clean water) will put you at risk. I think your genetic background can play a part, and some conditions can cause kidney stones, but old age alone shouldn't do this, much less middle age. My folks are in their 50s and have never had a problem.

I wouldn't worry about this sort of thing. Kidney stones aren't uncommon, but not everyone is doomed to suffer them. If it happens, it'll be because of bad luck, bad lifestyle, and I believe genetics can play a part too. Look at your family history and see if your older relatives have had kidney problems, and be sure to consider their lifestyle habits if you do. There are also diseases that cause kidney stones.

Now back to pointlessly scaring people: women have said that passing a kidney stone is equal to or worse than giving birth. Thankfully, if you catch it early, a bit of keyhole surgery will set you right.

24. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    That’s a hot tip.
    lmao

I'll be 37 in April and I'm yet to have one. Never had a UTI either thankfully.

25. Post
    I dont think they are that common although I have had a kidney stone - got it from being dehydrated. Was working full time, then going and renovating our house after work for 5 hours in the middle of summer, sweating like crazy. Just make sure you drink water and do some exercise lol

Def not a fun thing to have. Thought id done my back out and used a whole container of deep heat on my back. When I was throwing up with pain I decided I had better go to the hospital lol. Doctor said id pass it - but took some cider vinegar and something else and it (i assume) broke it up.

Ammonite - doubt they'd do key hole surgery for a kidney stone? If theyre big they use ultrasounds to break them up, but 99 percent of the time they leave ya to piss it out lol.