Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post

2. Post
    Has anyone been able to try the new DJI Mavic Smart Controller?

Wondering if it's really worth the price tag.

I just got the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses so not sure if I need the smart controller to but it would be nice not to lose the phone to fly.

3. Post
    ^ Not tried it, but the reviews have been pretty average, most saying it's not worth the price.

4. Post
    Thank you,

My state requires a license/registration but mid year they are requiring flight exams that I totally agree with.

Will be living between US and NZ soon so interested in what the drone laws are there.

Iceland was cool as hell, they give you flight permits for the national parks/glaciers for times no one is around if you email them.

5. Post
    The basics are on the CAA website;
    https://www.caa.govt.nz/unmanned-air...o-to-part-101/

It’s mostly common sense sort of stuff really.

6. Post
    Airshare is a good resource too

7. Post
    Cheers,

I'll have to do some googling and see if theres enthusiasts groups around too eventually.

8. Post
    KillaMel wrote:
    Cheers,

I'll have to do some googling and see if theres enthusiasts groups around too eventually.
    The Orange brochure here gives you a pretty good overview. From memory drones aren't allowed in Department of Conservation Land (National Parks) you can apply for permits. I cant speak for experience but in NZ Aviation if you ask for permission/try do the right thing organisations will be pretty accommodating,
    If you do get really stuck and need a hand the best thing would be to email info@caa.govt.nz. They'll usually reply within a couple of business days.

9. Post
    Mithster18 wrote:
    The Orange brochure here gives you a pretty good overview. From memory drones aren't allowed in Department of Conservation Land (National Parks) you can apply for permits. I cant speak for experience but in NZ Aviation if you ask for permission/try do the right thing organisations will be pretty accommodating,
    If you do get really stuck and need a hand the best thing would be to email info@caa.govt.nz. They'll usually reply within a couple of business days.
    Awesome, that's great info!. Thank you soo much!