Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 38

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    I don't think pulling the "I have gay friends, so I can't be sexist/homophobic" card is gonna work here. This'll be about the third or fourth studio who has weirdo CEOs/higher-ups that I've heard of though.

  3. Post
    #3
    has he done anything illegal tho? Will any of his accusers stand up in court and claim damages etc?

  4. Post
    #4
    this bandwagon slowly closing in on the point where just talking to a girl who's not interested will be considered harrassment.

  5. Post
    #5
    JRS wrote:
    this bandwagon slowly closing in on the point where just talking to a girl who's not interested will be considered harrassment.
    Na, mate. Just looking at them can do it some. There is an interview with Bearing on YouTube, where he talks to an ex-SJW. At the time she got involved with the groups online, she was living in South America (can not remember off the top of my head witch country) and she amused that all men in the US where like what they where disturbing. She moved over that, and eventually got to a point where a guy looking at her would trigger her, thanks to the compounding of the SJW echo chambers that exist on Reddit. She ended up going to get physiological therapy because she could not function in public properly.

    For the life of me, I have tried finding the interview, but can't. I watched the thing when it frost came out. lol

  6. Post
    #6
    Jagji56 wrote:
    Na, mate. Just looking at them can do it some.
    Well there was that lady from a week or two that had to pay back legal costs after taking out multiple restraining orders on people including a professor who looked in her direction
    Last edited by inboxed; 15th January 2018 at 7:11 pm. Reason: ruined quote tag

  7. Post
    #7
    Jagji56 wrote:
    Na, mate. Just looking at them can do it some. There is an interview with Bearing on YouTube, where he talks to an ex-SJW. At the time she got involved with the groups online, she was living in South America (can not remember off the top of my head witch country) and she amused that all men in the US where like what they where disturbing. She moved over that, and eventually got to a point where a guy looking at her would trigger her, thanks to the compounding of the SJW echo chambers that exist on Reddit. She ended up going to get physiological therapy because she could not function in public properly.

    For the life of me, I have tried finding the interview, but can't. I watched the thing when it frost came out. lol
    Wat.jpg

  8. Post
    #8
    JRS wrote:
    this bandwagon slowly closing in on the point where just talking to a girl who's not interested will be considered harrassment.
    Story: homophobic, sexual, and sexist images circulated in game studio while founders make inappropriate remarks and force themselves on employees

    You: man, you can't even talk to women anymore!

    What the hell man

  9. Post
    #9
    actually reread the article please, Story : Report CLAIM inappropriate behavior ( and only by reputation mind you, the is no leveling of evidence or anyone actually filing a complaint etc ) and internal email are inappropriate.

    i think you are caught up with the hysteria man.

  10. Post
    #10
    I wrote the article, so I'm mostly aware of what it says

    Allegations or not, I don't know how anyone could read the story and come to the conclusion that "just talking to a girl who's not interested will be considered harrassment"

    Perhaps you can enlighten me as to how these things are connected?

  11. Post
    #11
    that is implied with the claim of inappropriate behavior "He forced himself onto me, or he hit on me in parties .. again claimed by reputation." so it is possible it is all connected? Sure it is completely facetious but again, you are writing about hearsay and lack of actual proof here, why are you surprised if someone carries on with your tone and direction?

  12. Post
    #12
    Jagji56 wrote:
    Na, mate. Just looking at them can do it some. There is an interview with Bearing on YouTube, where he talks to an ex-SJW. At the time she got involved with the groups online, she was living in South America (can not remember off the top of my head witch country) and she amused that all men in the US where like what they where disturbing. She moved over that, and eventually got to a point where a guy looking at her would trigger her, thanks to the compounding of the SJW echo chambers that exist on Reddit. She ended up going to get physiological therapy because she could not function in public properly.

    For the life of me, I have tried finding the interview, but can't. I watched the thing when it frost came out. lol
    Used to really enjoy Bearing. Think he lost a little bit of his logic in some arguments.

  13. Post
    #13
    Bloody wrote:
    that is implied with the claim of inappropriate behavior "He forced himself onto me, or he hit on me in parties .. again claimed by reputation." so it is possible it is all connected? Sure it is completely facetious but again, you are writing about hearsay and lack of actual proof here, why are you surprised if someone carries on with your tone and direction?
    I don't think JRS was being particularly facetious (perhaps he can clarify). His point seems to be something along the lines of: this accusation stuff that has been happening around the world is getting out of hand, and as a result, doing perfectly innocent stuff will soon get men in trouble.

    I find that a strange conclusion to draw from this story. How are you and JRS so sure that there was no inappropriate behaviour here, and why - as JRS claims - are men going to be victimized soon? Almost all I've seen in wider society recently has been creeps getting their comeuppance.

    At this stage of this Quantic Dream story, deploying the "there's no proof" argument is as asinine as using the "it's all definitely true, lock them up" argument imo.

    I don't know what went down at Quantic Dream, but I do know the images mentioned in the story are real, and that the now-former staff are on the record with their complaints. That's no guarantee of guilt, but it does not equal "hearsay" as you so claim.

  14. Post
    #14
    Inb4 Bloody starts spewing more rubbish about the "Gender War" like in OD.

  15. Post
    #15
    i can say the same thing, how can you be so sure there was any inappropriate behavior? cmon, you wrote the article so lets break this down

    3 years ago, some pictures which were doctored or photoshopped was circulated internally.

    Lets us say that 3 years is a quite some time ago, all kinds of things could have happened inbetween, the originators of the material could have left, no longer with the company, it could have changed, mutated been more sanitized or made worst.

    We do NOT know any thing or even what the pictures looked like. And after 3 years of circulating around seemingly lol at internally , suddenly in the climate of #metoo etc, someone finally finds it offensive and then FORMER EMPLOYEES leaking photos. Worst of all no where in the article does it say that the heavily doctored material actually is legitimate or changed or even exist . You can say they exist but can you say they exist in the form that was leaked to the public? If we take some of the stuff here in GPOD, we all would have grounds for being accused of various forms of inappropriate behavior.

    so yeah it comes down to this, former employees with an axe to grind, decide to use the current climate of witch hunting to slander their ex boss of inappropriate behavior. Note, it is just slander at this point, there is no evidence of wrong doing, no lawsuits, no evidence other than heavily doctored leaked photos whom we cannot verify the validity. So, no you are wrong, there is no evidence of guilt and so it is ALL HEARSAY at this point.

    https://youtu.be/FIPWOaYX--Y
    Last edited by Bloody; 16th January 2018 at 11:04 am. Reason: added youtube video

  16. Post
    #16
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Inb4 Bloody starts spewing more rubbish about the "Gender War" like in OD.
    yay can i legit count you as someone who is offended by someone else opinion?

  17. Post
    #17
    Bloody wrote:
    yay can i legit count you as someone who is offended by someone else opinion?
    You constantly sooking and viewing half the population as your enemy isn't something to be offended by, it's something to be pitied.

  18. Post
    #18
    Bloody wrote:
    i can say the same thing, how can you be so sure there was any inappropriate behavior?
    I never said I was sure! In the post right before yours, I wrote "I don't know what went down at Quantic Dream".

    Bloody wrote:
    3 years ago, some pictures which were doctored or photoshopped was circulated internally.
    The pictures dated back to 2013. In other words, the oldest were from 2013. The most recent were from last year.

    Bloody wrote:
    We do NOT know any thing or even what the pictures looked like.
    A couple are here

    Bloody wrote:
    And after 3 years of circulating around seemingly lol at internally , suddenly in the climate of #metoo etc, someone finally finds it offensive and then FORMER EMPLOYEES leaking photos.
    It's possible #metoo empowered someone to finally take a stand.

    Or perhaps this happened (from Eurogamer's original story): "But it was only in early 2017, when the company's IT manager was the subject of a photoshopped image, the full cache was found and complaints made."

    Bloody wrote:
    Worst of all no where in the article does it say that the heavily doctored material actually is legitimate or changed or even exist . You can say they exist but can you say they exist in the form that was leaked to the public?
    What?

    Bloody wrote:
    If we take some of the stuff here in GPOD, we all would have grounds for being accused of various forms of inappropriate behavior.
    GPOD is not a workplace - surely you understand the difference?

    And there have been many instances where I've had to remove posts, threads, and users from GPOD precisely because they were inappropriate.

