1. Post
    does anyone know about oceania pvp/arena in the current state? Do you still get 150+ ping in arena because you have to face americans?

2. Post
    afaik only if you're trying to play at offpeak times

3. Post
    @Gwarden: yeah but you don't get much joy out of the catch-up mechanics until at least a year in. AP/AK boosts and better wq rewards were the first meaningful catch-ups in legion.

4. Post
    I noticed they recently released a new permanent group feature that is similar to guilds but less restrictive and you can belong to multiple. Would this be likely to spawn massive multi-realm "good players available to raid" groups that guilds could draw quality subs from as needed?

I don't know much about how it works but it could have a lot of potential if well organised.

5. Post
    Want to make a GPOD community?

6. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I noticed they recently released a new permanent group feature that is similar to guilds but less restrictive and you can belong to multiple. Would this be likely to spawn massive multi-realm "good players available to raid" groups that guilds could draw quality subs from as needed?

I don't know much about how it works but it could have a lot of potential if well organised.
    Sounds like the groups you get on the ps4, it makes finding players for destiny raids so easy

7. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Keen to join - Alliance.

8. Post
    So launch is 10am tomorrow yeah ? Decided I'm going to jump back in, Can't help myself haha.

9. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Yes. Hopefully h/a won't matter, though we could just have both if it does.

10. Post
    Yeah, the communities can be cross faction I believe.

I'm happy to create one and will post the invite here when I can get online. Thankfully tomorrow will be when I'm actually available to play so hopefully most of release bugs would be ironed out.

11. Post
    Created, called "GP Forums" can't figure out how to get a link for you lot. But if you search for it, you could find it and sign up.

Edit; figured it out, link below;

https://blizzard.com/invite/eXaEKaeu2qv

12. Post
    anyone have issues activating code? bought boxed copy today but it wont let me activate saying code cannot be used due to possible maintenance?

13. Post
    Not sure where to ask so figure i'll try asking here. I'm thinking of replacing my old dell monitor (2560x1440) with a ultrawide monitor (3440x1440). Still trying to sort out which brand monitor to get, either the Dell ultrawide or the Acer Predator 34/35 maybe...

I *only* play WoW on my PC. I have a gtx 680 so think I have to replace that too, anyone happen to run in ultrawide (3440x1440) and knows what kinda gpu I need minimum?

14. Post
    What performance you want

I o my have a conventional 2560x1440
    But wow now has an unlocked frame rate limiter, my 1080ti easily holds solid 144fps and could push higher if I let it

So just guessing with some numbers a 1070 should rock 60fps if that’s what you’re after

15. Post
    I run a 1070 on a 3440x1440 + a second 2560x1440 and WoW holds a steady 90-99 FPS out in the world

16. Post
    Will come to the party saying I have no regrets on purchasing the Alienware 34" UW - they ran a 20% off sale not long ago.

Currently running it on a 980ti and most zones i'll get 120fps, that drops down in populated areas such as Alterac Valley/Dalaran etc. Patiently waiting for Nvidia's next ti release.

17. Post
    Enjoying this xpac so far.

New Art/Music/Cinematics all top notch as expected from Blizzard.

As usual playing my Alliance Paladin first, leveled in a party for 2/3 of the time was way faster than solo.. the power loss at 115/116 when legendaries stop working was painful, fresh 120 felt pretty dire, progressing through Normal > Heroic > 8/10 mythic 0's was fun. Went in blind having not played beta or read much about the xpac for the first time feels, some comical wipes on some bosses.

Warmode on the whole time, brings a sense of danger back to the world I like it.

At 328+ ilvl starting and the gamplay is starting to feel good again as haste % goes back up.

So much to do... quests, rares, treasures, dungeons, island expeditions, war campaign, world quests.. and so little time (WoD never forget). I still think World Quests should have longer duration, less of them up at a time that are harder and more rewarding, they are pretty trash content once you've done them once. Annoying to have to do all all the opposing faction island WQ's to get rep to unlock the extra dungeon (Kings Rest for Alliance and Seige of Boralus for Horde). Also why do they always front load so much content, I'm fine with more gating to space things out a bit to avoid content droughts later.

No class campaign so no real reason to level alts yet for me and unlike Legion you really need to play both sides to see the story, so I'll level a horde character sometime later when my main has less to do.

18. Post
    Yeah loving it too. Nice and fresh and good times!

Dungeons seem good so looking forward to M+ and the raids

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    What performance you want

I o my have a conventional 2560x1440
    But wow now has an unlocked frame rate limiter, my 1080ti easily holds solid 144fps and could push higher if I let it

So just guessing with some numbers a 1070 should rock 60fps if that’s what you’re after
    What's unlocked frame rate limiter?
    I've always used vsync but my screen is relatively crappy so it isn't very high.

20. Post
    From memory, assuming it's the option under 'System' > 'Graphics' which gives you a slider for foreground/background FPS.

21. Post
    montstros1ty wrote:
    From memory, assuming it's the option under 'System' > 'Graphics' which gives you a slider for foreground/background FPS.
    Correct, when I tried wow a year ago that slider wasn’t there and it was capped to 100fps but now using the slider you can change it to up to 200 i think

The camera and character movement is so silky smooth at 144hz

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Correct, when I tried wow a year ago that slider wasn’t there and it was capped to 100fps but now using the slider you can change it to up to 200 i think
    Uhh that slider has been in the gui for years. At least since version 5/2012, probably longer.

What you SHOULD use that slider for is capping your max @ 1-2 less than your monitors refresh rate ie 142fps on a 144Hz screen (assuming you are using FreeSync/G-Sync).

The moment you hit 144fps G-Sync will turn off and vsync will turn on (if configured).

As far as GPU for UW goes this is dependant on your settings as well. I'm using a GTX1080 - early zones will hit mostly 100fps on 10/10 preset, but in the latest zones like Legion/BfA I'd need to be @ around 7/10 to stay around 100fps, while a 1070 should be able to manage the same around 5/10 preset.

For the most part I leave preset on 10 and let G-Sync do its thing, fps dips are really only noticeable if it dips too far for G-Sync to work.

23. Post

24. Post
    Why do I keep getting put in NA servers when I'm on open world, world latency 200ms, home latency 50ms?

Any way to fix it?

25. Post
    When you join a group you get put onto the shard that the player who invites is on. The easy way is if you've got a friend on a .au shard then to get them to invite you to group.

Servers in a traditional sense disappeared a while ago.