1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series! Very interested to see where this goes.

3. Post
    everything is battle royal now

4. Post
    Battle Royale is the new survival. Market saturation in 3.. 2.. 1..

5. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Battle Royale is the new survival. Market saturation in 3.. 2.. 1..
    the good thing is every battle royal game that comes out is killing pubg which I love, because fook pubg and its terrible management by its devs

6. Post
    Is Survarium any good?

7. Post
    PUBG should sell to MS. Their novelty run isn't going to last long if hackers continue to wreak havoc.

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    the good thing is every battle royal game that comes out is killing pubg which I love, because fook pubg and its terrible management by its devs
    It won't kill pubg...not enough people will jump to the alternative and the fad was created around pubg - by the time these games mature, pubg would have sorted out most of its shit.

Think Minecraft...

9. Post
    Infuriation wrote:
    It won't kill pubg...not enough people will jump to the alternative and the fad was created around pubg - by the time these games mature, pubg would have sorted out most of its shit.

Think Minecraft...
    This. PUBG is the WoW or LoL/DotA2 of the dedicated battle royale MP game world. Most, if not all of the "me too" dedicated games trying to cash-in the fad will likely have little to no success before dying. PUBG will be that game which everyone will gravitate back to, at least on PC. (There will probably be at least one long-term successful PUBG alternative on both consoles and mobile. I.e. what Roblox on mobile is to Minecraft. Fortnite BR's continued success on consoles.)