Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

DRAGON BALL FighterZ

DRAGON BALL FighterZ

Name:  473df497-8b1f-4d90-bea5-9eee376d1992.jpg?n=Dragon-Ball-FighterZ_GLP-Page-Hero-1084_1920x600_02.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  586.0 KB

PC, XBOX, PS4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noticed there weren't any threads about this game? except for the small discussion when it was revealed at E3. The game comes out very soon (January 26th) and looks quite promising. Really nice graphics for a Dragonball game, runs at 60fps on consoles and made by the same developers that did the GuiltyGear series, which are regarded as really good fighting games and very polished on PC.

There is a free open beta on consoles this weekend, with a handful of characters available.

Keen?

2. Post
    looks dope, hoping for english dub with a bruce falconer music pack

3. Post
    Admittedly I've not paid a lot of attention to the game.. sure looks pretty but not sure if I'll buy. Good to know there's a beta, will give it a go. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Post
    It's gonna be dumbed down with automatic combos and the like, so I'll pass. Looks good otherwise

5. Post
    Will def give the beta a go but I get bored of fighting games easily so probably won't be buying.

6. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    It's gonna be dumbed down with automatic combos and the like, so I'll pass. Looks good otherwise
    Are you sure? Can you link me to something that confirms this. I've seen nothing about this and have been following this game quite closely.
    I'm sure most people here know but ArcSys are the developers of Guilty Gear (just realised this was actually mentioned in the first post) which has probably been the best, most in depth and exciting fighting game series for a long time, it just doesn't have a huge following outside of Japan. ArcSys know how to make a fighting game! I would take Guilty Gear: Xrd over SFV any day and it's not like I hate SFV.

Even if it does have "auto combos" is it like MvC: Infinte where you can actually go into the menus and disable them
    I know that's literally the first thing I did when I fired up MvC for the first time before I played my first game. I don't understand people that complain about those auto combos, they are literally the most low damage, unoptimised combos you can possibly do. If you use them you are definitely putting yourself at a disadvantage.
    They are there for people to learn. Marvel is very much about movement, spacing and where you are on the screen at any given time, it's hard for newcomers to learn the movement and spacing while learning 120+ hit combos. Let them learn the movement and system and still have fun with autocombos and as soon as they feel confident in their movement and combos they can disable them.

I've watched people like LI Joe and Perfect Legend playing DBFZ and it looks fast paced, exciting and with the inclusion of an MvC2 styled assist system quite deep.

I'm looking forward to playing it this weekend. I think (fingers crossed) this could be the best fighting game of the year.

7. Post
    Rekuja if the Open Beta supports lobbies and you are on PS4 add me for some games this weekend if you are keen PSN: geneterror666.

I've preordered so will be on as soon as I can after it opens up early for perorder customers.

8. Post
    geneterror wrote:
    Are you sure? Can you link me to something that confirms this. I've seen nothing about this and have been following this game quite closely.
    I could be wrong but i heard secondhand from a Twitch streamer who was being asked if he was gonna play this game on his channel and he said what's the point, there's nothing you can teach/learn because of the automatic combos. He also said MVCI's auto combos were low damage as you've stated, so maybe they'll be like that idk

9. Post
    This might be helpful for anyone looking to try the beta this weekend.

10. Post
    Also Tormenta this means you were right there are auto combos but like they are low damage, rubbish beginner combos.

Looking forward to finding some optimised combos that include assists and tagging.

Also this game has MvC2 styled snapbacks! YES!

11. Post
    I probably won't install it on PS4 I'll just wait for PC release, last time I tried a beta for a game I was hyped for made, the release date feel 5 years longer..... will definitely watch it on Twitch though
    Last edited by Rekuja; 14th January 2018 at 12:40 am.

12. Post
    There's some decent hype around this. Is it the first proper 2D DBZ fighting game? I seem to recall previous games had players flying around and destroying the scenery and shit

I hope there's heaps of fighters to choose from, unlike SFV which had about 16 on launch.

13. Post
    Check out gamespot's shortish history of DB games that made it to the west but I'm sure they missed out a couple but oh well. https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/the...mes/2900-1748/

14. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    There's some decent hype around this. Is it the first proper 2D DBZ fighting game? I seem to recall previous games had players flying around and destroying the scenery and shit
    Yeah most of the more recent ones have been "Arena" fighters, there was a previous 2D game but it was back in the SNES area and I'm not sure if it got released outside Japan, I've only seen it run on emulators.

Tormenta wrote:
    I hope there's heaps of fighters to choose from, unlike SFV which had about 16 on launch.
    I think it's around 24 with 8 more on the way. Of course you have to learn 3 characters to create a team and with the system having MvC2/MvC3 styled assists there will be a lot of potential combinations.

I wonder if we will see it fall into the most common MvC2 team structure of battery char on point, damage dealer second and assist char third.

One of the first things I will be testing is if I can make an assist hit high while my point char goes low or vice versa creating "hard to blockable" situations.

15. Post
    geneterror wrote:
    there was a previous 2D game but it was back in the SNES area and I'm not sure if it got released outside Japan, I've only seen it run on emulators.\
    Hyper Dimension, which was a fantastic little fighter that indeed sadly didn't make it outside of Japan, I think it was released very late in the SNES cycle, when the N64 was already/almost a thing.

16. Post
    beta is out for consoles atm, if you pre-ordered. Open to everyone tomorrow (i think?)

heaps of twitch streamers atm though.

17. Post
    was watching this guy for a bit maximilian_dood , hes pretty hardout on the fighter games

18. Post
    I'm downloading the open beta now (someone 'liked' it on the ps activities screen so accessed it there - couldn't find it in the shop earlier)

Watched 5 mins stream today and was really impressed. Looked gorgeous with some great game play. At this stage I should stick to SFV and Pokken Tournament before investing in another game but will definitely jam the beta later tonight and tomorrow.

In regards to other DBZ games - I also have Xenoverse 2 but I could never get into the combat. The melee, unless I'm missing something, feels way to simplistic. I really like the hub world and co op missions though, My favorite DBZ game so far has been DB Fusions on 3DS. Very unique strategy team fighting game kind of like billiards. Really enjoyed it, finished it and re-installed to hit up some post game content.

19. Post
    It unlocked at 9pm last night NZ time, saw a bunch of my friends online playing it.

I played some last night, servers were a bit patchy. So far it's fun but I don't know if it has the depth of MvC or Guilty Gear but I haven't played enough yet to say that for sure.

One thing I can say for sure is that unlike MvC you can't disable the auto combos and I keep doing them by accident and getting an unsafe special move when I didn't want one.

20. Post
    It worked for me while the servers were down in that I could play a basic random battle against the cpu but once the servers came back up it seemed to know that I hadn't preordered so wouldn't let me play anymore. Will try again this arvo.

21. Post
    Yeah probably unlocked for me because I have a digital preorder.

22. Post
    Was there ever a dragon ball rpg game?

23. Post
    yup a couple of them Grim. I think most of them were on the handheld devices thou.

24. Post
    I think I played one called legacy of Goku I’m looking for something similiar but hopefully more modern

25. Post
    yea legacy of goku on gba, there was a 2nd one too. there was the dragon ball online but it didnt release outside of asia