1. Post
    Finally....Resident Evil goes back to the good stuff.

2. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    Yeah PC gaming is still very much GPU-dependant. Far Cry 5 was the first game I played to nearly max out my 3570.
    I take it you're not in the 4K club yet. Because my 1080 struggles with all them K's. When I play 1440 though all it buttery and sexy af.

3. Post
    Even at 4k, Far Cry 5 is a CPU hog on my PC - I tested and CPU usage only dropped a few percentage points moving from 1440p to 4k

There are a few games like this where I've noticed little difference in CPU usage between various resolutions

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Even at 4k, Far Cry 5 is a CPU hog on my PC - I tested and CPU usage only dropped a few percentage points moving from 1440p to 4k
    Dem opens worlds like to eat cpu cycles

5. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Sounds too realistic... prefer the tony hawk type, ultra long super connected tricks
    maybe try OlliOlli

6. Post
    Correct, poor CPU doing all those physics calculations for all that high draw distance grass and trees moving around in the wind etc and animation calculations for NPC's - the worst offenders are open world games as you've mentioned, another bad offender is Kingdom Come

7. Post
    lol the CEO of Crystal is salty about TLOU2

Calling out Naughty Dog on twitter and saying the E3 footage is fake, I guess he forgot to use his burner account

Naughty Dog came out and said the game footage was taken from a PS4 PRO

8. Post

In other news, I would give $1000 right now to jam Cyberpunk for an hour, not even joking.

I made this indecent proposal to CDPR via twitter, no reply yet

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    lol the CEO of Crystal is salty about TLOU2

Calling out Naughty Dog on twitter and saying the E3 footage is fake, I guess he forgot to use his burner account

Naughty Dog came out and said the game footage was taken from a PS4 PRO
    I had to Twitter dumpster dive for this, it was the head of Eidos Montreal (Shadow of the Tomb Raider studio) who said it.

Say what you will about Naughty Dog, they don't do CGI cutscenes, "bullshots" or graphical downgrades.

https://archive.fo/Lh4gv
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  79.8 KB

10. Post
    IST wrote:

In other news, I would give $1000 right now to jam Cyberpunk for an hour, not even joking.

Yeah but imagine how bad the wait would be after playing it for an hour, you would've only just started getting into it.

11. Post
    IST wrote:

I am praying that GP gets an invite to upcoming press events so I can give it a spin... if they go that route and if the powers that be will allow me that privilege.
    Sadly I can no longer offer the promise of sexual favours for this sort of thing now that Matt has moved on. Will need to rely on my charm... I think I might be farked in that case ;/

12. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I take it you're not in the 4K club yet. Because my 1080 struggles with all them K's. When I play 1440 though all it buttery and sexy af.
    Yeah, 1440p here. I feel like I only recently moved to this resolution, too soon for 4K! Too soon for reasonable upgrade costs from my perspective, at least. I'll give my current display a few more years.

13. Post
    IST wrote:

IRRC CDPR is hiring, go do the dream and get a job with them

14. Post
    I think 2k with 120ish fps is the best spot right now. 60 fps at 4k is still gross.

15. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    Yeah, 1440p here. I feel like I only recently moved to this resolution, too soon for 4K! Too soon for reasonable upgrade costs from my perspective, at least. I'll give my current display a few more years.
    yeah, 4K on PC was never the plan, but I upgraded my TV and it kinda just happened. Some games just feel better on the couch, and my TV doesn't do 1440 at all. Its 1080 or 4K (as well as a bunch of sub HD resolutions).
    Bt wrote:
    I think 2k with 120ish fps is the best spot right now. 60 fps at 4k is still gross.
    Wotchoo talking about. I play a whole bunch of games 4K 60fps and its more than fine. No shooters though. RPGs and my preferred genres are all great at 60fps.
    I think you're speaking too broadly. Not everything actually benefits all that much over 60 fps. I know Divinity Origial Sin 2 is no more enjoyable at insane framerates.

16. Post
    the next gen NVIDIA TI might hit the 100 hz 4 k mark assuming trends follow. But again, that is wishful thinking next year

17. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    yeah, 4K on PC was never the plan, but I upgraded my TV and it kinda just happened. Some games just feel better on the couch, and my TV doesn't do 1440 at all. Its 1080 or 4K (as well as a bunch of sub HD resolutions).

Wotchoo talking about. I play a whole bunch of games 4K 60fps and its more than fine. No shooters though. RPGs and my preferred genres are all great at 60fps.
    I think you're speaking too broadly. Not everything actually benefits all that much over 60 fps. I know Divinity Origial Sin 2 is no more enjoyable at insane framerates.
    Oh, yeah I meant for visual fidelity. I mostly play cutting edge and newer games on a G Sync monitor and the difference between 60fps and 120fps is immense for me. For the games that don't demand much on my Steam list, upping to 4k doesn't offer that much improvement because they're all 'bit art' based (FTL, Darkest Dungeon, Dungreed, etc).

I'm not into the older CRPGS but for games of that ilk (pre-drawn pixel art) I've found when I do play similar titles in 4k with widescreen hacks ie Diablo 2, the art and UI just gets too tiny for me to enjoy.

18. Post
    Bt wrote:
    nah, agree with ChrisB here - not sure what you mean, I only 2k 144hz for shooters, single player 3rd person games don't need or get much benefit from over 60hz so 4k 60hz is better because more graphics

that's not to say that I wouldn't do 4k 120hz if I could but TV's don't yet have HDMI 2.1 so they can't do this yet but 4k 120hz tv's will be here in a few months

if my TV could do more than 60hz I would defo use it, but I still stand by my opinion which is the games I play on the tv (single player games, mostly 3rd person using a controller don't get much benefit)

19. Post
    I just think it looks and flows better at 144hz. 60fps is a bit of an eyesore for me now I guess, I'd rather sacrifice resolution.

20. Post
    it's probably because I'm using a controller - I get what you're saying if you are using a mouse - but I only use mouse and keyboard for the shooters and these are the games I do 144hz - its a bit harder to notice a benefit of higher refresh rates with a controller I've found

21. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I just think it looks and flows better at 144hz. 60fps is a bit of an eyesore for me now I guess, I'd rather sacrifice resolution.
    each to their own I guess. I am a frames whore usually, but honestly if its not first person, or reliant on the visual field moving with the controller or mouse. I rarely get any extra out of the experience at over 60 fps. On action games though we are 100% in agreement. 1st or 3rd person I needs mah frames!!

As Grim says games with controllers tend to be less obvious due to the max fixed velocity.

22. Post
    The past twenty posts in this thread.

23. Post
    lock this thread

24. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I am praying that GP gets an invite to upcoming press events so I can give it a spin... if they go that route and if the powers that be will allow me that privilege.
    Sadly I can no longer offer the promise of sexual favours for this sort of thing now that Matt has moved on. Will need to rely on my charm... I think I might be farked in that case ;/

I gave Marcin a winkie face emoji and the promise of New Zealand glory if he took up my offer: sexual favours for CDPR gametime is where we're at right now folks....gaming has gotten real af

25. Post
    Finally got round to watching the BG&E2 trailer.
    Now I am just confused. It's still being called a prequel? I don't get how it can be based on the that trailer.