Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38

  1. Post
    #26
    Bloody wrote:
    However then going to the press with such claims and then unwilling to claim damages or prove wrong doing in court, is a slander by a former employee.
    It's only slander if the accusation isn't true

  2. Post
    #27
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    The thing is, sometimes these things are small enough that lawsuits are pointless, but big enough that word should get out about them. And if something appears in the media that is truly slanderous, the slandered party can sue.

    What are other recent accusations do you think contribute to this witch hunt climate you believe is a thing?
    big or small should be decided by a judiciary , not by opinion. That is why we have this framework to determine the size and appropriate response to the complaint. ( sure, i completely agree that this is arbitrary and subjective to many factors which may or may not be up to date to current , but that is another issue about on going modern justice and need to update etc )

    you want a recent accusation? How about this

    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...nt-care-nurses

    now Stan Lee is a 95 year old man. He suffers from bouts of dementia etc. And ffs if a 95 year old man wants to walk around naked , then you know you as a nurse should realize he probably does not care if you find this offensive. Cos he may not even know where he is, if he is naked or if he is 95 years old. And you as a nurse , accuse him of sexually harassing you? Seriously, have a good look a Stan Lee. The man can barely walk on his own nowadays.

  3. Post
    #28
    Bloody wrote:
    now Stan Lee is a 95 year old man. He suffers from bouts of dementia etc.
    Does he? I can't find a source for that. He just appears to be super old.

    Bloody wrote:
    And ffs if a 95 year old man wants to walk around naked , then you know you as a nurse should realize he probably does not care if you find this offensive. Cos he may not even know where he is, if he is naked or if he is 95 years old.
    Again, he seems lucid to me, but who knows.

    Either way, he's not just walking around naked. From the original story on the Mail Online:

    He is said to have asked for oral sex in the shower, walked around naked and wanted to be 'pleasured' in the bedroom.

    'He doesn't seem to care what people think of him, he's lost his filter. There has been a stream of young nurses coming to his house in West Hollywood and he has been sexually harassing them. He finds it funny.

    'He walks around naked and is vulgar towards the women, he asks them for oral sex in the shower and wants to be pleasured in his bedroom. He uses the word p***y and f**k in their presence.

    'He's also very handsy and has groped some of the women, it's unacceptable behavior, especially from an icon like Stan.'

    The source added: 'The owner at the nursing company has openly said to people that Stan has sexually harassed every single nurse that has been to the house. That got back to Lee and sparked this whole thing.

    A rep for the nursing company confirmed that the female owner had received several complaints from nurses who had worked at Lee's house and she had complained directly to Lee.
    Those are fairly serious allegations.

    Bloody wrote:
    And you as a nurse , accuse him of sexually harassing you? Seriously, have a good look a Stan Lee. The man can barely walk on his own nowadays.
    Even if you can't walk by yourself, you can definitely still sexually harass people.

    Again, I don't know what's true here, but assuming it's all lies because there isn't currently a lawsuit seems misguided to me.

  4. Post
    #29
    again

    "But as yet no police complaint has been made and no lawsuits filed."

    equally the new nursing company has said and quote "Julie Wozniak, a rep for the new firm Vitale Nursing Inc, insists that Lee has been nothing but 'polite, kind and respectful' since they took over.

    'It has been a privilege to care for him,' she added. "

    So who would you believe? And again, think about it, if Stan Lee was poor etc. Do you think this would have come out?

  5. Post
    #30
    Bloody wrote:
    the new nursing company has said and quote "Julie Wozniak, a rep for the new firm Vitale Nursing Inc, insists that Lee has been nothing but 'polite, kind and respectful' since they took over.
    That neither proves nor disproves anything

    Bloody wrote:
    So who would you believe? And again, think about it, if Stan Lee was poor etc. Do you think this would have come out?
    Of course it wouldn't. What makes it newsworthy is he is a prominent figure.

    If they were after his money, wouldn't they sue? They aren't doing that.

    I guess I don't know what possible motive they have for trying to ruin his reputation? But again: I'm not saying he did it all. I'm just saying that it is unclear at this stage.

  6. Post
    #31
    I'm left leaning etc and wouldn't be happy to be associated alongside "anti-feminists", but the current environment is getting ridiculous - especially with the media lapping up every story for clicks. If you're well known, you're at a disadvantage because the media will pick up and run with any and all accusations (e.g. Aziz Ansari). You only need it to be mentioned in one place, and it snowballs from there. At that point is doesn't matter if the alleged offender is innocent . The media - social media especially - will ensure they're punished by influencing everyone's opinion of that person. In this current environment, suing the accuser for slander would be very dangerous (Streisand effect, victim blaming etc).

  7. Post
    #32
    Caffeine wrote:
    the media will pick up and run with any and all accusations (e.g. Aziz Ansari)
    IIRC, that woman spoke out because she saw him wearing a #metoo badge, and the texts between them after the incident are pretty damning. Not a good example of the media running with just anything imo

    Caffeine wrote:
    At that point is doesn't matter if the alleged offender is innocent . The media - social media especially - will ensure they're punished by influencing everyone's opinion of that person.
    Those who accuse are also often bombarded on social media - there is a real cost to making accusations, and I doubt the decision to do so is one many people make lightly

  8. Post
    #33
    Actually just re-reading some stories about the Aziz thing. It's a tricky one. I take back my "pretty damning" assessment above.

    Interesting that in his statement, Ansari said "I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue."

  9. Post
    #34
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    Actually just re-reading some stories about the Aziz thing. It's a tricky one. I take back my "pretty damning" assessment above.

    Interesting that in his statement, Ansari said "I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue."
    Good move for him to state that, not sure how else he's going to avoid the bombardment.
    To be clear, the whole topic is hard for me to reconcile. There's a lot of scummy guys out there doing scummy things, and it IS time for a reckoning. I just worry about innocent people being caught in the crossfire after some have had a lot of time to roll events around in their heads and develop unfair assessments of what may or may not have happened in the past.

  10. Post
    #35
    Caffeine wrote:
    Good move for him to state that, not sure how else he's going to avoid the bombardment.
    To be clear, the whole topic is hard for me to reconcile. There's a lot of scummy guys out there doing scummy things, and it IS time for a reckoning. I just worry about innocent people being caught in the crossfire after some have had a lot of time to roll events around in their heads and develop unfair assessments of what may or may not have happened in the past.
    Agreed

  11. Post
    #36
    Bloody wrote:
    equally the new nursing company has said and quote "Julie Wozniak, a rep for the new firm Vitale Nursing Inc, insists that Lee has been nothing but 'polite, kind and respectful' since they took over.

    'It has been a privilege to care for him,' she added. "
    So let me get this straight, a number of woman complain about Lee's behaviour, but you'd rather point to the one quote, from the new business which has Lee as their client (cha-CHING!) that he's nothing but rainbows and jelly beans? Hello? McFly?

    Bloody wrote:
    And again, think about it, if Stan Lee was poor etc. Do you think this would have come out?
    If Stan Lee was poor then I'd question whether or not he'd have the balls (pun intended) to make such remarks and do what he apparently did. Money and power can make men start to gradually think they can get away with ever increasing lewd behavior. A prime example of this is Harvey Weinstein. You think a man like that, without power and money could of gotten away with what he did for as long as he did?

  12. Post
    #37
    Have any of those claims been proven though?

    Until they have been proven they can not be presumed to be correct, same with any scientific claim or any criminal claim. Going [removed] as soon as some one claims something (especially sexual) ,while being the 'popular' thing to do in the current western society doesn't change that you still need to actually provide some proof of the claim before the claim has substance.

    Please stop referring to them as if they are proven or assuming they are proven until they have been. (not just the above poster but others need to take this advice)
    Last edited by Pickle Rick; 17th January 2018 at 8:50 am.

  13. Post
    #38
    JRS wrote:
    this bandwagon slowly closing in on the point where just talking to a girl who's not interested will be considered harrassment.
    yep you forecast it out and thats where it ends up