Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I am actually mid way through my 4th Witcher 3 playthrough. My god, its just as good as it was the first 3 times.
    My next playthrough would also be my 4th, game is god-tier on so many levels.

I'm quite keen to donk out a full trilogy run again this year sometime, it's been ages since I played 1 and 2, absolutely loved 1 although 2 got a bit boring for me. Obviously 3 just shits on both of them, but 1 had that gritty adventure feel that was so damn good

What a time to be an RPG gamer, amiright?

2. Post
    uisright!

3. Post
    how do you guys manage to play through the same game again and again? i always mind myself unable to replay games, my need to play something new always tends to outweigh something old - maybe it's the "gotta catch em all" mindset, i can't carry on playing 20-30 new games per year if I go back and replay old ones

4. Post
    ^Yeah I'm exactly the same. By the time I finish most games I'm pretty much over it & just want to move onto the next one. Doesn't feel like I'm achieving anything trying to beat something I've already beaten.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    how do you guys manage to play through the same game again and again? i always mind myself unable to replay games, my need to play something new always tends to outweigh something old - maybe it's the "gotta catch em all" mindset, i can't carry on playing 20-30 new games per year if I go back and replay old ones
    The fact that there are multiple quests, side-quests and outcomes that change depending on what you do. There are also so many quests, that even now I am encountering quests I never saw before.
    I am not a completionist in any way, but the quality of the story-telling and world building here is almost without peer. I just like experience that world.

RPG's in my experience are not about 'beating' them. They about the journey, discovery, and building a story.
    I also dont play any multiplayer titles, so I dont spend hours upon hours that many others do in games like PUBG, Fortnite, DOTA, LOL, COD, CS, etc. I wonder how many people factor in those games?

I also do not feel the need to play every new game that comes out.

6. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I'd just rather wait till they've fixed it first. By the time I've finished The Witcher games (or should I say... IF I finally manage to finish them ), the game should be all patched up.
    Someone's been reading the books

I envy your first journey infinitely.

7. Post
    Posting about the Witcher 3 in another game thread.

I'm over 400 hours deep, and on my 4th play through at the moment.

It's like re-watching your favourite movie. You know what's gonna happen, but it's still great none the less.

8. Post
    Mass Effect Trilogy - 10+ runs.
    Dragon Age Origins - 5 runs.
    The Witcher 3 - 3 runs.

Skyrim - About 100 started runs, always get to the same part of the story then float to another game