Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    If you want a compromise betweeen a full blown case and nothing, I'd get a dbrand skin. They're pretty sexy too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Post
    how are you guys finding the s9?

3. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    If you want a compromise betweeen a full blown case and nothing, I'd get a dbrand skin. They're pretty sexy too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Ahh yes. I have one of these. A textured copper-y colour. Was cheap and relatively fast delivery.

4. Post
    Can't complain but I too am noticing at times calls dropping, unsure if this is the phone or network thing though.

5. Post
    What has everyone remapped bixby to?

I've found that toggling do not disturb mode the most useful for me.

6. Post
    finished evaluation for the business, did not add the S9 to the company default, sticking with the much cheaper s7 and at best s8. There was little reason to get the price bump. Audio, camera and chipset is better but not for business use. Pretty good unit but imho not worth the price increase. ( Same for Apple X, we only supply 6s/7 for business or maybe the 8 for the top execs ) .

as a personal note the finger print sensor was a major improvement ( but again for only person choice ) , also i think the battery is too small

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    finished evaluation for the business, did not add the S9 to the company default, sticking with the much cheaper s7 and at best s8. There was little reason to get the price bump. Audio, camera and chipset is better but not for business use. Pretty good unit but imho not worth the price increase. ( Same for Apple X, we only supply 6s/7 for business or maybe the 8 for the top execs ) .

as a personal note the finger print sensor was a major improvement ( but again for only person choice ) , also i think the battery is too small
    Oh totally agree, would never recommend to anyone on any sort of budget (personal or company). Doesn't stop it being a great phone to own though.

8. Post
    yeah if money was no object, definitely get this as a daily driver if i was android inclined ( even the Samsung bloat can be disabled or flashed out anyway ) , easily the best Samsung phone to date , chipset, camera, audio , screen, ergonomics ( except Bixby button, but that can be remapped now ) tho again, i wish they had a bigger battery.

9. Post
    While I agree about the larger battery...don't forget twice the single core processing power but with the same day to day battery lasting power is a feat in itself.

You are also overlooking the business value proposition such as DeX etc. Using DeX instead of a laptop is actually a godsend as there is nothing worse than travelling with a laptop.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

10. Post
    Still needs a hotdesk or a screen +DeX etc. Since the main reason for the phone is for communication, email etc and all the execs want a light portable laptop for home or business where a screen is not always available , i felt the DeX was interesting but not quite a fit at this point

11. Post
    The face unlock is starting to bug me, sometimes I just want to look sty lock screen, or use the widget control for my music player without unlocking my phone.

12. Post
    So Untick this then. You'll need to swipe when you want it to use intelligent scan / face unlock / iris scan

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

13. Post
    Eh, could just use fingerprint... But yeah cheers that is a lot better.

14. Post
    S9+ calibrated best display settings

15. Post
    best for color accuracy on the oled screen?

16. Post
    How are no name stores able to sell the S9 for close to $1000, while bigger stores still have it listed at launch price? I have a general distrust for stores I've never heard of, but the hundreds of dollars difference is very tempting.

17. Post
    Finally

18. Post
    With a major android update it is highly recommended to do a factory reset.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

19. Post
    If you guys had to choose one of these following phones as a daily driver, which phone will you go for? I wont be getting them brand new, probs a 2nd hand from tardeme

S8
    S8+
    S9
    S9+
    Note 8

20. Post
    I would look for a refurbished or like new S9+. Pricespy generally lists them.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk