Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Double post?

You can’t unlearn how to beat the colossi, who react in the same predictable fashion on each playthrough, and as such, only new players will have a challenge reaching the Shrine of Worship for the final time. And while the journey is enthralling, it ends quickly, and with little reason to be played through again.

You can’t unlearn how to beat the colossi, who react in the same predictable fashion on each playthrough, and as such, only new players will have a challenge reaching the Shrine of Worship for the final time. And while the journey is enthralling, it ends quickly, and with little reason to be played through again.

3. Post
    Hmmm never played this before and was never really interested but this review has kind of convinced me

4. Post
    I loved this when it came out on PS2, have tried to get back into it, just cant do it. I even had got into the secret area which took a bit of running round to get all of the "items" required.

If you never played it, it is amazing, but with so many newer games, you wont replay it more than once.

5. Post
    Is replaying a game something that people look for? For me at least, I play most of my games to completion just the once. That is all I need/want from them in most cases. There are exceptions, and the odd game I obsess over, but for the most part one and done is just fine.

6. Post
    I replay many of the games in my library at some point, and so it is something I tend to look for when purchasing new ones.

7. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Is replaying a game something that people look for? For me at least, I play most of my games to completion just the once. That is all I need/want from them in most cases. There are exceptions, and the odd game I obsess over, but for the most part one and done is just fine.
    I'm exactly the same. No matter how much I love a game I can never bring myself to replay it. Once I know how the story pans out I have no motivation to play through a game again. That why I'm amazed when I hear about people playing through the Witcher 3 multiple times. Its one of my fav games of all time but I don't feel motivated to replay such a long game when I already know what happens.

8. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I replay many of the games in my library at some point, and so it is something I tend to look for when purchasing new ones.
    #metoo

It's like seeing a good friend after a long time.

9. Post
    I don't replay games often myself. But if it's a dead month like January was, I try to replay games. This game is mostly for the people who didn't catch the game on ps2 or the ps3. It's a good game apart from the camera having a mind of it's own and some slightly clunky controls. I've defeated 11 of the colossus so far.
    Last edited by WarZoner; 9th February 2018 at 11:00 am.

10. Post
    Sadly I lost my game disc of the PS2 original when I moved to Auckland in 2009, so I'm damn keen to finish this game on PS4.

11. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    this is the third time they've released this game, surely something needs to be added to keep it from being a cash grab.

12. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    this is the third time they've released this game, surely something needs to be added to keep it from being a cash grab.
    How so? Is it now the responsibility of the publisher to ensure that you get something additional for an item you can easily choose not to buy? If someone's fomo is so over-developed they buy this for a 3rd time and find it lacking, that is their issue. Not the developer, publisher, or seller. This is a remake of an existing game. Its well known as such. Maybe people should take ownership of their actions.

Its simple, if its not offering something of value to you, don't buy it. No one is owed anything here.

13. Post
    I want a cooking show with ChrisB.

14. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    I want a cooking show with ChrisB.
    nah, I'd get the seasoning all wrong. too much salt.

15. Post
    I bought the remastered version for PS3 when in the US recently for $5. Should I play through this version first, and then hit the PS4 version in a year. Or just do PS4? Any thoughts appreciated.

16. Post
    Brolin99 wrote:
    I bought the remastered version for PS3 when in the US recently for $5. Should I play through this version first, and then hit the PS4 version in a year. Or just do PS4? Any thoughts appreciated.
    I'd just play the PS4 version, unless you don't want to spend more money.

17. Post
    is it not the same game? i'd just play the version with the best graphics (ps4)

18. Post
    Brolin99 wrote:
    As previously said, its literally the exact same game. Just play the PS4 version. Or if the new gfx arent the be all and end all for you, then play the PS3 remaster. It will be a very similar experience.

19. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    As previously said, its literally the exact same game. Just play the PS4 version. Or if the new gfx arent the be all and end all for you, then play the PS3 remaster. It will be a very similar experience.
    Well I know a lot of people around here would argue don't even touch the PS2/3 versions they run at 30fps or even below, play the vastly superior PS4 version its 60fps.

20. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    PS4 remake has 60fps mode on Pro console + decreased input lag. PS3 remaster only runs at 30fps. Outside of the likes of historical novelty every previous version is obsolete.

Releases like this completely justify ponying up the small $100-ish price difference between PS4 slim and Pro.

21. Post
    It has a few control fixes according to some websites I've visited but it's the same game even with the fruits or lizards in the same place. It just looks prettier.

22. Post
    60fps mode comes at the expense of graphical fidelity though, eh? I really struggle with performance vs cinematic mode, generally go for better quality vs framerate, although I can see why some opt for the other.

23. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    60fps mode comes at the expense of graphical fidelity though, eh? I really struggle with performance vs cinematic mode, generally go for better quality vs framerate, although I can see why some opt for the other.
    Performance mode runs at 1080p, yes. There's only so much that you can do with lacking PS4 hardware even on Pro, there has to be trade-offs somewhere. The fact that they've given you choice of higher resolution/30fps or lower res/60fps is beautiful, an extremely pro-consumer move.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Performance mode runs at 1080p, yes. There's only so much that you can do with lacking PS4 hardware even on Pro, there has to be trade-offs somewhere. The fact that they've given you choice of higher resolution/30fps or lower res/60fps is beautiful, an extremely pro-consumer move.
    Yeah absolutely, I get paralysed with choice though

25. Post
    What are the bow controls like? They were a little fiddly in the original.