    Bloody wrote:
    so yeah it comes down to this, former employees with an axe to grind, decide to use the current climate of witch hunting to slander their ex boss of inappropriate behavior. Note, it is just slander at this point, there is no evidence of wrong doing, no lawsuits
    1) They were current employees when they made complaints to Quantic Dream HR
    2) How is the current climate a witch hunt? I'd be very interested to know why you think that.
    3) The absence of lawsuits / evidence does not mean none of it is true. For example: if it is slander as you so assert, can we can expect a lawsuit from Quantic Dream? If not, I guess it's all true! (That's sarcasm, just in case you couldn't tell.)

    Once again I'll say: I don't know what happened. But to say it's definitely all false / a witch hunt is just silly.

    To go further than that and claim that "this bandwagon slowly closing in on the point where just talking to a girl who's not interested will be considered harrassment" as JRS did is ridiculous.

  19. Post
    #19
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    You constantly sooking and viewing half the population as your enemy isn't something to be offended by, it's something to be pitied.
    i do not believe i ever wrote that i view half the population as an enemy so i can only conclude that you went with the if he is does not agree with me, he must be against me opinion and frankly your "pity " is about genuine as attempt to understand other viewpoints.

  20. Post
    #20
    A self-described anti-feminist is against #metoo? This is shocking news!

  21. Post
    #21
    Pickle Rick wrote:

    1) They were current employees when they made complaints to Quantic Dream HR
    2) How is the current climate a witch hunt? I'd be very interested to know why you think that.
    3) The absence of lawsuits / evidence does not mean none of it is true. For example: if it is slander as you so assert, can we can expect a lawsuit from Quantic Dream? If not, I guess it's all true! (That's sarcasm, just in case you couldn't tell.)

    Once again I'll say: I don't know what happened. But to say it's definitely all false / a witch hunt is just silly.
    i do not read any part where they claims were made by current employees. Your article says Former employees make claims from pictures dating back to 2013 and only in early 2017 were complaints made. Again it is not said if it is done by current employees.

    i linked a youtube video regardin the witch hunt climate.

    the absence of lawsuits means none of it can be PROVEN true. And until then we should rightly assume it as all hearsay.

    end of the day, if they believe they been aggrieved they have the court of law to prove it, if they do not want to or cannot, then using the court of populist opinion to shame or slander their former employer should be met with healthy dose of unbiased skepticism.

  22. Post
    #22
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    A self-described anti-feminist is against #metoo? This is shocking news!
    a feminist is with #metoo ? equally as shocking i know.. it is like everyone within their own narrative is just swimming within their own echo chamber.

  23. Post
    #23
    Bloody wrote:
    i do not read any part where they claims were made by current employees. Your article says Former employees make claims from pictures dating back to 2013 and only in early 2017 were complaints made. Again it is not said if it is done by current employees.
    Here's the original article, just so you're clear on the details.

    1) The employees complained to QD HR when they were still working there
    2) They went to the media after they left QD
    3) The earliest pictures were from 2013, and the latest ones were from 2017

    So, how is the current climate a witch hunt? Go on, convince me in your own words. I don't want to watch a random YouTube video to try and grasp what your argument is.

  24. Post
    #24
    the argument is simple. We have established a framework of common law where any accuser can use an accepted juridical process to bring any entity ( within reason, you cannot for example sue God even tho God in a recognized entity is many juridical texts ) to court to answer claims or wrong doing. At any time you side step this process in order to bring mob justice based on a the current populist opinion , this is a witch hunt. The claims as you wrote above is one of such example. If they went thru HR and nothing was done, it was their right to leave the company and move on. Maybe they felt the company culture was not right for them. That is completely fine and within their rights.

    However then going to the press with such claims and then unwilling to claim damages or prove wrong doing in court, is a slander by a former employee. It is the wrong process to take and undermines any claim of injustice or inappropriate behavior by Quandric.

  25. Post
    #25
    The thing is, sometimes these things are small enough that lawsuits are pointless, but big enough that word should get out about them. And if something appears in the media that is truly slanderous, the slandered party can sue.

    What are other recent accusations do you think contribute to this witch hunt climate you believe is a thing?