Delete my account and all associated data

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    No Viilai, I have not abused my Admin status, as you attempt to explain in your misguided Reported Post. I have followed procedure that has been set following the great Cynos Event back in the day.

No, we won't delete your shit because you've been called out for being a twat, and no, you can't delete your own shit either. If there were very special circumstances around the request, then it's something that can be considered. "I'm a homophobe" is not a particularly special circumstance at this stage.

2. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    No Viilai, I have not abused my Admin status, as you attempt to explain in your misguided Reported Post. I have followed procedure that has been set following the great Cynos Event back in the day.

No, we won't delete your shit because you've been called out for being a twat, and no, you can't delete your own shit either. If there were very special circumstances around the request, then it's something that can be considered. "I'm a homophobe" is not a particularly special circumstance at this stage.
    - I have never once requested that my posts be deleted
    - I have never stated any intent nor desire to delete my posts

I requested that my account and associated data be removed. This includes my email address, name, and any other provided information.

You are legally obligated to do so. This was me doing it informally. I have proceeded to do it formally.

You have abused your admin status by removing someone's basic account features for vindictive reasons.

Are you the one protecting Gar from his own actions?

3. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    I can email GP and demand the removal of all my personal details (such as the email address and account tied to it) within a week. If they fail to comply then the privacy commissioner is the relevant authority, yes.

I never said anything about my posts. Just typical GPers being typical GPers.
    We can change the email address on your account. Easy. Pretty sure that's all the "personal" details associated with your account.

4. Post
    That doesn't sound easy, working with databases its not usually as easy as just "delete my account" - as that may just as well break a bunch of other stuff, such as all the threads you ever posted in for instance

5. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    We can change the email address on your account. Easy. Pretty sure that's all the "personal" details associated with your account.
    Seems you've done enough, I emailed them regarding your conduct also.

6. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    - I have never once requested that my posts be deleted
    - I have never stated any intent nor desire to delete my posts

I requested that my account and associated data be removed. This includes my email address, name, and any other provided information.

You are legally obligated to do so. This was me doing it informally. I have proceeded to do it formally.

You have abused your admin status by removing someone's basic account features for vindictive reasons.

Are you the one protecting Gar from his own actions?
    Nothing vindictive about it. It's procedure, protecting the asset of the owner.

Your OP would suggest that "my account and all associated data" means posts as well. Are your posts not associated with your account? Yes, yes they are.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    That doesn't sound easy, working with databases its not usually as easy as just "delete my account" - as that may just as well break a bunch of other stuff, such as all the threads you ever posted in for instance
    Not that hard, just remove all associated details that were entered and stored, change primary key to anything that isn't the email if that's what its tied to.

8. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    Seems you've done enough, I emailed them regarding your conduct also.
    lol now I see what everybody says about you is true - there's more than a few screws loose.

9. Post
    Errr, just click on the cog on the top right of GP, then on the lefthand sidebar click 'edit email address and password'. Then change the email address to whatever suits, or use a temporary email address generator to create a throwaway.

Unsure why the administrators need to do that for you?

10. Post
    Just go change your email address in your profile to IdontLykeUguyzNoMore@cryMeAriver.com then bugger off

11. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Your OP would suggest that "my account and all associated data" means posts as well. Are your posts not associated with your account? Yes, yes they are.
    Having read a lot of them I'd say it fairly optimistic to be called "data" I mean I don't think it's technically possible to write computer registering binary in smears of poop but it would seem to be something he's working on

12. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    Not that hard, just remove all associated details that were entered and stored, change primary key to anything that isn't the email if that's what its tied to.
    I just checked out your profile, there isn't any personal information there? Is there anything on your profile that personally identifies you in real life?

I did a google search on the email address that I used to sign up to gp forums, nothing comes up in google search

13. Post
    There you go Viilai - I've changed your email address and that's the only personal information associated with your account. I've also removed your access completely. Any further discussion on the matter should be referred to Egor directly. If he decides to grant your request, then it's something that is beyond basic admin powers anyway.

14. Post
    Shrapz_nz wrote:
    Just go change your email address in your profile to IdontLykeUguyzNoMore@cryMeAriver.com then bugger off
    Reporting you to the Privacy Commissioner, GCSB and Ministry for Women for publicly announcing Viilai's new email address.

15. Post
    Villai needs some of this

16. Post
    I missed the fun.

17. Post
    This thread

18. Post
    HOF tbh

19. Post
    This thread is a fine example of throwing ones toys from the cot.

20. Post
    Magical things happen when you put email addresses into the Facebook search box. #justsaying

21. Post
    This is what happens when you swing a crapfull nappy around your head.

Page 2 of 2 First 12